Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Request: Wasteland 12" on CD?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaijin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:07 am    Post subject: Request: Wasteland 12" on CD? Reply with quote Back to top

Before I get bottled for asking about a m*****n track - please read on.

I have 3 12" records that feature this track, but a scan of the various reissued/remastered CD releases via discogs has left me wondering what is going on. I can't find the original extended version anywhere on CD (except for some out of print Spanish compilations).

Is anyone able to PM me a link to a flac please?

Now you can throw your bottles. Mr. Green
Big Si
School Bully

PostPost #2  Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Request: Wasteland 12" on CD? Reply with quote Back to top

Gaijin wrote:
Before I get bottled for asking about a m*****n track - please read on.

I have 3 12" records that feature this track, but a scan of the various reissued/remastered CD releases via discogs has left me wondering what is going on. I can't find the original extended version anywhere on CD (except for some out of print Spanish compilations).

Is anyone able to PM me a link to a flac please?

Now you can throw your bottles. Mr. Green

Do you mean the Anniversary Mix or the LP version or the 12" version ?

All are longer than the 7" version (naturally)....

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #3  Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While we're talking about The m*****n on CD, I'd like to comment that I only ever owned one m*****n CD - it was in a really stupid HUGE box - with a space for 3 more cd's. Presumably the next 3 singles. Anyway, after a few years the picture on the cd started to flake off and I didn't want to damage my cd player by getting flakes of paint(?) in it so I threw it away. I threw away the stupid big box as well seeing as I never bought the next 3 singles. I'm mentioning this because three other people I mentioned it to said theirs also had the picture flake off in the same way. So I'm wondering if anyone else here had the same CD with the stupid massive box, and if theirs has flaked off also?

EDIT: Looking at discogs, the box was supposed to have been released with Butterfly On A Wheel, but the disc I got in the box was Hands Across The Ocean which was the 4th one in the set. Weird.
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #4  Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My CD of Hands Across The Ocean shed it's skin, in rather rapid time, too. I remember being a bit miffed as the "B side" tracks were quite interesting (at the time).

For conpletists I got the blimmin' silly box thing with Butterfly.
Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #5  Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, a design fault then, presumably. I wonder if the same thing happened to all of them. It'd maybe mean an intact one would be rare?
Gaijin

PostPost #6  Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ Big Si - The extended mix please my good man. The others saw a reissue on the Universal remasters circa 2006/7.

This appears to be the first CD release of the Extended Mix: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Eighties/release/1680382

And another: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Maxi-Pop-VI/master/1123935

And another: https://www.discogs.com/Various-12x12-Pop/release/1667137

All issued in Spain only.
Gaijin

PostPost #7  Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure why I posted this in the trading section. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Trading All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: