Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
KICKLINE, ARE WE GOING TO BE BAD?, BETTER REPTILE
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

PostPost #1  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: KICKLINE, ARE WE GOING TO BE BAD?, BETTER REPTILE Reply with quote Back to top

From beneath the Dylan photo on http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/news/livenews.html

Quote:
Featuring:

KICKLINE (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
ARE WE GOING TO BE BAD? (Christo/Eldritch/Smith/Varjak)
BETTER REPTILE (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)

etc

So?
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #2  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could they be song titles?

Or is it just Von trolling us?
TheCureCommunity
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #3  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
Could they be song titles?

Or is it just Von trolling us?

Looks very much as song titles! Bring on Stockholm! Who thought the Dude was the vitamin injection the band needed? Thank God for him!

Last edited by Depprocksfarfar on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #4  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Christo/Eldritch/Smith/Varjak

What's going on there, then?
Depprocksfarfar

PostPost #5  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
Christo/Eldritch/Smith/Varjak

What's going on there, then?

Most likely a reworked old "new" song.
majorsixth
Road Kill

PostPost #6  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could be one of the songs Von always says they wrote back in the day but never performed because it wasn't finished or in the right style for the live show, maybe.

This is exciting in any case!

edit: on second thought, assuming it isn't all some kind of bait, wonder if those are working titles as they seem a bit unusual (though not necessarily out of line with Slept and Top Nite Out). Maybe it's just the unfamiliarity.

Last edited by majorsixth on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #7  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good grief, nurse bring my meds....
Todashi
Road Kill

PostPost #8  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excuse my lack of nerdiness, but is Mike Varjak still alive/around/on good terms? I literally don't know.

I have two thoughts - possibly these are lineups, and Mike Varjak is going to return to play some of these dates? There is also this on the schedule:

2019 September 16 Antwerpen Belgium strangely unavailable

Or as has been guessed, are these three new songs? But if so, why no lyrics, given that literally just below this cryptic post, there's lyrics of unreleased songs?

Also, if they're songs, it's kind of f**king hilarious that Dylan Smith is being credited with writing three new songs with the band in what seems like minutes after 'joining' the band, when it's been incredibly dry creatively for, like, decades.

Last edited by Todashi on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:20 am; edited 3 times in total
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #9  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the game is on
iesus
Overbomber

PostPost #10  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New songs or trolling? Surprised Surprised Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

At the end they will bring out new album and none will believe them they record one Wierded Out Laughing Laughing
majorsixth
Road Kill

PostPost #11  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

iesus wrote:
New songs or trolling? Surprised Surprised Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

At the end they will bring out new album and none will believe them they record one Wierded Out Laughing Laughing

If the songs are real, it seems a bit unlucky how Chris left due to differences in workrate, only for the Sisters to immediately launch on the longest tour in years and begin debuting new material. Laughing Things work mysteriously.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #12  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm Are We Going to be Bad? Don't think those are songs (maybe comments on some people's expectations!) though the accreditation has thrown me a bit but I hope I was wrong! Very Happy
Charlie
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #13  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing
I doubt it's songs, maybe a bit of banter, cryptic clues to some random thing - who knows!
But he knows we'll analyse it to the nth degree lol!

I don't care what it is, it made me smile this morning! Very Happy

Long may they keep on grooving!

Cool
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #14  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hihi, fully seconded ... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green ...

It looks very much like song titles, though ... * hah, shiver ... Laughing ...
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #15  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Surely the "banter" title would be 'Still from northern England, but avoid it like the plague".

Btw, i scorn the day the word banter was imported into the north.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #16  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not holding my breath - below line on the site is lyrics for "Far Parade" dated: 2009.
At this point I'm taking it as marketing strategy.
iesus
Overbomber

PostPost #17  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ben Christo wrote:
is at Brussels International Airport Zaventem.
52 mins
·
Next stop: Greece 🇬🇷! #thesistersofmercy #sistersofmercy #thiscorrosion #dominion #betterreptile #iwaswrong @gibsonguitar pic @blackh3im

Cryptic or not, it is first time i see the tag #betterreptile from Ben Rolling Eyes Mr. Green
Todashi
Road Kill

PostPost #18  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:
I'm not holding my breath - below line on the site is lyrics for "Far Parade" dated: 2009.
At this point I'm taking it as marketing strategy.

I think at this point in 2019 anyone who gives a s**t is on board. Some cryptic text on a website is a pretty poor attempt at marketing if that's what it is.

My money is on new songs, including one partially written by Mike Varjak. He wrote We are the same Susanne and Will I dream, and so I have high hopes that we might get some good new tracks.

Why he's waited so long to unveil them, who the f**k knows? He's the most wilfully obscure person in the music business.

At this stage, I'm quite close to staging a Misery-like kidnapping - you could fit the entire band and gear in a single Ford Transit. All that would be required would be a hit team and some chloroform, and some kind of abandoned warehouse where you could hold them all hostage and force them to record on pain of having their ankles broken.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #19  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Todashi wrote:

At this stage, I'm quite close to staging a Misery-like kidnapping - you could fit the entire band and gear in a single Ford Transit. All that would be required would be a hit team and some chloroform, and some kind of abandoned warehouse where you could hold them all hostage and force them to record on pain of having their ankles broken.

Surprised

Laughing
TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #20  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Todashi: even if, i'm standing on my position - i believe when it will be confirmed as new songs played live.
majorsixth
Road Kill

PostPost #21  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

iesus wrote:
Ben Christo wrote:
is at Brussels International Airport Zaventem.
52 mins
·
Next stop: Greece 🇬🇷! #thesistersofmercy #sistersofmercy #thiscorrosion #dominion #betterreptile #iwaswrong @gibsonguitar pic @blackh3im

Cryptic or not, it is first time i see the tag #betterreptile from Ben Rolling Eyes Mr. Green

I was wondering before if it might all be a joke on the people pestering Ben about song titles Laughing
pearson

PostPost #22  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

and now:

Quote:
SHOW ME (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)

Question

----------------adam pearson------------------
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

PostPost #23  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How many songs can Dylan Smith co-write in the few weeks(?) he's been in the Sisters???

I should state for the record that I am NOT complaining.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #24  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lazarus corporation wrote:
How many songs can Dylan Smith co-write in the few weeks(?) he's been in the Sisters???

I should state for the record that I am NOT complaining.

If they're already partly or mostly written, then it wouldn't take long for someone to tweak &/or add arrangements I guess.
TheCureCommunity
Scardwel
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #25  Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

and why wait until Catalyst has left before working on new material? It's all a bit sudden... the last "new" song was Arms, premiered during a soundcheck in 2008!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: