Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Sisters' 1982 Peel Session released on Spotify

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

PostPost #1  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Sisters' 1982 Peel Session released on Spotify Reply with quote Back to top

The Sisters' 1982 Peel Session, finally released by the BBC: https://open.spotify.com/album/6G7TJnef3i2Yc0bj9UIwaU

(This means that Good Things has finally been officially released.)
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #2  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also available on amazon.co.uk and the UK iTunes store:

www.amazon.co.uk/John-Peel-Session-Sisters-Mercy/dp/B07WVSCT7Q/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=SISTERS%20MERCY%20PEEL&qid=1567152930&s=gateway&sr=8-1&fbclid=IwAR1jsClJYTRzte9Bsr-Tt6gn7yUN8IUqF3dqzR-gJFUjPoePdKAkK-Ya7Kk

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/john-peel-session-1982-ep/1477218330?fbclid=IwAR0xi2ruWLxipGrJEBYDCM2UOVBNwJ5VjrnETwA9N8YqWzs3lUCpVbcOfxE

However - not available for people outside the UK. I have an account on amazon.co.uk but they don't except my order even after setting the delivery adress to the Warner office in the UK (haha). They asked me to apply a credit card connected with an adress in the UK so my "German" master card did not work. I then bought a gift voucher which was not accepted either. F*** you amazon...

Same with iTunes - not available in the German shop and when I switch to the UK shop they send me back to the German shop when I try to order.

So I tried all "legal" ways". Anyone willing to buy it and "make it available" to other people? Mr. Green

Last edited by Christian on Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

PostPost #3  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Someone on Twitter just said they had the same problem from the US

Unless there's some issue with what international rights the BBC has to the recordings then I suspect it'll be made available globally very soon
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #4  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting it's via Rhino. Does this mean it's part of the original selling off of rights to recordings or is it an extension of that deal?
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #5  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting it's via Rhino. Does this mean it's part of the original selling off of rights to recordings or is it an extension of that deal?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #6  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lazarus corporation wrote:
Unless there's some issue with what international rights the BBC has to the recordings...

I think that will be it. Neutral
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #7  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do they still release The Peal Sessions on vinyl? I presume not. But it would be nice. Cool
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #8  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CD quality download is here: https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/john-peel-session-1982-the-sisters-of-mercy/ndpqi8hjf70mc
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #9  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

waterisnat posted the pre FM tape transfer on dime a couple of weeks back, but buggered if I can find the link now.

Slightly odd that they have spelt Floorshow as two words
TheCureCommunity
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #10  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Exciting times!

At this rate we'll get the complete Hamburg 90 show in 2027
Gaijin
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #11  Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^^ Optimist
andreww100
Road Kill

PostPost #12  Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
waterisnat posted the pre FM tape transfer on dime a couple of weeks back, but buggered if I can find the link now.

DIME banned the torrent as they claimed the BBC 6 Music was not lossless, hence he should not have distributed it as a FLAC.

The DIME admins seem to put an amazing amount of energy into looking at posts. There must be an army of them.

He plans to challenge. Now of course they may claim there is an official release of the tracks!

If that does not work, we can post a Mega link.
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #13  Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it's the same pre-FM transfer shared on the 80/85 group then it's the same transfer available officially.
waterisnat
Road Kill

PostPost #14  Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="robertzombie"]If it's the same pre-FM transfer shared on the 80/85 group then it's the same transfer available officially.[/quote]

And so it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: