It's a business thing...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

I recently did some digging on the web and found this:

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0214 ... nRduQItEZE -- The company entry for The Sisters Of Mercy Ltd. -- I've read somewhere that the Sisters are actually a trust (according to :von:) and that :von: acts as a chairman to that trust. So far I've found no source for this.

I gather that this is pretty much the norm as bands incorporate themselves.

In addition: https://companycheck.co.uk/director/902 ... /companies ... all together with what seems to be registered to an industrial address in Leeds.
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I think it's a little odd to go poking into the business mechanics of the band. It's not like it's gonna shed any light on a new album or what toothpaste Von uses, etc.

:roll:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

But it's yet another information about the band. And since it's not involving digging in DarkNet it's not "bizarre", "strange" or whatever, it's there easy to find.

We just can find interesting informations, financial, and personel of people involved with the band.

BTH, I found the same information few years ago, I just didn't wrote anything about it here.

Plus, people have diferent view on transparency.
Being645
Above the Chemist

timsinister wrote:I think it's a little odd to go poking into the business mechanics of the band. It's not like it's gonna shed any light on a new album or what toothpaste Von uses, etc.

:roll:
But it's just normal business statistics, nothing extraordinary ... and as we can see,

The Sisters of Mercy Ltd and The Reptile House Ltd have been doing quite ok over the past few years ... ;D ;D ;D ...

Also, to me, checking simple facts seems far more reasonable than circulating nasty gossip ... :wink: ...
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Heh, I suppose so!
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

For a band that has even Sisters in its name, there's very few women on board of that trust. (Are some of these men even real?)
guns & cars & accidents
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

dinky daisy wrote:For a band that has even Sisters in its name, there's very few women on board of that trust. (Are some of these men even real?)
:lol: I just had a conversation with my inlaws where I had to explain that no the Sisters are not a female-based activist type band...and there are in fact no 'sisters' involved at all :lol: :lol: :roll:
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
EvilBastard
Overbomber

splintered thing wrote:
dinky daisy wrote:For a band that has even Sisters in its name, there's very few women on board of that trust. (Are some of these men even real?)
:lol: I just had a conversation with my inlaws where I had to explain that no the Sisters are not a female-based activist type band...and there are in fact no 'sisters' involved at all :lol: :lol: :roll:
Yeah, but there is a Nurse - although perhaps he's more of a Matron...

"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ooo! Matron indeed ;)
as the day is long,
rain from heaven