More of the Australasian phone interviews ...

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Another interview with Ben, similar to the last one:

https://hifiway.live/2019/10/22/sisters-of-mercy/
Being645
Above the Chemist

Charlie wrote:Another interview with Ben, similar to the last one:

Nice one ... hihi, one can feel the adrenaline a bit more now that the shows are closer ahead ...
majorsixth
Road Kill

Von wrote:If I want to put three or four of us in the same room for 9 months and spend a lot of money and energy on a record, it kind of behoves me paying those people for being there, adding their talent and their skill and their nervous energy and lack of being with a girlfriend or boyfriend. I just can’t justify it. I can’t make them do that. I mean, I’d like to make them do that, but I can’t.
This is still a bit weird. By their own testimony it sounds like the band has had one musician after another dying to be allowed to do just that.
iesus
Overbomber

Q:I read that you love Japanese films in particular.

AE:I do!

Q:Any favourites?

AE:Well, if I’m not feeling fragile, then the works of Takeshi Kitano. They are bleak but they are good. I especially love the one where he doesn’t speak for the first 30 minutes of the film.

Q:Any chance you’ll try that yourself on stage?

AE:I would love to. I’ve already started. A few years back I learned American sign language so I could do one song entirely in mime.
:lol: :lol: :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Swinnow
Overbomber

majorsixth wrote: This is still a bit weird. By their own testimony it sounds like the band has had one musician after another dying to be allowed to do just that.
Chill, just remember that what comes out of Eldritch's mouth in an interview situation often bears little resemblance to the reality or truth. He amuses himself to relieve tour boredom, and this is probably a far healthier option than in the old days. The quotes are not to be treated as written on tablets of stone for the ever willing zealots.

Smoke and mirrors my dears.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
Charlie wrote:Another interview with Ben, similar to the last one:

Nice one ... hihi, one can feel the adrenaline a bit more now that the shows are closer ahead ...
The best I've read with Ben. I like how he is assuming his "new" position in the band
Andrew and I wouldn’t let anything get by that wasn’t of the highest quality.
and speaks more personal and honest how he views the Sisters and other things.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

[quote="Swinnow"

Smoke and mirrors my dears.[/quote]

Always been the case Swinnow. He likes to create confusion!! :von: :innocent:
Being645
Above the Chemist

elamanamou wrote:
Swinnow wrote:
Smoke and mirrors my dears.
Always been the case Swinnow. He likes to create confusion!! :von: :innocent:
Yeah, yeah, once bitten twice shy, but never give up hope ... and the pain is contagious.

Honestly, I wish the idot mess underneath could be disposed of once and for all.

... :( :( :( ... My very best wishes are with them, whatever.
Somekindadion
Road Kill

Lol as usual Von took his fishing rod along chucked the bait out and the grubby journalists took the bait 🤣🤣
Don’t they understand he lives under a rock in a park in Leeds 🤣🤣🤣
Pista
Cureboi

Somekindadion wrote: Don’t they understand he lives under a rock in a park in Leeds 🤣🤣🤣
He lives in Antwerp with his girlfriend
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

The rockiest park I can think of in the land of LS is Otley Chevin Forest Park. Some big ones there that you could easily inhabit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good transport links too as the airport is next door.
Somekindadion
Road Kill

Maybe he could hitch a lift home on Hussey’s Hobo tour bus ???
Somekindadion
Road Kill

While on the Hussey Hobbo tour bus , Von could either read a copy of Salad Daze or listen to Wayne singing Humpty Dumpty . Or he could listen to Wayne telling him how he recorded FLAA all on his little hobbo lonesome
Swinnow
Overbomber

We could let the Hobomobile's tyres down tomorrow night and thwart the evil doer.
Somekindadion
Road Kill

That could work 🤣.Problem is he has so many devotees to the Hobbo Cult that one of them
could give him a lift in their Chariots of bull s**t .
He could bribe them to keep stumm with the proceeds he earns during the day time busking and selling the big issue . He has a special offer at the moment 5 free copies of Salad Daze with every big issue sold . I am told a man resembling Harry Hill was seen scurrying away with a copy to wipe his back side 🤣🤣🤣🤣
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Now Von himself would find this funny? Would he? :lol: Especially wiping his backside with salad Daze, then returning to his rock in a Leeds Park? :lol: :von:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Ah, ever more mess is coming up from putrefaction ready for humification ... a good sign, basically ... :) ...

However interesting it might be, though, to see stuff fermenting ... it's not very kind of you to have that
interesting interview with Ben, not Von, from Australia at the start of this thread slide through the excrements ... :wink: ...

The thread for the salad daze is here.
Somekindadion
Road Kill

He would indeed
Having 5 copies would allow him to use a couple for bedding under the rock , and act as a sleep aid especially the first few chapters where Hussey talks about which bus he used to catch and what colour wall paper he had in his bedroom as a teenager .
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Sorry Being. Put us in the naughty corner ;D
Somekindadion
Road Kill

Seems there is another fishing rod on here hanging over the boat
Watch out there are Sharks about 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Being645
Above the Chemist

Somekindadion wrote:He would indeed
Having 5 copies would allow him to use a couple for bedding under the rock , and act as a sleep aid especially the first few chapters where Hussey talks about which bus he used to catch and what colour wall paper he had in his bedroom as a teenager .
... :lol: ... pastel green I bet, but still ... the thread for the salad daze is here.

And basically, there are even three more interesting interviews ... ...right at the start of this thread ... ;D :lol: ...

plus one, where one can actually hear Von talk on livewire here ... ;D ... :lol: ...
Somekindadion
Road Kill

Oooooooh must listen and play truth or bull 👍
Being645
Above the Chemist

Somekindadion wrote:Oooooooh must listen and play truth or bull 👍
Sorry, I didn't want to spoil the pleasure ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Play nice now children.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

I noticed the Heartland tweet about another interview, sticking it here too for those not on twitterland as i don't think it's been included yet . . .

https://www.smh.com.au/culture/music/si ... 531oi.html