Intelligent conversation

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Black Planet wrote:
Sexygoth wrote:
My reply was prompted by what Mr. Chris said, about ppl going off to uni and coming home snobby some how. That really bothered me.
I can see why you would be bothered by that, BP, but it wasn't actually what I said :wink: . Some people do go off to Uni and become snobby, but in my opinion just as destructive is the (wrong, as I pointed out :) ) perception that they would feel this way. This is just what I've experienced. I don't think I'm better than anyone else because I went to uni. But a number of my old friends back home (and my dad, to return to my not particularly interesting story) seemed to assume that I WOULD, and I found that quite a difficult assumption to remove :| . And if it isn't removed, it can be destructive to a friendship :( .

That's all I was trying to say :D
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...