Deep Cuts guide to Swans

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I know there are a fair few fans here so I thought I would link to this:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRYhCg ... gn-PAiAYNg

Deep Cuts is a channel I discovered recently, I like it a lot.
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Thanks, i see that there are few more intersting movies/materials to watch.
Great find. :notworthy:
zaltys7

Good isn't it. Loads of great material there. Let me know how you get on, I even found the guide to experimental Hip-Hop interesting, and that's certainly not my favourite genre.

For anyone else watching this thread, five albums to get you into Post Punk is really good as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z0lcO1qga4
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'll look that up on the telly later. Nice one.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I watched the Swans one on Friday night and immediately thereafter stuck The Seer on, it being one of a very small number of Swans records I hadn't previously heard.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
zaltys7

Hello!

I thought we were music lovers on this forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyXbUzm-Tv0&t=854s

If you don't like that, find something else! and let the rest of us know.

I know f**k all about Death Metal, don't understand it, can't get on with it. Help me with it.

Same goes for etc... etc... etc...
Pista
Cureboi

For anyone who fancies it, they are in session on 6Music this evening.
SWANS - possibly the loudest band on the planet in session tonight.

They have announced a remastered reissue of their ninth studio album, The Great Annihilator, out April 2017.

The album was entirely remastered by Doug Henderson, but only after Bill Rieflin recently tracked down DATs and cassettes containing unmastered mixes from the sessions. Michael Gira (the bands head honcho) described the discovery as "a revelation of great sonic effect".

SWANS is an experimental rock band formed in the USA in 1982, it travels around with very very large amplifying speakers.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ruffers
Overbomber

And at the Roundhouse on Saturday.
Chucking another log on
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

ruffers wrote:And at the Roundhouse on Saturday.
I'll be there.
—Bertrand Russell
ruffers
Overbomber

I'm still thinking about it. Had a ticket last year but didn't make it. I'll see how I feel after PWEI Friday.
Chucking another log on
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Was hoping for

:cry:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:Was hoping for

:cry:
Well that makes more sense, for some reason the first thing that came to my mind was these and i don't even smoke! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pista
Cureboi

Oh. You two....
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

ruffers wrote:I'm still thinking about it. Had a ticket last year but didn't make it. I'll see how I feel after PWEI Friday.
If you've never seen the recent incarnation of the band, don't miss it. Swans live are quite astonishing.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Charlie wrote: Well that makes more sense, for some reason the first thing that came to my mind was these and i don't even smoke! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But now I'm in the mood for a swan vindaloo...

"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:
Charlie wrote: Well that makes more sense, for some reason the first thing that came to my mind was these and i don't even smoke! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But now I'm in the mood for a swan vindaloo...

I am tempted to continue with this picture game but it will mean yet another thread derailed and i'm a newb so i must try harder to behave. :roll:
My mind does wander by mistake at times though :innocent: :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If anyone is going this evening, I'm wearing a pink Hawaiian shirt. Feel free to come over and say hi
—Bertrand Russell