GW2 - Deadline Saturday 19th August 11.30 am

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i don't think i'm holding it together at all!
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Pista
Cureboi

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i'm holding it together purely on account of having Mahrez as captain...
He proper carved up the Brighton defence for their first goal
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

I've just woken up, what day is it?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

does it matter?
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

Nope, It's still my turn to do the housework. Henpecked!
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

it's monday now, if that helps
Pista
Cureboi

I just read that the Mancs are going to offer Ibrahimovic a new contract :eek:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

crikey.
and Nasri's gone definitely now
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Messi off to City??? well now.
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote:Messi off to City??? well now.
He has said he wants to finish his career at Barca though
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

Forget Messi, Carl Jenkinson has joined Birmingham .........
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

emilystrange wrote:it's monday now, if that helps
It's Wild Card day already!!
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

Oxlade-Chamberlain says "NO" ...... Arsenal could be in major trouble next season, currently we could field an entire team of players in the last year of their contract, Sanchez, Ozil and Oxlade-Chamberlain have all apparently rejected new deals, in the case of Sanchez there's no "apparently" involved.
Somebody has f**ked up big time.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Two GWs gone already! All that fretting over the 'summer' break and now we're back to normal, grumbling about the caprices of our players.
To start us off, Swansea got royally stuffed by Mo's Men. 3 goals in 3 minutes blew the bits up that weren't already tattered. Pogba and Lukaku ripped it up, but José was still 'meh..' Capoue started the season ok, along with Robson-Kanu who then went and got sent off. Arsenal... well... something needs to happen there, and fast. Same at Spurs, tbh, they haven't got off to a great start. Perhaps when August is over Kane will be ready to get going. That was a hell of a game but we need to stop the staggering starts and relying on own goals. Huddersfield are riding high with a 100% Premiership win record, Newcastle are practically down already, and Palace scored! Just not in the Premiership. Monday night's game was a humdinger - two red cards (bit harsh, really) and a draw which seemed fair enough. Sterling's showing his credentials without a blush, and Rooney has really found a new lease of life back in blue where he belongs - he won't wear red again now that he's retired from the internationals. It didn't suit him anyway...
This week the natural order of things appears to have been restored ;D
IGM back on top! Not by much, but flying by the seat of our pants is what we do.
Kirkstall Wanderers now own the Yellow Jersey and the Crown. Sterling effort, Mark, you are this week's hero :notworthy: :notworthy:

The Big Shout Out goes to Team WMS with 64

I leave you with the H2H table - over to the Shed for some smashing words on GW3!
Pista
Cureboi

Slowly but surely catching up :D
Well played everyone.
I suppose I had better shake off this [s]hangover[/s] mild bout of nausea & set up a new thread before the weekend :)

edit: GW3 now posted :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

Tottenham looking good for the Europa League .... Man U. Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool must be laughing! Celtic, no hope.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

I had a heartsink.
but at least we're IN the draw.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Well done @markfiend! I bet this GW thread won't be closed in a hurry!
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Screenshot, printed, framed!
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

emilystrange wrote:I had a heartsink.
but at least we're IN the draw.
I know I know!! A point away to Dortmund is essential, the Wembley hoodoo may kill your hopes though, Arsenal failed miserably when they played their Champions League games at Wembley - and we have a good record there!
Actually, Arsenal fail miserably wherever they play in Europe!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Bossing it, Mr Fiend :notworthy:

Well done everyone, top of both leagues (don't be giving it any of that 'it's early doors yet' rubbish, that's what teams who've had a s**t start say to soften the blow :lol: ), now I've got them pesky Christensen's outta my H2H hair I 'may' start contributing some points to that league too, bear with me :oops:

What's this Free Hit business? Is that new, and if so what did it replace? Wildcards n triple goalkeepers and all that, I understand, they're straightforward, but this free hit thing threw me a little when it started trying to insinuate itself into my transfer process. Any advice guys n gals?
Pista
Cureboi

Planet Dave wrote:
What's this Free Hit business? Is that new, and if so what did it replace? Wildcards n triple goalkeepers and all that, I understand, they're straightforward, but this free hit thing threw me a little when it started trying to insinuate itself into my transfer process. Any advice guys n gals?
It's replaced the all out attack chip & it's like a temporary wild card in that you play the chip & you can change your entire team for one week only. After that week finishes, your team reverts back to what it was before you played the chip :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Pista wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:
It's replaced the all out attack chip & it's like a temporary wild card in that you play the chip & you can change your entire team for one week only. After that week finishes, your team reverts back to what it was before you played the chip :)
Okay cheers Steve, so I read it right then, it really does let you swap your entire team temporarily. Crazy, why would anyone want to do that? Whatever happened to faith in yer squad? Ah well, all-out-attack seemed equally useless. I guess it's one to save for that unfortunate time when half ya squad are unavailable for selection due to the dodgy back they've developed as a direct consequence of 'the pressure' of awaiting being signed by Barcelona or, er, Burnley.

The lingo's funny innit, it's a wild card yet these things are chips? Make your minds up FPL linguists, do you wanna be a poker table or a roulette wheel? You can't have it both ways.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

the way some of our luck has gone, we might as well be gambling.
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote:the way some of our luck has gone, we might as well be gambling.
haha.
I'm playing in a talksport predictor league too & that is like gambling.
Had a total 'mare last week :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity