Twin Peaks S03

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Randall Flagg
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

So, 25 years on....

Anyone watching the new series?

No idea what's going on but am hooked again!

Flagg
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Yes! (Hello by the way :D )

Twin Peaks is my favourite ever show, i was worried it would be the usual let down when these things come back, but i've seen ep 1 and 2 so far and love it just as much as ever!!
Can't wait to watch 3 and 4 tomorrow.

And judging by your name i'm guessing you're a fan of The Dark Tower/The Stand too like me :D
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Meanwhile...

I'm a Peaks freak and always have been; the DH purchased a temporary Showtime membership just so that I can watch it. I think Lynch is finally doing what he really wanted to do in the first place; back then, the technology wasn't there and the show was on network TV vs. cable, restricting language, certain themes, nudity, etc.

What I find most shocking about the new series, though, is the physical evidence of the passage of 25+ years. Just...wow. :eek: :|
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Oh yes. Watched the first two as well. Went in with low expectations and am happy the new episodes are bananas. Might have to track down the old Gold Box and rewatch the whole thing.
iesus
Overbomber

Just started a Twin Peaks marathon so i can see the 3 new episodes i have available on pc ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Randall Flagg

Charlie wrote:Yes! (Hello by the way :D )

Twin Peaks is my favourite ever show, i was worried it would be the usual let down when these things come back, but i've seen ep 1 and 2 so far and love it just as much as ever!!
Can't wait to watch 3 and 4 tomorrow.

And judging by your name i'm guessing you're a fan of The Dark Tower/The Stand too like me :D
Good to see I'm not alone!

My expectations were also low - however after watching the double header intro - I'm suitably impressed, and its good to have Agent Cooper back!

Flagg

(and yes - very much a fan of the DT/Stand and lookingforward to seeing Idris bringthis to life on the big screen)
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Just watched episodes 3 & 4!

Lots of :? :?: :eek: :!: and :lol:

In summary: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

adarkadaptedi wrote:Meanwhile...

I'm a Peaks freak and always have been; the DH purchased a temporary Showtime membership just so that I can watch it. I think Lynch is finally doing what he really wanted to do in the first place; back then, the technology wasn't there and the show was on network TV vs. cable, restricting language, certain themes, nudity, etc.
Agreed. Lynch is finally doing what he always wanted to do without being hampered by network restrictions. More power to him.

Twin Peaks was actually also a reason for me head up to Seattle and from there to North Bend - where the RR Diner aka Mar-T's is situated - on my first and so far only (and possibly last ever, given the current political state of affairs) trip to the States. I visited the diner, the mill, which was still up and of which the offices were made into the sheriff's office and the bridge where Ronette walked on in the pilot, which was right across from the mill.
What I find most shocking about the new series, though, is the physical evidence of the passage of 25+ years. Just...wow. :eek: :|
As opposed to looking into the mirror? :lol: Hey, you know the score : we're getting old from the second we were born. There's no escape, not even for actors, no matter how hard some of them try. On that note : that may be one of the reasons why Lara Flynn Boyle is not on the roster of the returning cast. She looks like a plastic surgery nightmare these days. Incredibly sad to see...
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Saying that, Norma Jennings and Shelley Johnson must have been kept in cryo, that preservation!

I love it. Lynch has amped up the tension and horror superbly - I'm on the edge of my seat throughout. Except when they revisit the old cast and then I'm soppy and doting :lol:

Excellent, incomprehensible, stuff.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Anyone still watching this or is it just me! :lol:

Just watched episode 8 - the most insane thing i've ever seen - love it. ;D

...and it had a guest appearance by Nine Inch Nails... just because!
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Charlie wrote:Anyone still watching this or is it just me! :lol:

Trent channelling the Von look :von: :von: :von:

Randall Flagg

oh no - still here and just watched 3 episodes back to back... incl e08.

WTF - possibly the most surreal 30 mins of TV viewing I have ever seen - what is going on?

I cannot explain it at all - but am loving this!

Flagg
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Randall Flagg wrote:

WTF - possibly the most surreal 30 mins of TV viewing I have ever seen - what is going on?

Flagg
I know! :lol:

I'm sitting here trying to think of what to say about that episode but there are no words i can seem to write to give it justice.

:notworthy: :notworthy: to David Lynch!
czuczu
Overbomber

Charlie wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Flagg
I know! :lol:

I'm sitting here trying to think of what to say about that episode but there are no words i can seem to write to give it justice.

:notworthy: :notworthy: to David Lynch!
Got a light?
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

I've just watched the season finale.....!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

I'm just gonna pretend episode 18 doesn't exist 🙃
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

d0gbones wrote:I'm just gonna pretend episode 18 doesn't exist 🙃
I know, the ending has been controversial, a lot of people are upset about it, but i'm fine with it, i always knew David Lynch might do something like that and change the game - makes the 1991 season finale mind f*ck seem like nothing now! :eek:
I never really expected to get any answers outside of the 'Bob' storyline, so i'm good, and the series as a whole has been amazing ;D
czuczu
Overbomber

Loved 18. I mean, at the time it was like being beaten to a bloody pulp but one sleepless night later and I think it was an almost perfect exercise in leading your audience exactly where you want them.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

"What year is this?"

:eek: