Anyone Recognise This Axe?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Vox
Road Kill

Unfortunately not the original plus Wayne's has a slightly different headstock (it changed from the 1980 first issues to the 1981 model I believe).

but those Royal Albert Hall and God's Own Medicine tones are there, flick a switch and yup there's Severina flip it back and there's F&L&A from Wake.

Wayne's got nicked.

ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

how much is one of em worth then?
EraserHead
Road Kill

Wasn't there a Yamaha Pacifica 12 like that ?
Eh!
James Blast
Banned

For years I've wanted to know what was 'tipexed' on the fret board of this here geetar on the OGWT appearance, I can make out "SURF" and "DRUG". Anyone one else enlighten me?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Vox
Road Kill

ryan_w_0000 wrote:how much is one of em worth then?
whatever yer willing to pay for them, they're actually quite hard to find these days, I got this one for $350 but it could have gone for a lot more, I spoke to a hardcore Aria collector about it and he told me it's rarity value far outweighs it's actual worth as a musical instrument then he offered me $800 for it. As I said Aria only manufactured them between 1980-1981, the Yamaha Pacifica's are alright but thet feel a bit "flimsy".

Vox
Vox
Road Kill

Red Sunsets wrote:For years I've wanted to know what was 'tipexed' on the fret board of this here geetar on the OGWT appearance, I can make out "SURF" and "DRUG". Anyone one else enlighten me?
it was DRUG I believe.
James Blast
Banned

Vox wrote:it was DRUG I believe.
sure there was more Vox
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

I asked Mr Hussey about this last year.

It was originally brown/natural wood, he painted it black finishing of the headstock with Gaffer and LX tape

The original was nicked, and he still seamed saddened by this.

Aria pro II was a low to mid range guitar, so wouldn't have been too expensive at the time but 12 strings are always rarer..

I've got a Yamaha Pacifica 12 string.

Liz and now Scardy uses it in Rhombus. It does the job and stays in tune well.
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Vox
Road Kill

Ed Rhombus wrote:It was originally brown/natural wood, he painted it black finishing of the headstock with Gaffer and LX tape
As was this one until it got a coat of matt black a'la Mr Hussey's guitar. Sad I know, but the original finish looks s**t.

Vox
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Red Sunsets wrote:For years I've wanted to know what was 'tipexed' on the fret board of this here geetar on the OGWT appearance, I can make out "SURF" and "DRUG". Anyone one else enlighten me?
i reckon the "surf" bit was gary's guitar...

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 4211#74211
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

Much obliged QB, mystery solved, I can sleep sound again. :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele