2019-10-20 TivoliVredenburg, Utrecht Netherlands

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
Dr Avalanche
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Superb show last night. I really loved it. So much better than the last time in Paradiso. Great set, great versions of the songs, great atmosphere, stunning lightshow and finally less smoke. :)

And I met MadameButterfly and My Dominion too afterwards (that was a first for me after all these years on MyHeartland).

I also had a chat with A.A. Williams, Ben and Dylan. They are so nice and friendly.
Dylan said he was very tired because he had a hard time getting sleep in the tourbus because of his length. I wished him pleasant dreams during the 19 hours plus flight to Australia.

Until the next time!
Tuned in, Turned On, Burned Out....
MrBlonde
Amphetamine Filth

My last videos from this tour:

No Time To Cry
https://youtu.be/5uYZ9OuyeE0

I Was Wrong
https://youtu.be/uGcj2bknCl0

Vision Thing
https://youtu.be/edbrhYgLE40
Being645
Above the Chemist

That was a wonderful show and a great evening ... ;D ;D ;D ...

As ruffers wrote before the venue is just lovely, a bit like the 013 in Tilburg with wide steps in a halfcircle, which on one side even reaches a bit behind stage level so that one can see the stage from the side even (well as far as the view is not blocked by sound an lights equipment. Plus the balconies from where the stairs and platforms reach right down to the ground floor. And really everywhere the next bar is rather close... I aboslutely loved the venue, including all the very friendly and inofmred staff... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

The stage is, however, relatively high. Not as high as Berlin for example but still for me, as one of those with a slipped disc in the neck, it is clearly not advisible to go there and look up to whoever it maybe for such a long time ... :lol: ... But I had found a lovely place from where I could have watched the show from the side stairs and look through from under the boxes, hihi... I'd have loved that, but no. I had to leave and get three steps higher which then would have been right on stage level and very close to it. That was a place far too exposed for me. I don't wanna take an influence on other people doing their job and I know how attention easily turns on me, because I'm just not normal. Anyway, I found myself a nice place further up on the stairs, slightly behind the front stage, where I could lean to the wall nicely or sit on the stairs comfortably and enjoy the music.

And the music was good. The sound there was absolutely clear. And I could enjoy every instrument in its full perrformance. It was very nice to hear the bass and the schepper form the Doctor so present throughout the show, although I found them sufficiently present in Cologe as well, only yesterday each instrument came over say fully defined in the place where I was ... very nice ... I love clear sounds (not to mention sound carpets) ... ;D ;D ;D ... and this counted also for the guitars and the vocals... ... ;D ;D ;D ...

Later more ... *sorry, but I must hurry off now without even having seen any of the videos or something ...
Christian

EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Dr Avalanche wrote: Dylan said he was very tired because he had a hard time getting sleep in the tourbus because of his length. I wished him pleasant dreams during the 19 hours plus flight to Australia.
:lol: lucky AE - he must be able to sleep anywhere
Swinnow
Overbomber

They could put AE in the ashtray and save on the cleaning rota.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dr Avalanche wrote:Superb show last night. I really loved it. So much better than the last time in Paradiso. Great set, great versions of the songs, great atmosphere, stunning lightshow and finally less smoke. :)
It was a great show, possibly my favourite of the dozen or so that I have seen in the last 10 years.

Dylan's height, hair and and cut off shirt look make me think Chris Holmes from W.A.S.P (I really like W.A.S.P., that was meant as a compliment). And he seemed to be understated with the backing vocals, so Andrew's voice seemed more prominent. I'm not sure I've heard a better version of Ribbons, and I loved hearing I Was Wrong played like it is on VT. I've always loved that song, but hated the live versions.

Our first trip abroad without our kids since the second one was born nearly three years ago. So a massive bonus surprise to find that we had been upgraded in our hotel from a small room to the luxury suite. The venue was spot on, great sound, good people, right size and we loved Utrecht and are already planning to come back next year with our daughters.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Still haven't seen any of the videos or listened to the recording ... and very much looking forward to it ... ;D ....

Fortunately, thanks to Charlie, they can all be found in the according SistersWiki page ... :D :notworthy: ...

A.A.WILLIAMS were even better than they were in Cologne with no sound problems at all and even more straight and clear in their expression ... I loved it.
At the end of the set the crowd were invited to say Hi after the gig, which I'd really have liked to do, just say Hi, but I didn't see them later. So busy with
other things that I forgot. But hell the loss, if any, is surely on my side.

The additional vocals of A.A.Williams during the Sisters tracks, btw, sounded so natural to me as if from record, maybe because I didn't see her doing it ... :lol: ;D ...
Anyway, it was lovely that she was invited to do that again ... ;D :notworthy: ... One can see in dream The Sisters rise to a more complete act than they ever were
(or maybe they were, but definitely not on that level). But then again, a bassist and background singers ... is that really necessary. Hhm, not really. For me at least.

As to The Sisters set, Vision Thing was clearly the most impressive song, almost like a short step from some "We, the people can overcome, outsing that mess" ...
Wow ... :lol: :notworthy: ;D ... I've see many great performances of that song, and this one was another extraordinary edition with enormous crowd involvement ... ;D :lol: :notworthy: ...

Also Marian, there was not much missing in directness with this performance, if anything at all. The one in Cologne was just as great and this one, in my perception,
somehow build on that, bringing say, a complementary perpective to it. One day this song can be made into a whole, fully functional icon (again), which, in my view,
was not the case for a long time. Partly, I even doubted whether Andrew remembered what he was singing about and wondered whether he had settled with time
on some (basically more negative) ersatz approach instead (and not only as to this song) ... which, I confess, I could also anytime agree to. But hell, it just not true.

These horrible days are clearly over with this tour. And there's nothing that could, at any rate, ever be more welcome to me ... ;D ...

The concert at TivioliVredenburg was a great finale of the European shows and one can only wish the band some relaxing and refreshing days off
and the same load of joy, pleasure and fun they brought with them all over Europe... and a full cure from that idiot cold, which was anyway almost
gone in Utrecht ... ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Also, it was so lovely to meet all the people who could be there at that last gig of the European part ... to come together and enjoy what was brought to us,
before, during and after the gig ... an entire pleasure ... I think we all went to sleep in good mood, satisfaction and with lots of positive views from this tour
in our memories ... ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... which are thankfully also documented in the wonderful videos and recordings that were shared all the time ...

Special thanks to you all !!! ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Cheers for the reviews folks, glad to read so much positivity 8)
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

I will have my videos up when I‘m back from vacation. Be patient :-)
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Yet more updates to the Wiki page

As well as a full video of the gig, we also have alternatives of all the individual songs as well - a very popular gig this one!!

:D
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Great stuff! Thanks for all the vids everyone, and the wiki page too.
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

We like, thank you for posting the link :D :notworthy:

Especially like that pic of Von and A.A. from her twitter thing 8)
czuczu
Overbomber

Jan, there is something very suspicious about you not ageing :lol:
DasPerltAber

Mothra wrote:
Dr Avalanche wrote:Superb show last night. I really loved it. So much better than the last time in Paradiso. Great set, great versions of the songs, great atmosphere, stunning lightshow and finally less smoke. :)
It was a great show, possibly my favourite of the dozen or so that I have seen in the last 10 years.

Dylan's height, hair and and cut off shirt look make me think Chris Holmes from W.A.S.P (I really like W.A.S.P., that was meant as a compliment). And he seemed to be understated with the backing vocals, so Andrew's voice seemed more prominent. I'm not sure I've heard a better version of Ribbons, and I loved hearing I Was Wrong played like it is on VT. I've always loved that song, but hated the live versions.

Our first trip abroad without our kids since the second one was born nearly three years ago. So a massive bonus surprise to find that we had been upgraded in our hotel from a small room to the luxury suite. The venue was spot on, great sound, good people, right size and we loved Utrecht and are already planning to come back next year with our daughters.

First of all.. I really don't think Dylan is in the 6'6'-6;8 range... And second of all..Chris is a WAY better guitarist then Dylan will ever be. Mean man forever!
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

DasPerltAber wrote:
Mothra wrote:
Dylan's height, hair and and cut off shirt look make me think Chris Holmes from W.A.S.P (I really like W.A.S.P., that was meant as a compliment).

First of all.. I really don't think Dylan is in the 6'6'-6;8 range... And second of all..Chris is a WAY better guitarist then Dylan will ever be. Mean man forever!
Mean Man Forever ... Free? :wink:
Dylan can only aspire to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTIWzgExzAA
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

czuczu wrote:Jan, there is something very suspicious about you not ageing :lol:
Oh, busted ;-)