GW14: Deadline 18:45 GMT Tuesday 28th November

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Jo's asked me to get the ball rolling this week while she bungs a hoover round her gaff ahead of some visitors dropping in ;)
I posted a GW13 summary here so I'll not repeat myself & send you all to sleep :)

BUT!!
& This is a big BUT!!!
Yes, the GW starts this evening thanks to PL schedulers &, no doubt, television companies.
Expect tired legs, squad rotations &, of course, Everton to lose again. :innocent:

Let's play :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oo heck I hadn't spotted that there were midweek games! Ta.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Oh man. Yawnited are so boring.
I see Vardy got his eye in early tonight

Edit. Take that back. At least till the 2nd half when they effortlessly fall back into 8-2-0 formation :innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Well someone doesn't rate Sissoko

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

ffs...missed last week due to illness and this week due to erm... missing it. apologies to IGM all round.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

Coutinho & Salad start on the bench
I almost traded out Coutinho for Mané for this one :?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Wood scores for Burnley.
A legitimate reason to say I have Wood. :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

oh dear...
it's not just a hoover. mops are involved. e cloths. and a lot of washing. off on Darkness tour for the next two weekends and no time off work in between, so completely unready for anything.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Pista
Cureboi

Anyone pick Rooney this week?
Asking for a friend ....
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Mav787
One life, all I need

Pista wrote:Anyone pick Rooney this week?
Asking for a friend ....
Satan Orient had him on the bench :D His 4 subs accrued 37 points - and not one of his first 11 didn't play :D :D :D
Pista
Cureboi

Mav787 wrote:
Pista wrote:Anyone pick Rooney this week?
Asking for a friend ....
Satan Orient had him on the bench :D His 4 subs accrued 37 points - and not one of his first 11 didn't play :D :D :D
D'oh!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

EMWK - there's no better excuse for missing something than that, missed it cos I missed it :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: no worries, I may as well have missed the weekend's too, chances are you still got more points than me.

Another so-so GW for my lot, think it's high time I 'welcomed' sterling and salah into the Toluca Lake bootroom, which if nothing else should put a pretty immediate stop to their heroics in the real world. I wouldn't recommend to either of them to get in any taxis in Amsterdam between now and next kick-off.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

don't you dare jinx my players!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

emilystrange wrote:don't you dare jinx my players!
Blimey Boss you sound like my mum, 'ooooh I can't be watching Yoonitid, I'll jinx 'em' she says, every weekend and most midweeks. Awww. Well Boss, I've just jinxed the scouse muppet, soz. Jinxing the city muppet woud perhaps have made more sense in terms of real-world affects but nah, if he aint banging them in then someone else will be, whereas lpool seem to be rather reliant on salah's golden spell right now. At least this week I get to cheer when I see how many he's scored, or nod sagely when he limps off with a fooked hamstring after 5.
Pista
Cureboi

As Jo's still making mini sausage rolls & one of those pineapple & cheese hedgehog things for her visitors, she's asked that I post the summary. So here it comes.....
Bitter rivals, Brighton & Palace scrapped for 90 minutes only to walk away with a point each.
Leicester all but ended Spurs title challenge with a convincing home win that takes them into the top half of the table while West Brom threw away a 2 goal lead at home. But don’t fret Baggies fans. Pards will sort out Pulis’ mess. Again.
In-form Watford almost staged a dramatic comeback against Manc Untidy until Lingard sewed the match up in the 86th minute with a brilliant solo effort.
Onto Wednesday Everton’s incoming new manager was in the stands at Goodison Park as the Toffees took on the mighty Wet Spam. Enter Wayne Rooney who actually hit the target. 3 times!
Man Citeh stayed on course to be invincibles with Sterling grabbing a 96th minute winner & Mo Salad became a super sub, adding 2 on top of Mané\s opener to shunt the reds up to 5th.
At Chelski, Conte was sent off for dissing the ref over an incorrect decision ( he was right by the way). But the blues prevailed & hold form in 3rd.
Bournemouth were practically a no-show as Burnley won to go 6th in the table & Arsenal, after taking the lead on 3 minutes courtesy of Lacazette went on to hammer the Terriers 5-0.
Did I forget anything? Don’t think so

Righto, the FPL this GW saw a shock win by the EIB with 513 points :notworthy:. Could this be the turning of a corner? The BB&S remain in top spot on 7550. :notworthy:
The
Stays with Nikolas Vitus Lagartija’s Damage Dunfermline :notworthy:
While the
Goes to Met-a-morphosis with 63 points :notworthy:
The table goes something like this

The BB&S had a thundering win in the H2h with 24 points opening a 5 point lead up overall. :notworthy:
Looks like I need to post the
this week to AFC Tigers, who top the table :notworthy:
& speaking of tables

Well played everyone & see you all over at the Stadium of Faith for GW15 :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

cheers, my lovely.
my friend from america is now arriving about 4 hours late thanks to illness on the plane and having to drop someone off in Montreal for hospital treatment.
so sitting twiddling thumbs a bit! but everything is clean and tidy except for the cats
eastmidswhizzkid

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:ffs...missed last week due to illness and this week due to erm... missing it. apologies to IGM all round.
and a 3rd week due to being -of all things un-emwk- ASLEEP! :roll:

have shuffled my squad (figurativley) for t'next GW so ... :kiss:

eastmidswhizzkid

incidentally, my "no claret and blue" rule seems to be working at last. only took 3 f**king seasons...