September 4th: Ancienne Brussels, Belgium

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2017
ruffers
Overbomber

Wichita Lineman from Chris solo encore. Brilliant.

Will try and post
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
ruffers
Overbomber

Wichita Lineman from Chris solo encore. Brilliant.

Will try and post
ruffers
Overbomber

Woolfen wrote:you're a star ruffers :notworthy:
I have my moments.

I'm still in Brussels tomorrow without a ticket and wondering what to do to keep busy :lol:

I think we know what's going to happen though don't we?
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Quick note to say... I've long advocated that if you want to enjoy a present day sister gig, you need to bring some of your self to it. You couldn't hold a memory as an ideal and pick apart all the short comings you perceive. (Relentlessly and with tiresome, sad glee.)

Well, you don't need to bring any of yourself anymore if you don't want to. It's all here. All the miserable, empty motherfuckers can come back!

Totally rocked. Full review later.

Edit because I'm taking to Germans.. yes, there were some issues but the energy is so there!
ruffers
Overbomber

What Chaotician said. If you've already decided you won't enjoy it, like the bloke in the bar at the Roundhouse, then don't bother coming.

Anyone else come along with any semblance of am open mind and you will have fun, tonight was fun.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

pretty good show IMO, Was Von looking at his lyrics at te right hand side of the stage ? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Hardly any smoke for a sisters gig, Nice mirrors on the sealing, but from the right hand side of the venue it seemed to loose it's purpose. Will have a look from the middle position tomorrow ;D ;D ;D

nice ending indeed, however Von and Ben disappeared suddenly andthere was Chris as the shining star whishing you goodnight
:twisted: :twisted:
MUSICA È
po
Amphetamine Filth

Smoke XOR mirrors? At the Roundhouse it was pretty balanced (but less smoke than usual, of course).

Sounds good, nice to hear you guys got a good gig in Belgium too.

I was about to let my ticket for Gothenburg go, but I think I have to reconsider...
09: Oslo / 11: Helsinki, Oslo / 12: Köln / 14: Amsterdam / 15: London / 17: London x2 / 19: London x2, Oslo / 22: Stockholm, Oslo / 23: Berlin, Leipzig
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

more than good enough :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
MUSICA È
Chaotican

I just wrote a long and detailed review and then hit "submit" and it took me to the log in page and I lost it. Damn it.

I need to sleep so the much, much shorter version:

Therapy? did Isolation, which is my favorite JD song so yay. I am suspicious of Neil's repetitive birthdays.

Light show was again great. Purple light on black guitar and rainbow light on white guitar = wow. ToL lights faced outwards at times. If they did it in the Roundhouse, the effect wasn't as pronounced as it was here. Very cool.

Lucretia was a standout with added energy. Romeo down's hiss - I get it, I loved it. I think that we're missing the negative space in the original, which is why some say that don't recognize it. The space between the heartbeats? Builds to something powerful. Revolver was also a standout.

Some sound issues with mic screech at the beginning, some missed lyrics. The overall show carries through and proves it can withstand issues.

Chris is a talented, reliable musician and did a great job tonight.

Ruffers transcribed "and we're back". Also heard, "We're here to have a really good time" (done) and "Don't think we don't see you" (I know).

I'm told the AB crowd is always fabulous. Added a very festive element. Some say that tomorrow could be even better and to be aware of the boost afforded by AB's magic. Ok, bring it. (I'll likely be late tomorrow so I suppose it is a good place to watch from further back.)

Had fun afterwards, too. Deep conversations and plot summaries of Lars and the Real Doll and the South Park pimp episode.

Goodnight.
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Lots of fun reading the in-depth reports of all the dates so far! Safe travels everybody.
Tom Riddler
Banned

thanks Chaotican...always a pleasure to read your reviews... have a great forthcoming time ...
Einstein: Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.
czuczu
Overbomber

stefan moermans wrote:pretty good show IMO, Was Von looking at his lyrics at te right hand side of the stage ?
I think that's his safe place :lol:
He does seem to retreat to the right hand side if he can't hear himself, is lost in a song or wants to moan about something to the crew.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

czuczu wrote:
stefan moermans wrote:pretty good show IMO, Was Von looking at his lyrics at te right hand side of the stage ?
I think that's his safe place :lol:
He does seem to retreat to the right hand side if he can't hear himself, is lost in a song or wants to moan about something to the crew.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MUSICA È
Pista
Cureboi

ruffers, ya dancer!
Great updates once again. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

First of all BIG thanks to ruffers for keeping us updated here ... that is really a great pleasure ... ;D :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

As to the show ... ;D ;D ;D ... hell, this was clearly among the best shows I've seen so far ... as entertaining as in their best days in the 90s ... ;D :lol: ... totally enjoyed myself ... and after a strong and large espresso in the morning I'm still grinning ... that's what I also love (and suffered at times) ... the aftermath of Sisters shows ... :lol: ...

