GW16: Deadline 11:30 GMT Saturday 9th December

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Good luck IGM! Good luck our steadfast competitors too, just less luck than the IGM. Can't argue with that.

Cursed Pogba last week, so it's DEFINITELY Salah's turn this weekend, or that bald Silva bloke, he could do with stubbing his toe before he starts treating Old Trafford like his own living room as per last season's first half. Rude, that.

Blah blah good luck folks.
Pista
Cureboi

Haha. Fixed the title for you Dave :)

Summary of last week here

& here's JoMo in training earlier in the week

:innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

That title did not need fixing, it was accurate in and of itself! ;)

That bus is all well and good but if I was him I'd pack it with plastic explosives too just in case.
Pista
Cureboi

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Blimey!
Wet Spam looking proper dangerous today :eek:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i remembered it this week and everything. much good may it do me...
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

Dammit Palace.

There. I've said it. :evil:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Palace lead and of course I have Scott Dann on my bench this week :?

edit: & Dammit again!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Ooh! i had quite a good week this week, with a points haul of 65 (against an average of 43). most of those came from captain kane with 24 but eriksen got 8, salah got 11 and even fabianski got 6. 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

My team sort of burnt down, fell over & sunk into a swamp this week.
If one of my lot wasn't carded, they were subbed off or on or not even used.
I am chuckling at this #milkgate thing though at least.
& the Beeb are having a field day with dairy-product footnallers.
Best one so far has been Edam Hazard, although Alexandre Lactazette was snicker-worthy
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Evening all! I am back from my jaunts, the mini sausage rolls are all gone and my visitors are off back to San Diego (well, currently stuck at Heathrow) so I decided to come back and help out, seeing as there are all these GWs flying about. Cheers to Steve for carrying my ass. :notworthy: :kiss:
Here's his round up from Over In The Shed, with added picture bits:
It only feels like 2 days since GW16 & that’s because….it is.
So for those of you in need of reminding….
In a weekend of derbies, Chelski popped over to the London Stadium & were crowded out by a 9 man Wet Spam defence as they fell to their 4th defeat of the season in the early game.
Watford went down to 10 men in the 1st half at a snowy Turf Moor as Marvin Zeegelaar saw red. A decision that Silva described as harsh, harsh, harsh, harsh. So harsh then.
Swansea hosted the Baggies in what was billed as the worst fixture so far this season. & it was largely devoid of excitement until Bony broke the deadlock to take all 3 points on the 81st minute
This meant that Palace needed a win to keep them off the bottom & an injury time penalty should have surely done it…..until Benteke stepped up after defying team orders & reminded everyone of just why he’s NOT the nominated penalty taker.
Newbies Huddersfield & Brighton met for the first time this season & it was the terriers who took the spoils, zooming up to 11th.
Over at Wembley, Spurs opened the floodgates with a 5-1 thumping of Stoke & to celebrate their 125th anniversary, Newcastle scored more goals than Leicester. Trouble is one of them was for Leicester. D’oh!
Sunday opened at St Mary’s where an in-form Charlie Austin gave the hosts the lead on 3 minutes. He could have had 2 more less than 5 minutes later. Once again, the combination of Arsenal, Sunday lunchtime & an old Spurs away kit looked to be the undoing of the Gunners until supersub Giroud rescued a point in the 88th minute.
The Merseyside derby was a cagey affair as Fat Scam prowled the technical area barking oders & communicating with Craig Shakespeare via his hi tech communication system. It was Mo Salad who opened the scoring with a shot of pure class on 42 minutes & had Mané on the stroke of half time, he could have had a second. But, at a snowy Anfield, the snow flake count increased by 1 as Calvert-Lewin won the softest penalty you’ll ever see which Ruggy converted 2 minutes later. Suffice to say Klopp was less than happy.
Winding the week up, Old Trafford was the scene of the Manc derby. It took until the 43rd minute for David Silva to break the deadlock as Unitady looked to defend & then score on the break. 4 minutes later, that’s just what they did as a Delph error allowed Rashford to poach an equaliser.
But the spoils went to the blues thanks to a 2nd half Otamendi strike leaving the man with the biggest scarf in the premier league on cloud nine & setting up a bit of a tunnel scuffle afterwards.

In the FPL it’s always derby day & this week the victory went to the IGM with 543 points praise2 , closing in on the BB&S who still lead overall praise2
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija’s Damage Dunfermline hold onto the Yellow Jersey
& also shared the Big Shout Out with emilystrange’s Darkball AFC on 70 points each. praise2 praise2 (wooohooo! - ems)
The H2H went to the BB&S with 21 points to re-establish a 6 point overall lead. praise2
& the crown? well Nikolas Vitus Lagartija’s Damage Dunfermline also hold onto that this week. king2
The tables:
and the H2H

So off to The Shed we all go for that mulled wine Steve promised. I'll bring the Lemsip. Woohooo!
Watch your squads for injuries, kids. And keep your milk to yourself. ;D [/img]
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Pista
Cureboi

Well played peoples :notworthy:
Right. Better get to the transfers before all the prices go up :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity