Grammar

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I have made an executive decision.

Of course, I have no authority to do so, but as that's never stopped me before, here's the deal:

This is the (un)official Grammar Correction thread.

To the Grammar Police: If you are one of those who tends to scour the board for misplaced apostrophes, misspellings and even typos, only to point them out to a board of people who either don't care or didn't know it was wrong in the first place, this is now your thread. Quote the offending Rebel in this thread, and cut him or her down to your heart's content. Be as supercilious or condescending as you like; the Rebels will never know because they won't see it.

To the Grammar Rebels: If you are one of those who takes exception to linguistic nit-picking, who posts--ad nauseum--of your dissatisfaction with the Police correcting your subpar English usage, and who revels in said subpar usage, do not enter this thread. You have no place here, and you wouldn't care even if you did know it was wrong. If you don't see it, you can't bitch about it, right? Right.

Now, I do hope this will cut down on the current trend to clog every thread with multiple-post bickering over grammar. It was funny the first few times, but it has, of late, turned repetitive and boring. I don't want to hear it, so I'll be staying away from here. If you do want to hear it, pull up a chair.

Thank you, and good night.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Nipples !

Not that i completely disagree.... its just that the word "nipples" looks as good on screen as it sounds to say!

:)

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Ide just like to point out that this has very little to do with this thread...

Is Richey back yet ??? Did the liymus thread prove "positive ill stay???"

I guess im a grammar rebel as the ability to communicate for me is more important than the spelling. And when alls said and done im just not as clever as a lot of the people on here so.....

;)

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
F*ck*As*Goth
Amphetamine Filth

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnipples.... it helps when you stretch it....nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnipplesssssssssssss.......
DomConway
Filth

Padstar wrote:Nipples !
:lol: Gusset is another good one, especially when shouted at top volume :D
Padstar wrote:I guess im a grammar rebel as the ability to communicate for me is more important than the spelling. And when alls said and done im just not as clever as a lot of the people on here so.....

:wink:
It's nothing to do with being clever/intelligent IMO - bad grammar dont mean your fick! It's more to do with what you were taught at school (or not) and how you were taught it.
the only thing to fear is fear itself
F*ck*As*Goth
Amphetamine Filth

Dom.. and on this forum... typing skills help... big time.. hehe
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

I'm impressed Corpy. Very impressed.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

How much y'all wanna bet that I 'mysteriously disappear' again by the end of the week?

:lol: :wink:
Silver_Owl
The Don

w a n k e l rotary engine...........beats nipples hands down.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Gusty o'windflap
Only a paand.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Can I just say "Moist" - there I said it - HA! ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Now that's more like it.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

As a former member of the Grammar Police, may I now retract any and all grammar and spelling corrections I have made in the past.

It was just a joke that got a bit out of hand, OK?

Sorry everyone.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

No you may not, the damage has been done now and we are all scared for life, hope you're proud of yourself!
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Even if I grovel?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

try and I'll let you know.................
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm grovelling! I'm grovelling!
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Pathetic
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

;D
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

Can I say kipperlicker in here?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

very much not
Only a paand.
James Blast
Banned

I knew you'd say that
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

LARD!

Oh, sorry, wrong thread.
James Blast
Banned

Like this CP...

I own that CD.
~ Peter Steele
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Naw, more like this:

YUM! :P