I'm eating Sports Mixture

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Mmmmm. They have to be the NICEST sweets in the world.

kinda like 'midget gems', but nicer.

I was wondering if these orgasmic chewey sweets were available anywhere else in the world? If not, it's an outrage; you should write to your respective presidents IMMEDIATELY demanding ACTION BE TAKEN.

Ooh, think I'll have a green one next
Gazza for England manager
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Never heard of them!! I used to love those ikkle things that looked like tiny bricks, anyone remember what they were called?
Only a paand.
Black Shuck

Sexygoth wrote:Never heard of them!! I used to love those ikkle things that looked like tiny bricks, anyone remember what they were called?
Erm, midget gems maybe?
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

No, they weren't chewy, they were quite hard and they were all different colours.........usually found with the 2p sweets and stuff
Only a paand.
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

Eeeeuww, sports mixtures are truly disgusting! :? My fella eats em all the time, cant see the point of chewing on a tasteless lump of jelly that just gets stuck in ya teeth!

Give me sherbert flying saucers any day! ;D
Intimations of mortality are all about me.....
Black Shuck

Lamia wrote: Give me sherbert flying saucers any day! ;D
There's no accounting for taste...
DerekR
Doobie Brother

aaargh sugar!!! the Devil's work :evil:

Haven't had any sweets or chocolate since Jan 1st. :eek:
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

Sexygoth wrote:No, they weren't chewy, they were quite hard and they were all different colours.........usually found with the 2p sweets and stuff
Were they very small? If so they may have been Pez. They were brick shaped & it was possible to buy dispensers for them with Donald Duck heads and so on. But I never did as I preferred stuff that endangered your teeth more.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

I think that's what they were called..................The packet was all stripy???
Only a paand.
DomConway
Filth

Sexygoth wrote:I think that's what they were called..................The packet was all stripy???
It sure was... Pez ruled! I've got a mate-of-a-mate who collects the dispensers... She's got about 100 different ones...
the only thing to fear is fear itself
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Can you still get em?
Only a paand.
Red_Kola
Amphetamine Filth

Can't find a picture of some Soor Plooms...

EDIT...

Although to be honest, I'd rather just have some gin...
Last edited by Red_Kola on 09 Feb 2004, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Yes but Haribo have the most annoying adverts, and anyone how has that bloody tune as a ringtone needs shooting!
Only a paand.
DomConway
Filth

Sexygoth wrote:Can you still get em?
Yep - try http://www.pez.com for more info
Sexygoth wrote:Yes but Haribo have the most annoying adverts, and anyone how has that bloody tune as a ringtone needs shooting!
Wish you hadn't mentioned that tune, can't get the bl00dy thing out me head now...
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

I AM NOT GOING ON A BLOODY SWEETY WEBSITE!
Only a paand.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Cola Bottles, White Mice, Gummi Bears...... love them all.

You can tell by my figure :)

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
DomConway
Filth

Sexygoth wrote:I AM NOT GOING ON A BLOODY SWEETY WEBSITE!
Alright, calm down! Then tell me why not??
DomConway
Filth

Padstar wrote:Cola Bottles, White Mice, Gummi Bears...... love them all.

You can tell by my figure :)

Paddy.
Milk bottles and those sherbert-filled flying saucers are 2 of me faves... you can tell by the state of my teeth!
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

Sexygoth wrote:Can you still get em?
You sure can SG, i have a strawberry packet in my kitchen as we speak! :lol:
Intimations of mortality are all about me.....
James Blast
Banned

I rekon a certain man who is taking, an hiatus :innocent: from this site while a poll is conducted, would take a very dim view of this thread.
It could be worse, I could be wrong... maybe he has a sweet tooth?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Red Sunsets wrote:I rekon a certain man who is taking, an hiatus :innocent: from this site while a poll is conducted, would take a very dim view of this thread.
It could be worse, I could be wrong... maybe he has a sweet tooth?
i happen to know he's rather fond of irn bru and vimto ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Anyone remember sweet peanuts? Candy in the shape of a monkey nut shell around chopped peanut in a sugary sauce of some sort.

Used to love them. And Pineapple Cubes.

And Wham! bars .... Pink chewy things with fizzy stuff. On a cold day they would shatter when you bit into them. On a hot day you tucked in and they sttttrrrrreeeeeettttttcccccchhhhhheeeeeedddddd down to your knees with bits of sticky pink string getting everywhere.

Tasted absolutely foul, IIRC, but we loved them anyway. 10p a throw, and the ideal accompaniment to a new packet of footie stickers.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

sweet peanuts............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I remember those. Talking of stickers, does anyone remember those garbage pale stickers you used to get with the really gross chewing gum inside?
Only a paand.
Black Shuck

Sexygoth wrote:sweet peanuts............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I remember those. Talking of stickers, does anyone remember those garbage pale stickers you used to get with the really gross chewing gum inside?
Garbage Pail Kids stickers ruled my school!
My mum wouldn't let me buy them (?!)

About two years ago I bought a full box of the feckers on ebay (see my avatar). gave a few packs to me mates, but I'm still left wiv loads... so...

Does anyone want a packet? I'll happily bung one in an envelope for you. they're actually even sicker than you remember them to be. and you still get a free stick of bubble gum inside! (hmm, wonder how it tastes after 20 years?

Let me know if anyone wants a packet!