Read, read, read!!!! education, imagination, humour

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

In Search of Schrödinger's Cat: Quantum physics reality by John Gribbin
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

My first e-book on my kindle paperwhite
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

How Software Works: The Magic Behind Encryption, CGI, Search Engines, and Other Everyday Technologies by V. Anton Spraul
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/MEG396P

Have a look at the title of the Judge Dredd Vs Razorjack story :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

markfiend wrote:https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/MEG396P

Have a look at the title of the Judge Dredd Vs Razorjack story :lol:
:von:

EDIT: the von smiley has the look of dredd doesn't it?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Recently re-read the entire Nemesis the Warlock series, Dark Ages (by John Pritchard), Electric Eden (by Rob Young), and A Year in the Country: Wandering through Spectral Fields (by Stephen Price)
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

has anyone read this book?!?
please do me a favour and yourself one and read it.

i have a feeling this image is going to be huge!!! sorry mods...i don't know how to control size...a PM with simple instructions would be lovely :oops:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
eastmidswhizzkid

Image#
hard to believe i am only just reading this for the first time.

sultan2075
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Image#
hard to believe i am only just reading this for the first time.
Enjoy! I’ve got a dedicated autographed copy somewhere, signed by RAW sometime in the early/mid 90’s at Forbidden Books in Dallas, TX.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Not a book, but an announcement of a series of articles by the Quietus investigating extreme politics in underground music
With the far right in ascendence across the globe, there's never been a more necessary time to investigate fascist and racist infiltration, current and historical, into the underground culture we love. In an introductory essay to a new Quietus series, Dylan Miller explains why we're doing it.
http://thequietus.com/articles/25682-fa ... etal-noise
iesus
Overbomber

Just bought in Athenscon and will be next reading when finish first this

'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Now:
Rip it Up and Start Again by Simon Reynolds

Just finished:
Desperado. Autobiography by Tomasz Stańko, Rafał Księżyk (Interviewer)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've just finished Just Kids by Patti Smith, her memoir of Robert Mapplethorpe. I't an absolutely beautiful book, tender and loving.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:just started:
Oh, just got a copy myself. Not sure when I’ll get to it though.

Edit: turns out there’s also a play based on it being performed in my neighborhood. Just grabbed tickets.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I bought it after i've read article about him and his work, plus, this, and Whatever, because these were very cheap evan as for e-book. I don't know if read whole, but i'm curiose, and i like people poking other in eyes.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I've long held that Peter Murphy was a genius who would never be properly understood in his own lifetime, but until I read this headline I had had no idea just how influential he has been.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Bartek wrote:I don't know if read whole, but i'm curiose, and i like people poking other in eyes.
And I did read it whole. Interesting and I can't find why it cause such madness on left-side? Like some issues that he presented in book published in 2015 wasn't true (sponsoring thus influencing on many schools and universities, sport clubs and so).
Houellebecq certainly knows what's going around, can read emotion of mob and sociteties, he can write some catching phrases, cynical, sarcatis as true.
eastmidswhizzkid

sultan2075
Overbomber

^ classic! I had that very edition when I was younger.
--
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Image
Hope it's a copy with Rage in it, he let it fall out of print a few years back, no new edition of The Bachman Books contains Rage and I very much doubt you'll see a new edition of it ever again.
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
eastmidswhizzkid

zaltys7 wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Image
Hope it's a copy with Rage in it, he let it fall out of print a few years back, no new edition of The Bachman Books contains Rage and I very much doubt you'll see a new edition of it ever again.
yes Rage is in it. 8)