alice cooper/ The m*****n

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Saw The Mish tonight in Leeds and enjoyed it, now there's a surprise lol. 45 minute set with them coming on at 8pm. Setlist is mostly the hits but Swoon featured too. La Huss was in good voice and Craig handled backing vocal duties as no Evi.on this expedition. Band morale seemed good with Adams taking the mickey out of Hussey at one point with Huss giving a standard LFC fan Gary Sprake gag at the expense of Leeds.

Alice Cooper started brilliantly and in the first 30 seconds he pulled all the rock.shapes that Von once dreamt of. It rapidly sank though as typical american widdly widdly guitar histrionics took over.

You'll enjoy Thursnight in Brum my friend x
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for the review. It's says doors open at 6pm, but I will be struggling to get to the venue by then.What time do you suggest I get to the venue in time to see The m*****n of course? :wink: :wink:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Doors at Leeds were 5.30 with Tubes on at 7.00. Security is beefed up after the Manca MEN bombing so allow a few extra minutes to get in.

We left the Wetherspoons next door at 6.45 and got in in time though.

Expect metal detector scans and rummages through handbags, still got the digirecorder in though.
czuczu
Overbomber

They were great just now but the crowd really didnt go for them, Wayne a little miffed at the end.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Managed to get to the front of the stage with other m*****n followers to Severina. Soon after security told us to get back to our seats. The m*****n were good and Alice was a theatrical as ever! I guess you guys had your eyes peeled on Alice Cooper's female guitarist?! :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Her "technique" was admirable, plus at least her guitar was plugged in, unlike Slink at the start in Leeds lol, glad you enjoyed the gig matey
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

Been there, done that !
I was quite impressed until I hit the floor,.....Isn’t that what friends are for ?
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Intro of Alice last night at the Bristol gig. He wished my friend Alison a Happy Birthday!

Mood not great, but never the less a cracking solo performance at Liverpool and Bristol. Nice to meet Swinnow and we missed Smiley Sister :)
Swinnow
Overbomber

Liverpool was a good solo gig, no real surprise songs but he was in a great mood despite, or probably due to, a late start for reasons concerned with the Mighty Reds :). There was an aborted piano version of Marian which amused the non-partisan audience. Great to see friends old and new at the Philharmonic who I see at Girls and Mish gigs all over the place.

Belated Happy Birthday to Alison from Chris and Tyna.
Swinnow
Overbomber

jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:For the interested few....

https://livemusicreviews.co.uk/2018/05/ ... usic-room/
I am, thanks.
Have been to sao paulo few weeks too early.
love is just a shot away
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for the link.