If Eldritch knew he was dying...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
XidiouX
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

...do you think he would do something interesting, like Bowie did?

XidiouX
Eye of Ra
Road Kill

Didn't somebody say a while ago that Von would probably only allow the long-awaited "new album" to be released after he died?... I could see him doing something like that. :| Not a thing I like to think about, especially with the way celebs are getting picked off left and right this year.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

That's kind pervert and sick to think about that, but ... I don't think that he would let publish anything that he wouldn't be sure that it would be not as good as previous albums, something that would deminish his legacy (when it comes to studio albums). After all, he's not having kid(s) or wife - at least officially - that he has help to supprt after his death.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Eye of Ra wrote:Didn't somebody say a while ago that Von would probably only allow the long-awaited "new album" to be released after he died?
He'd have to record it first.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

is this really what the new-album debate has come to? [/rhetorical]
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Dan
Overbomber

XidiouX wrote:...do you think he would do something interesting, like Bowie did?

XidiouX
He'd ensure his cats were looked after and provided for.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:is this really what the new-album debate has come to? [/rhetorical]
Apparently. Just remember that death is the end, but if we can ask to release and/or record something after-death, we, as your minons, would be more than happy. Please. Please. Pretty please.
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

XidiouX wrote:...do you think he would do something interesting, like Bowie did?

You're saying he's unaware of his mortality and inevitable death?
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

stufarq wrote:
Eye of Ra wrote:Didn't somebody say a while ago that Von would probably only allow the long-awaited "new album" to be released after he died?
Now that I think about it, if he didn't record it till after he'd died, that would be the most goth thing ever.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
iesus
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
stufarq wrote:
Now that I think about it, if he didn't record it till after he'd died, that would be the most goth thing ever.
Stu is correct. This is a total Golf behaviour and attitude :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Morbid much? ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

the smart people are always aware that they are dying......

A great feeling of liberation
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

deirfiur wrote:the smart people are always aware that they are dying......
rest believe in afterlife.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:Morbid much? ;D
Do you know anything about goffs? :lol:
sultan2075
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Morbid much? ;D
Mark is right. This is some morbid-ass shit. Y'all should be ashamed.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

....do you mean on stage or in real life?
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
XidiouX

It's not a nice topic to discuss but I don't think it's in any way inappropriate. Eldritch insists that his music is about the human condition, all aspects of it, yes, including the dark side which logically implies the inclusion of our ultimate mortal fate.

"And I think I'm going to, going to..."

Yes, he does say 'die' but he can barely bring himself to say it. So much for the g**h accusations.

And he hasn't written anything particularly existential* since, not that we're aware of.

XidiouX

* WYDSM is a comedy song about putting up a front for a girl and not relevant here.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Like I say, personally I think it's a bit morbid, but wearing my mod hat I see no reason whatsoever to forbid it.

Carry on. :von:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

XidiouX wrote: And he hasn't written anything particularly existential* since, not that we're aware of.
Go re-read the lyrics to Crash & Burn.
About as existential as you can get.
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

shivarising wrote: Go re-read the lyrics to Crash & Burn.
About as existential as you can get.
or far parade
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

No wait, you mean he's still alive?
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
HIEROPHANTOM
Road Kill

DAMN! I thought he was David Bowie???
XidiouX

Crash and Burn - straightforward adultery in the back seat of a car. Far Parade - could be about Gordon Brown, or perhaps Belgium. Not exactly Sein und Zeit, either of them.

XidiouX
sultan2075
Overbomber

XidiouX wrote: Not exactly Sein und Zeit, either of them.

XidiouX
You pretentious git (I own two different English translations, the original German, and have translated a bit myself. 'Cuz I'm a wanker. A pretentious, pretentious wanker).

So I approve of this message :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

I read the title thread and I thought it said "Eldritch is Dying"Hope not I've paid for 2 tickets!!!