Height

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

CorpPunk wrote:I don't understand how women get so tall...
Maybe because we have lots of tall relatives? Just a thought... :wink: ;D :kiss: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

SINsister wrote:
CorpPunk wrote:I don't understand how women get so tall...
Maybe because we have lots of tall relatives? Just a thought... :wink: ;D :kiss: :von:
SO DO I!!! Bane of my existence.

I'm going to go stand in a corner with BP and SG with no other height references in sight...
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Height reference.... Andrew. We can reach his lips without standing on tippy toe...

And that makes me happy.

Joining CP and SG in corner...shortville.
mh
Above the Chemist

I've no problem with either short or tall. Accept and celebrate the differences in people I say. There's no point in anybody beating themselves up over their height, and my heart does go out to Sinny for the obvious bullying she's suffered.

For my part I was fairly short till about 15 or 16, when I suddenly shot up, so I'm fairly gangly and awkward now, and it does make a lot of things really difficult - you never really get used to it, even after 17 years.

My original post here was just saying "stop slagging short people, being tall has it's downside too" - sorry if my wording led to any misunderstanding.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

When someone writes a hit song called Short People Got No Reason to Live...

It gets depressing. I happen to like tall guys. I never realized there were downsides to being tall. Other than being on an airplane in a seat my short knees hit...so that one I can really really understand and feel for.
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

@ SINsister - AND people make you stand at the back, on the rickety scaffolding, in school photos. It's still happening to me - complained bitterly the other day when we were all rousted out of the staffroom for the annual freak show...'I can't go up there! I'm 4 months pregnant AND I've got vertigo!'

I *like* being tall, but the 'useful at gigs' aspect is somewhat limited...my 4'10" friend always gets let down the front, whereas no-one in their right mind is having me stand in front of them in me silly heels...

Oh yes, Mr Eldritch. Could it just be that he looks short in early videos because he's stood next to those well-known lawn ornaments, Messrs Hussey & Adams?
Queen of the mean!
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Carrie wrote:
Oh yes, Mr Eldritch. Could it just be that he looks short in early videos because he's stood next to those well-known lawn ornaments, Messrs Hussey & Adams?
Midgets. :wink:
James Blast
Banned

I bang into things, a lot :(

Oh... and I stood next to Pete Steel once, that scared the Bejazuzuz owt o' me! 6' 1" next to 6' 7", no contest.
Mr. E for all his 'tinyness' has his mind, that voice, and his presence AFAIC.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Damn. It seems that there's quite a sizable (HA!) bunch of tall blokes here at HL. Hmm... :twisted: :kiss: :notworthy: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
_emma_
Overbomber

Black Planet wrote:Height reference.... Andrew. We can reach his lips without standing on tippy toe...
No we can't. :( The thing is, we can't. :cry: :cry:
Now seriously, isn't it a well known truth that the real beauty of a person can only be found inside? Although sometimes I'm sure it does show on the outside too, in the way you walk, sit down, light a cigarette, fiddle with your clothes, cringe and retreat in certain circumstances, put on a brave face in others, things you say and the way you say them, and so on...

Small, fast, shiny sports cars are very nice to look at, too. It's about shape, line and proportions, not size.
Andy TG
Overbomber

So "EVERYBODY" do you consider yourself to be 'vertically challenged" or 'vertacally enhanced'? - I am very much the latter myself! ;-)

I do remember having this conversation before - many months ago - on this wonderful forum!

It does appear to me that public transport and car designers do not consider that anyone over 6 feet tall actually exists. That said cinema seating is very much aimed at "Lanky B******S" ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Andy TG
Overbomber

Not to be overly "rude" but we are all the same when "lying down" ;-)
This Is M & S S & M
Andy TG
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:Damn. It seems that there's quite a sizable (HA!) bunch of tall blokes here at HL. Hmm... :twisted: :kiss: :notworthy: :von:
@ Sinny - you got that right Sister! :von:
This Is M & S S & M
hallucienate
Overbomber

as I've said a few times before, I'm 6 foot 5. Anyone around here I can't call a short-arse?
pikkrong
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:as I've said a few times before, I'm 6 foot 5. Anyone around here I can't call a short-arse?
Did you count the heels in (look at the avatar)? :)
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

FFS. Height is just what you happen to be. Like most other aspects of my appearance I try to avoid any angst over it.

It's not like I'm perfect or anything, just that I can't do much about it so I'll try and play to my strengths. Just as soon as I find some :oops:
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
hallucienate
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:
hallucienate wrote:as I've said a few times before, I'm 6 foot 5. Anyone around here I can't call a short-arse?
Did you count the heels in (look at the avatar)? :)
nah, she's not 6 foot 5, even in those heels. :innocent:
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

I'm six three, and I like it.

Buses are a bastard, yes, but the one thing that is a pain at gigs is everyone considers you must have good eye sight!

In otherwords everyone thinks you should stand right at the back
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

Red Sunsets wrote: Mr. E for all his 'tinyness' has his mind, that voice, and his presence AFAIC.
Exactly. I think sometimes people add these things together & imagine a height they think goes with it. But it doesn't matter a bit.

As for gigs, my view is simple. If you get there before me you can stand in front of me. I don't spend ages queuing up & put up with occasionally atrocious support bands just to get out of the way when some little girlie comes along...

Having said that I have a couple of tiny female friends who are absolutely fearsome when some big lad thinks they'll be easy to push out of the way. Much more tenacious than me. I think maybe smaller people have to be tougher.

Another fab avatar by the way Mr Blast.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Ed Rhombus wrote:I'm six three, and I like it.

Buses are a bastard, yes, but the one thing that is a pain at gigs is everyone considers you must have good eye sight!

In otherwords everyone thinks you should stand right at the back
And you should, dammit, cos otherwise I can't see! :evil:
_emma_
Overbomber

mayhem wrote:As for gigs, my view is simple. If you get there before me you can stand in front of me. I don't spend ages queuing up & put up with occasionally atrocious support bands just to get out of the way when some little girlie comes along...
Having said that I have a couple of tiny female friends who are absolutely fearsome when some big lad thinks they'll be easy to push out of the way. Much more tenacious than me. I think maybe smaller people have to be tougher.
Oh yes we have to. :)
I had this dream once... I managed to get backstage somehow, and I remember walking through a very complex, spooky labirynth of corridors, with tears in my eyes, carrying a huge bazooka, ready to fire at anybody who'd try to get in my way to stop me. There was no one to stop me though, no guards, no crazed fans queued, just the endless, narrow, empty corridors, and I walked on and on ceaselessly until I saw the door... put the bazooka down on the floor... my heart trembled... my thighs got soft and warm... and I touched the handle, pushed it... and woke up. :?
That was one of those dreams that you never forget. Oh how I wept when I woke up! :(
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

Yeah, it must be admitted that Ed's 6'3", brick sh*thouse, big black hat wearing frame between you & the band is NOT what you want. Altho' I could've done without the ghastly female at A Perfect Circle in Manchester who kept whining at ME about it because she was too scared to speak to him... :twisted:
Queen of the mean!
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

I did her a favour.

Saved her eyes from that pretentious short changing wank
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Short is good, and I'll tw*t anyone who says otherwise lol
Only a paand.
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

i seem to have got side tracked in this thread by the thought of emmas thighs getting soft and warm........