The audience were just overwhelming ... :lol: ... a steady and entirely engaged moshpit that didn't leave me a moment to not enjoy ... or get submerged ... :lol: :lol: ... they were all soo into it. Even more than last year ... ;D :lol: ...and of course, just like others said before, it is a decision to enjoy oneself or not. During the past few gigs I had stayed more in the back ... and enjoyed myself there. That was nice and lovely but it is s a very different thing from rockin' in the front rows ... ;D :twisted: :lol: ...

Yesterday, I loved all the songs the way they were performed ... can take them only my way, anyway, but even old songs brought something new to me, a view I had missed so far or another perpective or some differences in the way they performed them. And of course, it was great to hear Body And Soul and Walk Away live ... it was all a great pleasure to me ... ;D ;D ;D ... ok, Lucretia and This Corrosion are clearly not along my lines these days and I did not find much way to adapt ... but hell, the crowd utterly enjoyed, so what, they were clearly the overwhelming majority ... :lol: :lol: ... and I can easily dissolve into the big wide void ... and return tomorrow, maybe with a different view ... :lol: ...
One special track, that comes to my memory now is Romeo Down ... :lol: ... hell, somebody had to write this song ... it is just great and has lots of dimensions to explore ... :notworthy: :D ...
The Rumble cover is really cool ... everybody in rock should know this song ... and the Revolver cover ... looking back it was great joking ... in the event it was ... exploreable ... :lol: ...
(getting in a hurry now, so the rest only in short)
Absolutely loved the final encore by Chris Catalyst ... that was nice and a well done finish of a great show ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
hugs, greetings, kisses to everyone I've meet (and to who it may concern) ... ;D :D ... I really gotta hurry off now ... :kiss: :kiss: ...
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Firstly - many many thanks for the real time updates ( esp. ruffers! :kiss:) :notworthy:

After reading a lot of negative comments about past gigs over the last few years, i was braced for more of the same this year - but no!

So pleased to see so many positive reviews about the gigs so far and to read about how much people have enjoyed themselves! :D :D

Hope this continues for the rest of the tour! :D
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Some great clips from last night already up on yt. Link is for Wichita Lineman, there's a few more up from the same dude, all top quality...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEGLaE4qy3U
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Yeah, that was fun! :D
Finally Body & Soul! That alone was worth the ticket...
I stayed at the back to watch the new lights and especially during Dominion I was blown away. Or it was a druggy flashback. Same vibe :lol:

On the way home in the car I was still looking at the lights in that way: headlights from the other cars making very cool scenes! Could've been dangerous, but I didn't let it come that far...

Tonight part 2. Looking forward to it big time. Fingers crossed for Possession!
in dub we trust
czuczu
Overbomber

Chaotican wrote:I am suspicious of Neil's repetitive birthdays.
Missed this earlier on - I guess he's growing up fast! :lol:
Chaotican

radiojamaica wrote:
On the way home in the car I was still looking at the lights in that way: headlights from the other cars making very cool scenes! Could've been dangerous, but I didn't let it come that far...

YES! I was watching the news at the bar and they were launching war heads and my first thought was, "looks neat when they time it like that."

Still wrapping up a conference call before heading over tonight so I'll get the view from further back whether I want to or not.
zaltys7

Nice to know that the Sisters appreciate Glen Campbell, even if a lot of the fans are idiots :roll:
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Chaotican wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:

YES! I was watching the news at the bar and they were launching war heads and my first thought was, "looks neat when they time it like that."

Still wrapping up a conference call before heading over tonight so I'll get the view from further back whether I want to or not.
Timing is everything :lol: :notworthy:
in dub we trust
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

zaltys7 wrote:Nice to know that the Sisters appreciate Glen Campbell,
I think that might just be Chris. ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

ruffers wrote:Wichita Lineman from Chris solo encore. Brilliant.

Will try and post
No solo ... and maybe too impressing to realise the truth ... or stand it for too long ...

https://sisterswiki.org/Wichita_Lineman
Being645
Above the Chemist

A compilation of highlights ... ;D ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7KXrVI9Aj4

00:00 Ribbons
03:15 Body Electric
06:19 Walk Away
09:45 Dominion / Mother Russia
15:52 Flood II