Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Doctor Who
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #126  Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New Doctor Who to be revealed after Wimbledon Mens Final on Sunday....does this mean it could be Roger Federer?! Laughing
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #127  Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it's walder frey/argus filch as the william hartnell version (for now anyway)....seems as good an idea as any to me. whoever they get will be unbearable for the first 2 episodes, inseperable from the part by the second season and leave just as you accept that they are the doctor. when i was a lad doctors incumbent had staying power. Confused
Charlie

PostPost #128  Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I still watch it, but i don't enjoy it like i used to.

My Doctor was Peter Davison, think i was about 4 when he started and he was my first hero! Laughing

Love all the early Doctors, you can't beat the classic series, love it all, even the plastic sets and dodgy monsters!

I think they should bring back the half-hour episodes with the cliffhanger at the end, good fun!
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #129  Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my first doctor was jon pertwe but MY doctor was tom baker. saying that i recently "borrowed" (in the same way that the doctor "borrowed" Sexy) seasons 1-9 of the modern series and really tennant and smith are excellent.
Charlie

PostPost #130  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New Doctor Who - Jodie Whittaker !

Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #131  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could have been worse.
I was kinda hoping for Gillian Anderson though
TheCureCommunity
Charlie

PostPost #132  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm, I don't know what to think as i don't really know her - saw her a bit in Broadchurch and didn't warm to her..... Neutral ... oh well....yeah it could have been worse!

I was going off Doctor Who a bit so we shall see if she can win me round, it will be a tough job!
Pat
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #133  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see they bottled getting a ginger to do it then.
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #134  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat wrote:
I see they bottled getting a ginger to do it then.

having had THE hottest ginger in british acting on the show already (karen gillan, not catherine tate) you can't blame them for bottling it.
i'm happy to see the first female doctor for a number of reasons, not least that loads of Whovians will be well annoyed by it. it was always going to happen anyway. i just hope they dont dwell on the fact that he/she's female for the first time beyond the necessary "getting used to the new face" bit, and let us get used to a new doctor through the strength of the stories and her acting.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #135  Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you value your sanity, don't read the comments on any major media piece about the new Doctor. They're full of whiny manbabies who seem to think that a 2000-year-old time-travelling alien isn't really believeable played by a woman.
Charlie

PostPost #136  Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They should bring back K9 as a cat, no doubt that would cause a riot Laughing Laughing Laughing
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #137  Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure they'll be distracted the next time someone wants to put a woman's picture on a banknote or something.

This is the problem with the world; all these special snowflakes want their men-only safe-spaces not to be disturbed by girl-cooties Rolling Eyes
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #138  Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you mean all the heterosexual men who are biologically attracted to women but don't actually like them? fucking weirdoes.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #139  Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It matters not one jot what gender, race etc the person who plays the Doctor is.
The main thing is that they are actually good isn't it? Smile
TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #140  Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
you mean all the heterosexual men who are biologically attracted to women but don't actually like them? fucking weirdoes.
Laughing

At least Milo Yiannopoulos walks the walk as well - I'm half-convinced he's only gay because he hates women so much.
Pat
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #141  Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
It matters not one jot what gender, race etc the person who plays the Doctor is.

And ginger.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #142  Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat wrote:
Pista wrote:

And ginger.

Laughing
TheCureCommunity
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #143  Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Reading the comment sections of the newspapers about this is frightening. Lots of people seem to be really scared of women. It's probably no coincidence that many of the commentators don't seem to like ethnic minorities, gay people and Islam either to go by their comments. Haven't bothered to look at the fan-sites as they are generally very reactionary also. On a tangent there's a theory that Gamergate was an early indication of the rise of Trumpism as mostly white males resented women in the gaming world so maybe we shouldn't be surprised by the reaction to a female Doctor. Sad
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #144  Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

abridged wrote:
Reading the comment sections of the newspapers about this is frightening. Lots of people seem to be really scared of women. It's probably no coincidence that many of the commentators don't seem to like ethnic minorities, gay people and Islam either to go by their comments. Haven't bothered to look at the fan-sites as they are generally very reactionary also. On a tangent there's a theory that Gamergate was an early indication of the rise of Trumpism as mostly white males resented women in the gaming world so maybe we shouldn't be surprised by the reaction to a female Doctor. Sad
I've been watching the Social Justice Wars™ since Elevatorgate caused a schism in the online atheism/scepticism movement back in '11.

Gamergate, the kickback against social justice concerns, Trumpism, etc are all, in my view, part of the same thing, whereby the 4chan-mentality has spread out into the world beyond the internet; a substantial proportion of Trump voters did so with the avowed intent of "trolling libtards".

It's just deliberately breaking things because you think other people's distress is amusing. Despicable.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #145  Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:

Momus wrote:
And women should be hated, but first impersonated
"Charm," he said, "is essential to misogyny."
He taught me how to woo the girls, in order to outdo the girls
And the fun would come when I'd got them to love me

paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #146  Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As she's of childbearing age, will she have jelly babies?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #147  Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

paint it black wrote:
Laughing We are not worthy!
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #148  Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

paint it black wrote:

today's winner! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
Pat
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #149  Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glaswegian Dalek ruled out - here
Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #150  Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:

Elevatorgate

Is that satire or real? These days, I really can't tell.
(Serious question)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: