Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
If you're having a bad day... (currently happy)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat

PostPost #826  Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmm.. all i can do now is wait and see who decides what.
then if all does fuckup back to the drawing board i guess.

one awesome thing though my friend Bert or My Dominion came over last night to bring his photo book that is mine now and what a stunning record of 10 years of the sisters, the gigs, this forum and many of you lovely people! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
not to mention the places and his memories of it. makes one feel special being part of it all Our fearless leader!
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #827  Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh hell, Debs ... best wishes from here ... Wink ... I hope that everything will turn out to your advantage and it's only another small hill to take ... Kiss ...
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat

PostPost #828  Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

aww thank you honey but it was a stress test if anything..
good news is it is still happening starting next week YAY!
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #829  Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MadameButterfly wrote:
aww thank you honey but it was a stress test if anything..
good news is it is still happening starting next week YAY!

I think we need a new emoji:

EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #830  Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I was just an ickle Bastard I wiled away my idle hours playing with Lego - houses, airports, cities, spaceships, aeroplanes, trains, all manner of things took shape. I considered whether a career as an architect or an engineer might be on the cards as a result of this passion for creating things, but since I have precisely zero talent for drawing or maths neither of these avenues were really an option.

I was talking to my counselor on Friday, trying to explain why I loved my new gig so much - I found it difficult to express exactly what I found so fulfilling. After a while he asked, "Did you play with Lego as a kid?" Sure, I said, I loved it.
"Well there's your answer: you get to spend all day playing with virtual Lego. Balsamiq gives you all the pieces, and you get to put them together in pleasing combinations, taking a bit away here and adding a bit there, getting feedback on the thing you're building, making adjustments, explaining why you decided to plant trees on the roof. You've worked out how to get paid for doing something that isn't work - some people go their whole lives without discovering this."

It took me a while to process this, but the penny finally dropped. That is what I do. It's what I've always enjoyed doing, and what I've always been good at. And then it all started to make sense - my blood pressure is lower than it's been since I was in my teens, I fall asleep at the drop of a hat, I bounce out of bed looking forward to going to "work", and I'm happy to sit in the office long after everyone else has gone home tweaking and polishing the components, getting them just right. I know I sound like a bit of a born-again, but I can't believe how happy this new job makes me. Seriously - I keep asking myself, why did I stick around in a job I hated for more than 10 years, working for a company that couldn't have given less of a shit about what I was doing, when I could have been doing this? Maybe I needed the perspective, maybe I needed to know what it was I didn't want before I could find the thing I wanted, but fuck me sideways - is this what people who love what they do feel every day?
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat

PostPost #831  Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

fuckingawesomeness!!
good feeling hey knowing you are happy in what you are doing.
funny thing is it only hits later on in life that penny dropping. but by the universe when it does it starts making sense doesn't it?

i have more energy now at 43 than ever in my life Wink
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #832  Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got another headline of the year nomination on Fark Very Happy
TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #833  Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New washing machine finally arrived. Ordered it on black Friday & it was half the original price . Result! Very Happy
Had to move a shelf up higher to get it underneath, but got it all plumbed in & the shelf's even level. Another result Very Happy

Go me Cool
TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #834  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
New washing machine finally arrived. Ordered it on black Friday & it was half the original price . Result! Very Happy
Had to move a shelf up higher to get it underneath, but got it all plumbed in & the shelf's even level. Another result Very Happy Go me Cool

BOSCH! Very Happy
Can I bring me smalls 'round, then? Laughing
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #835  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EvilBastard wrote:
Pista wrote:
Had to move a shelf up higher to get it underneath, but got it all plumbed in & the shelf's even level. Another result Very Happy Go me Cool

BOSCH! Very Happy
Can I bring me smalls 'round, then? Laughing

Yeah. Go on then. I need to give it a thorough test Laughing
TheCureCommunity
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #836  Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2019 is going to be a sweet year
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #837  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please no, not a reload of the imperial measure argument. My boys haven't forgiven me for talking in stones and pounds, let alone inches lol. Though I won them back by voting remain Smile
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #838  Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
2019 is going to be a sweet year

Which means they are selling ~5 pounds of palm oil and sugar.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #839  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

after a 25 year hiatus i have started playing the drums again in a band and i'm loving it! i got really jaded about the whole being in a band thing in the end and only enjoyed the live part (sex and drugs and rock n roll are great but the boredom of rehearsals and recording -especially if you at best dislike your band mates became too much of a bind) so i went off to fight the powers that be with illegal raves, better sex and more drugs than its possible to imagine.

[fast forward through a big fat foggy cloud -a mixture of wood smoke, amphetamine dust, diesel fumes and baby talc- to the present]

last summer i met Nogz -this tiny little goth chick who as well as being a professional tattooist has got THE most exquisite voice. she has become one of my very very closest friends (she's young enough to be my daughter so the friendship we have is unmarred by any of those squelchy activities-more like a li'l sister from another mister, who is like a female version of myself but much much nicer ). so when she got a band together with some seriously good musician friends of mine, after initially saying "no", when i saw the retard she had for a sticksman I had to insist on replacing him. and you know what? ive never enjoyed anything so much!

so at nearly 50 its sex (none at all really) drugs (enough to replace the less-effective blood in my drugstream) and full on rock and f**king roll....and so much FUN. which has made me a very happy Whizzkid indeed. knew you'd be pleased. Cool
Flying Bat!
SmileySister
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #840  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now that sounds like fun Lee - have a blast Smile
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #841  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Snouds great.

I found myself in siutation that i have great urge to back to play (my bass is in poor condition), and i thought abut staring play on trumpet because i like sound of that instrument (not only because i used to listen more and more jazz). So, i'm seriusly thinking about getting one for myself and start to learn how to produce (some) sound and even melody on this instrument.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #842  Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great news Lee.

Very Happy
TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #843  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hihi, that sounds great, Lee. Good Luck at it to all of you ... Laughing Mr. Green We are not worthy! ...
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #844  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hope the band isn't called Spinal Tap.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #845  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
Hope the band isn't called Spinal Tap.

i was a bit slow then sorry Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Page 34 of 34

Jump to: