where does Andy live now?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

is it still Germany or has he moved?
he once had a day job around 97, any idea what he was doing?
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Dunno.... not the foggiest.....

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Believe he lives in Amsterdam, although he said in the BBC interview that he also 'spends a lot of time on the office floor' which probably means Leeds.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

No, I think he's delusional, and believes that he actually has a job. He's probably one of those people who spend all their time in Starbucks drinking coffee very slowly, and who keep looking at their watches as if they have to get back to the 'office' any minute. There are many people in Japan who are too embarrassed to admit they are now unemployed, but they spend their time in public libraries, which is at least educational.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

from rumours i heard he is living in the u.s. now????
Lowrider
Road Kill

in our hearts

:urff:
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

oooh, someone had to!
Chris

Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

According to someone I know who's slightly (so she says) related to the man, he is living in Amsterdam at the moment, though he does spend a bit of time back in Leeds. Last I heard he was hanging around that big student pub at the back of Leeds Uni for a few weeks with Mr Whammy. (I'm racking my brain but I can't remember its name... anyone know ?)

He's alledgedly had a face lift too, as, & I quote from the lass, "He started to look like a basset hound" !!! How nice.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I've just read what I put & realised 'slightly related' sounds a bit daft. I guess it means not a blood relation in my weird world. :)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Purple Light wrote:Last I heard he was hanging around that big student pub at the back of Leeds Uni for a few weeks with Mr Whammy. (I'm racking my brain but I can't remember its name... anyone know ?)
The Faversham? He's obviously stuck in a timewarp too then.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Andrew, being the lazy B*****D that he is only lives in our Heads! (or Loins in BeeP's case! ;-)) until he decides in his "greatness" ;-) to actually DO something!

Apologies - I have drank a bottle of quality OZ Red Wine - Rosemount - and am therefore "Drunk"!

Knew I'd Be P****D! :-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

In the recent Radio 6 interview he claimed that he now lived somewhere sunny. I've heard rumours of Spain but then there are always rumours...
Amsterdam seems as reasonably as anywhere.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
severina
Road Kill

well, i would say, he lives in hamburg!?!? or?
Karst
Slight Overbomber

No, he definitly moved out of Hamburg in the late 90ies. He indicated this in Virign interview and I think he hold Dutch residency. Which was easier to obtain then now.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

I thought it was now Spain because of this:

http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/gen ... /grim1.htm

Unless he takes his cats on holiday with him.
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Unless those are not his cats.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I thought he said he sadly never lived anywhere long enough to have his OWN cats. Perhaps this is old age setting in. Can't get about like he used to. In a couple of years social services will come round and find that he's passed away, and been eaten by 107 unfed cats.
Chris

jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

isnt the taht resonable for him to move to spain, because of Starling's home is Barcelona i think...... :wink:
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

MrChris wrote:In a couple of years social services will come round and find that he's passed away, and been eaten by 107 unfed cats.
Just like Marie Provost (the name is dredged from very far memory & may be wrong) & her dachshund.

She was a winner, who became a doggie's dinner, to quote Nick Lowe.

107 cats wouldn't live long on them bones!
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Thrash Harry wrote:
Purple Light wrote:Last I heard he was hanging around that big student pub at the back of Leeds Uni for a few weeks with Mr Whammy. (I'm racking my brain but I can't remember its name... anyone know ?)
Faversham it is. Cheers Thrash.
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

Following up on the job bit... anyone have any ideas? I worked for a music software company a few years back and Rodney Orpheus worked for the German branch. They shipped him to California for a few months and he would always say Andrew was the one out of a million who did things right. Right in the sense of actually making some money from the music. Unlike so many others...
That Guitarist, barely clinging to the m*****n for diaper money, which now includes no other original members. Chris Reed of RLYL, runs a studio in Yorkshire (?). Ran into Cevin Key working at a record store here in California. It ain't all grand... ;D
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Purple Light wrote:
Thrash Harry wrote:
Faversham it is. Cheers Thrash.
I'll just nip round and leave my copy of The Reptile House behind the bar and ask them to get him to sign it next time he pops in for a ginger beer then.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I think Andy lives in Wales.

:wink: :lol:
twp
Amphetamine Filth

I have found him dwelling in the recesses of BBC's TOTP2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/fergi ... l?20031212

nice
twp
Amphetamine Filth