Tours 2018/19

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

Ben's been out a while, he was touring with Nathan Grey for the last lot of US Ghost dates.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

so are they also featured on the new record? They will be on the live one at least.
Such a kids rockn roll circus, but entertaining
love is just a shot away
copper
Amphetamine Filth

d0gbones wrote:Most of September's out - Ben's touring with PIG.
Plus, Chris touring with Geist from late October to mid-December.

For sure, there's the off-chance that :von: will "really shake things up" and resurrect his olden idea (mid-90's) to perform solely with the Doc.

All the while sounding spacious like The Comsat Angels :roll:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

That would be wet dream/joke come true. And how much money-saving would it be.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Would the money savng steps be enough to require the opening of the vaults beneath west Leeds that contain the live recordings and nearly complete studio sessions? I doubt it, well not until hell ices over or the idiotic brexit provokes huge cat food inflation above the chemist.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Being645
Above the Chemist

Swinnow wrote:Would the money savng steps be enough to require the opening of the vaults beneath west Leeds that contain the live recordings and nearly complete studio sessions? I doubt it, well not until hell ices over or the idiotic brexit provokes huge cat food inflation above the chemist.
I thought all these things sadly burnt down in Adam's house ... :?: ...
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

copper wrote:For sure, there's the off-chance that :von: will "really shake things up" and resurrect his olden idea (mid-90's) to perform solely with the Doc.
I'd love that so, so much, but I'm also kind of enjoying having money to spend so if none of them can do anything remotely interesting for a while, that'd be great. Eureka Machines is fine because I needed an excuse to go to York.
(Are we allowed to talk about the spooky mask thing now, or nah? Their names seem to be pretty widely out there now anyway..?)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bartek wrote:That would be wet dream/joke come true. And how much money-saving would it be.
As you ask... £300 per guitarist per gig is a figure I've heard :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
Bartek wrote:That would be wet dream/joke come true. And how much money-saving would it be.
Is it just me to does that seem low?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Well, their appeal is more selective nowadays. OK, not yet at Puppet Show support slot level, but I wouldn't be surprised at such a figure. Make sure you buy the tee shirts kids
sultan2075
Overbomber

Time for TSOM: a Jazz Odyssey?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Ooooh, very none more black :lol:
Swinnow
Overbomber

There is also the 'silent disco' option - here the audience wear headphones ans the stage area is smogged to hell with dry ice and backlit big style. Puts the computers to full use and avoids all complications like paying musicians and singing. Win / win
czuczu
Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:There is also the 'silent disco' option - here the audience wear headphones ans the stage area is smogged to hell with dry ice and backlit big style. Puts the computers to full use and avoids all complications like paying musicians and singing. Win / win
Thwy tried silent gigs in 2006, just skimped on the audience headphones.. :innocent:
Pista
Cureboi

czuczu wrote:
Swinnow wrote:There is also the 'silent disco' option - here the audience wear headphones ans the stage area is smogged to hell with dry ice and backlit big style. Puts the computers to full use and avoids all complications like paying musicians and singing. Win / win
Thwy tried silent gigs in 2006, just skimped on the audience headphones.. :innocent:
Wasn't it more 2008/9 they broke the volume knob off the mx desk?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
czuczu
Overbomber

Pista wrote:
czuczu wrote:
Dunno, I gave up for a while after 2006 - that Astoria show was one of the all time worst things ever. It all got a bit depressing until that Leamington Spa gig raised the bar a little.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Yeah the then Ms Swinnow gave up on Sisters gigs around the same time as "they all got a bit samey", she returned for XXX at Leeds Poly and "the cakes were a nice touch". Guess we'll still ask if she wants to go in 2019.
ruffers
Overbomber

Pista wrote:
czuczu wrote:
You had to remind me and set me off again about that didn't you? :evil: :lol:
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:
If you're playing, let say, 20 gigs tour that (£300 x 2) x 20 gives nice and round figures. :wink:. Not to mention, less money spend on accomodation during tour(s) for such hired hands and possibilty to hire smaller (cheaper?) bus. Plus, you get rid off HR complications (you know, dealing with [blah] people [blah]).

But i'm not insisting that is what's going to happen or what is in his mind. It's just next - logical - step after crossing bass and keyboard players from payroll.
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PIG is touring America this fall and Ben was his guitarist for the promo of the album in London.That being said,he might very well be in the line up for the upcoming tour
Keep Music Evil
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Ben is confirmed for the upcoming PIG tour, both om his Facebook and the official PIG.
copper
Amphetamine Filth

sultan2075 wrote:
markfiend wrote:
Is it just me to does that seem low?
Depends.

Patsy said she was paid £300 a month in 1988.

That's around £780 today, as opposed a 20-date tour with ~£6.000 income before taxes.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

...and i'd do it for me tea and drugs. :roll:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

I'd still take the gig, if no one minds a transgender woman with a serious effect pedal problem, and fond memories of learning all of Vision Thing in one night with speed involved many moons ago.

I can play Temple Of Love the proper way (and sing it at the same time!), and my version of Ribbons is heavier than yours.

Dream gig; I'd do it for peanuts.

:lol:
Left at the dead badger.
czuczu
Overbomber

copper wrote:Patsy said she was paid £300 a month in 1988.
I thought band members were on a retainer until the end of 1992?
But by the time Tim was offered the chance to rejoin it was per gig for the tour :?