High Praise from AFI

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Reading album reviews, I always thought I'd like AFI, but never quite clicked. They do seem to have excellent music taste though - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJKrhE2 ... WL&index=1. Suicide, Sisters, er, Spandau Ballet. Plus some other bands that don't begin with S.

Maybe time to give them another try.
robertzombie
Overbomber

The one in the middle clearly has the best taste.
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

But Davey (on the right) is the most dedicated Sisters fan, seeing as he bought one of those Bak-ta-Bak interview picture discs with Eldritch on it.

I had the Guns n Roses one. I remember selling it on, and the palpable disappointment in the record store clerk's voice when he realised that the obscure GnR 12" I was trying to offload was 'just an interview'.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:The one in the middle clearly has the best taste.
:lol: I thought he was deliberately choosing the most obscure records he could find, to up his credibility. I half-expected that huge record box he pulled out to contain a forty-seven volume anthology of The History of Mongolian Open Throat Chanting. :roll:
sultan2075
Overbomber

I saw AFI once back in the 90's, when they were still "just" a hardcore band. They were fucking phenomenal. Unreal. But the record was weak compared to the live show; their gothy stuff doesn't do much for me either.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.