End of an era. BBC to leave Maida Vale studios

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

BBC to leave iconic Maida Vale studios

I'm sure many of us have listened to lots of sessions that were recorded at Maida Vale.
Peel's sessions most notably.

Also, this is where the famous Doctor Who theme was recorded

:(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

... :( ... indeed. They should turn it into a broadcast musuem ... :) ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

I remember first hearing the name "Maida Vale" in connection with bands in session on Radio One, and (having never been to London) thinking that the DJ was saying "made of ale", which was either the least effective construction method ever or a reference to the amount of alcohol imbibed there.

TSOM's sessions for John Peel were recorded there, apparently (the 1984 one in Studio 5, fact fans). Amazing to think the Ric Rac is probably one of the only studios that TSOM 1980-1985 recorded at that is still operating.