Cryptic Flowers Red Multicolor Splat

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
Elon
Road Kill

Hi guys

I have a question regarding the Cryptic in red multic splat version, which usually comes with a black and white sleeve
i realized the vinyl inside my copy is actually Possession LP1
two other friends checked and they realized the same: the vinyl inside is not Cryptic but Possession LP1..
so i am wondering whether it is actually the case for all? Does the Red Multic Splat Cryptic exist? Or all of them are actually the wrong vinyl in a Cryptic sleeve?

Your help would be appreciated

PS-this is the record I am talking about:
https://sisterswiki.org/File:Cryptic_Fl ... _Vinyl.jpg
Being645
Above the Chemist

Interesting question ... :D ... only the expert elite is apparently and as a matter of fact no longer participating in this forum, so there is hardly any chance you receive an answer unless you are on f***book and join their closed shop.

Good luck at that and best
BigPhil
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:... unless you are on f***book and join their closed shop.
I thought they let any old bugger into their shop :eek:
Being645
Above the Chemist

BigPhil wrote:
Being645 wrote:... unless you are on f***book and join their closed shop.
I thought they let any old bugger into their shop :eek:
Heaven knows. You cannot look into it from the outside.
Pista
Cureboi

It's probably a stuff up at the pressing facility
The red splatter vinyls for Cryptic Flowers & Possession are practically identical.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Remembering a friend experienced this as well, we just thought that it had been a mix up at the record store..
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Being645 wrote:...unless you are on f***book and join their closed shop...
And remember folks, here at myheartland we don't sell your personal data to advertisers!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Interesting question ... :D ... only the expert elite is apparently and as a matter of fact no longer participating in this forum, so there is hardly any chance you receive an answer unless you are on f***book and join their closed shop.

I know your aversion to social media but why not create a new e mail address and create a Facebook account in an assumed name? Fake details etc. A friend of mine lists his address as "The Botswana Meat Commission " and his birthdate as 31/1/1900
Facebooks algorithmic masters do not need you to be factual,just to tick the right boxes.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Being645
Above the Chemist

ribbons69 wrote:
Being645 wrote:Interesting question ... :D ... only the expert elite is apparently and as a matter of fact no longer participating in this forum, so there is hardly any chance you receive an answer unless you are on f***book and join their closed shop.

I know your aversion to social media but why not create a new e mail address and create a Facebook account in an assumed name? Fake details etc. A friend of mine lists his address as "The Botswana Meat Commission " and his birthdate as 31/1/1900
Facebooks algorithmic masters do not need you to be factual,just to tick the right boxes.
Nice, only that it's not done with some fake name and address, afaik. They follow you - everywhere - nonetheless, and by your own devices.
In addition and maybe more importantly, I'm obviously very, very, very antisocial measured by their standards, so f**k off ... (* not you, dear ribbons69, of course !!!).
Being645
Above the Chemist

Back to the topic:
Elon wrote:Hi guys

I have a question regarding the Cryptic in red multic splat version, which usually comes with a black and white sleeve
i realized the vinyl inside my copy is actually Possession LP1
two other friends checked and they realized the same: the vinyl inside is not Cryptic but Possession LP1..
so i am wondering whether it is actually the case for all? Does the Red Multic Splat Cryptic exist? Or all of them are actually the wrong vinyl in a Cryptic sleeve?

Your help would be appreciated

PS-this is the record I am talking about:
Interesting is also the fact that the Possession LPs are not known to come on red splattered mc vinyl! So that is at least something relatively rare ... :lol: ...
Do you have a photo of it? And are there any run-out inscriptions? ... :?: ... We should integrate that into the SistersWiki.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/y78e5hsg ...
Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote:
Interesting is also the fact that the Possession LPs are not known to come on red splattered mc vinyl!
Ah, but there was a limited number on that coloured vinyl. ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Interesting is also the fact that the Possession LPs are not known to come on red splattered mc vinyl!
Ah, cool ... :notworthy: ... and I see, it's even noted in a short remark in the SistersWiki ... gotta extend that.
Good to see, that discogs is improving all the time ... :D ... Thank you for the hint! ...
Elon
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:
Pista wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Ah, cool ... :notworthy: ... and I see, it's even noted in a short remark in the SistersWiki ... gotta extend that.
Good to see, that discogs is improving all the time ... :D ... Thank you for the hint! ...
i got the possession red + black and the disc is exactly the same as the one in the cryptic sleeve, same color and same runouts: MERCY A/MERCY B

the two vinyls are identical

question is whether anybody does have a red splat cryptic vinyl, or it doesn't exist and all the ones are actually possession in the wrong sleeve....
visionthing
Road Kill

Hi,
found this discussion just after adding a new topic with nearly the same problem.
I've got a Cryptic Flowers with yellow vinyl in a light blue cover with "coloured vinyl" sticker and noticed that it is Possession LP 1.
Now I wonder if all yellow Cryptic Flowers are Possession LPs?

Psy
Road Kill

visionthing wrote:Hi,
found this discussion just after adding a new topic with nearly the same problem.
I've got a Cryptic Flowers with yellow vinyl in a light blue cover with "coloured vinyl" sticker and noticed that it is Possession LP 1.

Well, mine is at least.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Psy wrote:
visionthing wrote:Hi,

Well, mine is at least.
:eek: ... OK, that's already two reasons to note it as a warning in the SistersWiki ... not now, but pretty soon, promised.
Elon
Road Kill

Same here, my yellow Cryptic is also Possession LP1.... Wonder about the other Cryptic colors... blue etc. Are they also Possession? Can someone check?
visionthing
Road Kill

My white splat Cryptic Flowers is a "real" Cryptic Flowers
Dr Avalanche
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I bought my 'Cryptic Flowers' (with 'coloured vinyl' sticker) as a second hand album while on vacation in 2000 in Uzès in France.

Its clear red vinyl and also to my surprise when I got home it was the Paradiso concert from 1983.
Matrix is Mercy A + B as well.

I always thought it was a mix-up of the recordshop.

But its odd, isnt it? I wonder if there's any real 'Cryptic Flowers' bootlegs out there?
Can anyone confirm?
Tuned in, Turned On, Burned Out....
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Only the black vinyl of Cryptic Flowers has the correct gig mentioned on the back sleeve, all other colours have the first side of the "possesion" boot.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Silence is platinum wrote:Only the black vinyl of Cryptic Flowers has the correct gig mentioned on the back sleeve, all other colours have the first side of the "possesion" boot.
Really? :eek: :eek: :eek: ... all those lovely colours are "only" Possession***? ... :lol: ...

https://sisterswiki.org/Cryptic_Flowers ... l_Pictures

*** :( :urff: ... hell, I gotta revise that page as well again ... the torture never stops ... :lol: ..
Dr Avalanche

I want my money back!!! :p
Dr Avalanche

Or I'll sell it the 27th in Paradiso next to the merchandisestand... :D