James Blaast....R.I.P..

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Hey folks, sorry I don't hang around much here any more...

Just passing a message on from Facebook:
Further to my post earlier ré Molly, I'm sorry to have to tell you all that she passed away last night at the Queen Elizabeth University hospital or the death star as James used to call it.

I heard the sad news on my way home from John's cousin Mike Kelly who informed me she passed away with family and friends at her side. She never recovered from the chest infection she had before Christmas and it eventually turned into pneumonia. The doctors also confirmed her heart was very weak at the end.

Mike will let me know the funeral arrangements as soon as they are confirmed and obviously I'll share the details with you all via this group.

RIP Molly...you can join your dear son now. :(
Only met her a few times, but by f**k did she make an impression. And she told me off for not coming to visit them more often at James' funeral (long after we'd stopped speaking, to my obvious hindsight regret).

RIP The Mum.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I was just coming here to post the same thing. RIP the Molly x :cry:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've just been reading the first page of this thread. I don't mind admitting that I'm in floods of tears
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
BillyBadBreaks(Again!)
Road Kill

Totally gutted to hear the terrible news. I have been away from here for some time but did message with James occasionally. I was wondering why I had not heard from him :cry:
Big Si
School Bully

BillyBadBreaks(Again!) wrote:Totally gutted to hear the terrible news. I have been away from here for some time but did message with James occasionally. I was wondering why I had not heard from him :cry:
Waves to Dr. J Image
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
BillyBadBreaks(Again!)
Road Kill

Big Si wrote:
BillyBadBreaks(Again!) wrote:Totally gutted to hear the terrible news. I have been away from here for some time but did message with James occasionally. I was wondering why I had not heard from him :cry:
Waves to Dr. J Image
It is good to be back, I just wish it was to better news. I do miss him :cry:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

BillyBadBreaks(Again!) wrote:
Big Si wrote:
Waves to Dr. J Image
wherever he is he'll be calling you all kinds of a wuss for that Jeff. :twisted:

....and welcome back bro. 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

FYI, if you're on Thi Farcebook (as James called it, even though he did relent and also signed up there some months before he passed away), there's a page dedicated to his memory called 'The James Blaast!â„¢ Appreciation Society'. We share stories and pics of James and Molly, and post stuff related to his pet likes and peeves. Loads of music related articles, as you can imagine. Just to keep his memory alive and celebrate the man he was, warts anaw.

And I know how you must feel, Jeff. I recently discovered that an ex-girlfriend of mine died eleven years ago. It's just as gutting as if it had just happened. I still miss James too and it's been over two years now.
BillyBadBreaks(Again!)
Road Kill

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
BillyBadBreaks(Again!) wrote:
Big Si wrote: Waves to Dr. J Image
wherever he is he'll be calling you all kinds of a wuss for that Jeff. :twisted:

....and welcome back bro. 8)
I am sure he is mocking me like crazy!
bambam
Road Kill

sam1 wrote:I don't really post here any longer. .but I thought I would resurface to inform the forum that Mr James Blaast passed away yesterday evening. ..I for one was sad to hear this news, as it was sudden and unexpected. ...R.I.P James Blaast. .get pished. .destroy. .
RIP :(
Pista
Cureboi

Would have been the big man's birthday today so raising a glass this evening :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Cheers! I think I saw him on a large cloud in heaven in the afternoon preparing everything for a lovely barbecue ... :) ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Being645 wrote:Cheers! I think I saw him on a large cloud in heaven in the afternoon preparing everything for a lovely barbecue ... :) ...
That's a nice thought :)

Raised a few glasses to Brer Blaast last night.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Raised a few last night & again tonight .
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Had a few cold ones in his honour last night.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

i do miss his presence around here! miss him giving me s**t and me giving it back ...
never forgotten forever in our hearts 💜 🖤 💜
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Fully seconded, Debs.