Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
The all new 'Who's Going Where and When' thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twp
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #876  Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Idles at Rock City. Very much looking forward to it.
CommodoreRock
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #877  Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PiL was good, however I feel like the vocals lacked some clarity. Not sure if it was the mix or the PA, or a little of both. I saw PiL back a number of years ago at Terminal 5 in NYC and no complaints.
Big Si
School Bully

PostPost #878  Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sultan2075 wrote:
XidiouX wrote:

Great conversation you two Very Happy

I've had the same chat with my mates over the last 15 years or so. I'd stopped buying his albums and even going to see him and the band. Everytime I turned on the Telly to see them on a Music Programme, he was stuck behind a Piano and the rest of the band sounded far too polished.

Thank F*** for Grinderman, the angry Nick that prowled the stage like a Psychotic Preacher was back, but sadly they called it a day far too soon.

For me The Boatmans Call was a great album, but apart from the aforementioned Grinderman (and some Soundtrack work with Warren) everything i've heard since has lost a lot of that vital spark that kept me coming back for more Neutral

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
XidiouX
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #879  Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #880  Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Levellers @ Rock City - 25th Nov
Ferocious Dog @ Brudenell Social Club - 6th April
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #881  Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sinnersday in about an hour. MC50, Cabaret Voltaire, Whispering Sons, John Cale, etc
This year is a different venue, the legendary Limburghal in Genk. Gonna try & catch some ghosts from the past...
Afflikönig
Road Kill

PostPost #882  Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radiojamaica wrote:
Sinnersday in about an hour. MC50, Cabaret Voltaire, Whispering Sons, John Cale, etc
This year is a different venue, the legendary Limburghal in Genk. Gonna try & catch some ghosts from the past...

Whispering Sons are absolutely superb live, enjoy!
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #883  Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Frank Turner in Auckland on Friday night was superb. Amazing energy. Surprised at the size of the venue considering the size of arenas he plays elsewhere. Played a lot of the last three albums which is Ok by me, plus a sort of segue of older tunes.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #884  Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Afflikönig wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:

Whispering Sons are absolutely superb live, enjoy!

They sure are! Seen them many times, cool to see them growing and owning the stage... Yesterday they played for a few thousand people and probably impressed all of them, awesome live band indeed!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #885  Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Peter Murphy with David J. last week: decent performance f*ck up by soundman.
There was almost a lack of bass, odd mix - guitar was on the same, and sometimes higher, level than vocal - and on some songs wall of cacophony. Over all it the closest i will probpalby ever get when it comes to Bauhaus gig. 18 songs, still superb vocal and a lot of energy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
Page 36 of 36

Jump to: