Latest Sisters purchase

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Don't think there exist a good low gen of Oxford, every copy I ever came across sounds a bit wonky
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Zacharias wrote:Holy moly. The Sister Ray cover on this one is fantastic. Never REALLY liked it before but this pushed me over. Is there anyone here with the Oxford CFE 1984-05-18 gig in a more listenable format and willing to share? ;-)
I'd also love to finally get a good sbd version.
The two tracks on the grief lp are much better then any full sbd tape transfer i have, and among my all time favs from early 84
love is just a shot away
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Remind me, is this the one missing Emma?
Goths have feelings too
Drsisters

paint it black wrote:Remind me, is this the one missing Emma?
All copys I've seen miss Emma...
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Zacharias
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Sadly, yes.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Zacharias wrote:
Sadly, yes.
Its on the audience version, but also nothing to listen to
love is just a shot away
Zacharias

jost 7 wrote:
Zacharias wrote:
Sadly, yes.
Its on the audience version, but also nothing to listen to
I generally don't mind audience recordings at all. I find it quite charming. At least when they manage to capture that special little thing.

Also I'm from a punk atmosphere so "lo-fi" sound quality isn't something that bothers me :lol:

If anyone has any kind of rips of soundboard or audience recordings it would make me happy if someone shared. Sadly I don't have anything to trade since my collection is all physical. Some day it would be great to have all bootlegs as mp3's but that for a later date...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Drsisters wrote:
i'm sure Phil will have it
Goths have feelings too
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:
Drsisters wrote:
Not only does he have it, but with typical generosity he shared it via YouTube a wee while back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32kqIO4YANk :notworthy:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Zacharias wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Zacharias wrote:Got this little fella in the mail today!
[img]
Wow ... :notworthy: ... with your kind consent I shall use these cool pictures for an according SistersWiki page ... :?: :D ...
You are of course welcome to do so, mighty wiki lord :notworthy:

Also, feel free to crop the image etc.
... :lol: ... cool. An additional picture of the track list inside were perfect, though ... :) ...

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
paint it black wrote:
Drsisters wrote: All copys I've seen miss Emma...
Not only does he have it, but with typical generosity he shared it via YouTube a wee while back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32kqIO4YANk :notworthy:
Wonderful ... :D :notworthy: ... so I can integrate that in the page to be as well ... :D ... Thanks to Phil !!! ... :D ...
Cedarjet
Amphetamine Filth

"Feel No Pain - The SSV Project" as a vinyl picture disc...
I already had the CD, and now bought the record on discogs. Depending on my mood, I actually enjoy it. If :von: had the intention of producing the worst record of all times for his friends at Time Warner, he failed. It´s not that bad, and even has some (though few) good moments.
Anyway, the successor, the announced if-Trump-becomes-president-album should be ready for release now, right? ;D
Trying is the first step towards failure
(Homer Simpson)
Being645
Above the Chemist

... :lol: ... yeah, there's been enough monkey see, monkey do for more than an EP by now ... :lol: ...

@Zacharias & Nik
done that page now, without a picture from the inlay inside, but with the wonderful video thanks to SpiggyTapes.
https://sisterswiki.org/Oxford_CFE_18-05-84
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Zacharias wrote: If anyone has any kind of rips of soundboard or audience recordings it would make me happy if someone shared. Sadly I don't have anything to trade since my collection is all physical. Some day it would be great to have all bootlegs as mp3's but that for a later date...
cd's rip easily to .mp3 (yuck) and as easily to .FLAC (yummy!)....and if you havent digitised your cassete collection (not too hard to do) there are perfeshionals happy to do it for you here in our very own Heartland! :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Zacharias

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Zacharias wrote: If anyone has any kind of rips of soundboard or audience recordings it would make me happy if someone shared. Sadly I don't have anything to trade since my collection is all physical. Some day it would be great to have all bootlegs as mp3's but that for a later date...
cd's rip easily to .mp3 (yuck) and as easily to .FLAC (yummy!)....and if you havent digitised your cassete collection (not too hard to do) there are perfeshionals happy to do it for you here in our very own Heartland! :von:
Yeah, I used to rip a lot of CDs, vinyls and cassettes years ago. Now I don't have a decent enough computer or the time to do it :-/
Zacharias

Oh! And I found a that Baktabak interview on CD the other day for a steal so had to buy it. The guy wouldn't sell it if I didn't buy the "a tribute to sisters" CD (bleeeuurghh) and Gift as well in a bundle. Since it was no money at all I just bought 'em all (£5). To my surprise when I got home the Gift CD was not the same pressing I already had and was not on Discogs or THE Wiki either. It's missing the "made in Austria" part on the back. Most probably nothing rare at all but here it is anyway for all you completionists out there: https://www.discogs.com/release/10642771
Burning 'cross the breeze.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Zacharias wrote:Oh! And I found a that Baktabak interview on CD the other day for a steal so had to buy it. The guy wouldn't sell it if I didn't buy the "a tribute to sisters" CD (bleeeuurghh) and Gift as well in a bundle. Since it was no money at all I just bought 'em all (£5). To my surprise when I got home the Gift CD was not the same pressing I already had and was not on Discogs or THE Wiki either. It's missing the "made in Austria" part on the back. Most probably nothing rare at all but here it is anyway for all you completionists out there: https://www.discogs.com/release/10642771
Hihi ... lucky you ... :D ... now it is at least linked ... :wink: ...
robertzombie
Overbomber

Zacharias wrote:Oh! And I found a that Baktabak interview on CD the other day for a steal so had to buy it. The guy wouldn't sell it if I didn't buy the "a tribute to sisters" CD (bleeeuurghh) and Gift as well in a bundle. Since it was no money at all I just bought 'em all (£5). To my surprise when I got home the Gift CD was not the same pressing I already had and was not on Discogs or THE Wiki either. It's missing the "made in Austria" part on the back. Most probably nothing rare at all but here it is anyway for all you completionists out there: https://www.discogs.com/release/10642771
What does the Matrix say?

Matrix / Runout: SIS-020-CD-1 3 B2 Mastered By DADC Austria
? ? ?
Zacharias

robertzombie wrote:
What does the Matrix say?

Matrix / Runout: SIS-020-CD-1 3 B2 Mastered By DADC Austria
? ? ?
It says SIS-020-CD-1 3 C5 Mastered by DADC Austria
Zacharias

A friend gave me a gift a month ago but haven't had time to open it until a couple of days ago. Turns out it was Sisters related :von:

The review is already translated on the Wiki (https://sisterswiki.org/Fri,_17-May-1985) but I'll post this image anyway.

Burning 'cross the breeze.
SmileySister

I was gifted an original Sisters pin badge as a Get Well pressie. Far better than a bunch of flowers.

I'm made up (Scouse for delighted) because I have no idea what happened to my original badge or the necklace.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Eventually found one ... ;D ;D ;D ... and at a very reasonable price ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Zacharias

Being645 wrote:Image

Eventually found one ... ;D ;D ;D ... and at a very reasonable price ... ;D ;D ;D ...

I can totally relate to the "shut the f**k up" part. I hope it works on people around you! :lol:
I have however never liked that logo. Ughh. That needs a separate thread actually...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Zacharias wrote:

I can totally relate to the "shut the f**k up" part. I hope it works on people around you! :lol:
I have however never liked that logo. Ughh. That needs a separate thread actually...
Maybe the back explains it all ... Sisters On The Howling Edge ... :lol: 8) ...
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Without checking I don't know if I sold my copy on ebay or not :oops:
There was a hooded version as well, which I believe I still have.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Being645
Above the Chemist

ribbons69 wrote:

Without checking I don't know if I sold my copy on ebay or not :oops:
There was a hooded version as well, which I believe I still have.
Hihi ... it is in fact your picture, but not your shirt ... :D ... do you know what year it was distributed? 2003? 2006? Or 2008? I think during an US-Tour ...