Sisters crazy cross stitches!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Charlie wrote:I would love to think that Andrew has somehow seen it and approves, that would make me so happy!
Find out in March when you ask him :D :notworthy:
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:
Charlie wrote:I would love to think that Andrew has somehow seen it and approves, that would make me so happy!
Yeah, right, like that's gonna happen!

Can you imagine, i probably wouldn't even be able to speak anyway!
:oops: :lol:
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Charlie wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:
Yeah, right, like that's gonna happen!

Can you imagine, i probably wouldn't even be able to speak anyway!
:oops: :lol:
Ah you never know. After the 30th Birthday gig he came out and spoke to people. I even did the getting an autograph thing and got the postcards signed! :D :von: By the way the stitching is brilliant! :)
The Chancer Corporation
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Planet Dave wrote:
Charlie wrote:Yes, i am quite the geek! :lol:
Love my retro gaming - well i don't actually own a Commodore or Amiga anymore :cry: but one day maybe i'll get them back when i win the lottery! :lol:
(and yes, i had to get ET on there, he gets so much stick, he's so bad he needed to be on there!)
Emulators are your friend! Barely a week goes by without loading up the Commodore emulator on my lappie and blasting the f**k out of a load of weird things as a leapy Mutant Camel hellbent on revenge, or spitting at the invading Zzyaxian arachnoids as a Metagalactic Llama ;D I was a Vic-20 kid but mates had spectrums, C64s etc.

Honestly I can't recommend Polybius enough. If you have a PS4 then a) let me know, I'll send you my PSN-ID (which is the title of a Llamasoft game) but mainly b) buy Polybius, it's dirt cheap and is basically retro gaming on a modern system. If Silent Hill 2 or Shadow Of The Colossus didn't exist it'd be my favourite game ever made. If you don't own a PS4, buy it for PC, I think I'm right in saying it's been given a PC release fairly recently. It's VRable on PS4 but sticking a bucket on my head as a means of entertainment doesn't appeal, as anyone who's seen the Dredd movie would surely concur.

The Chuckie Egg dude though, ahhhh no words required 8)

Anyway yes, sorry that's meandering close to a thread derail.
Pssst ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Pssst ;)

IZ.

Yes, i've seen that!
But it only has a limited number of games, so that put me off and i've just blown all my spends on Sisters stuff recently so yeah . . :lol:
Izzy HaveMercy

Charlie wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Pssst ;)

IZ.

Yes, i've seen that!
But it only has a limited number of games, so that put me off and i've just blown all my spends on Sisters stuff recently so yeah . . :lol:
More games will be available ;D

IZ.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Pssst ;)

IZ.
'Now with working keyboard'. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence Iz! I looked into buying an old actual Vic 20 off ebay a year or so back and it wasn't expensive, dunno about C64s but who needs one if you can emulate the puppies anyway? If you want authentic you can't be loading games up off an SD, that'd be sacrilege. Tape, squeaky noises, and that long long wait. Hmm, is there a chance that Sisters fans learned their patience from waiting for their games to load in the early 80s? ;D
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:

IZ.
'Now with working keyboard'. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence Iz! I looked into buying an old actual Vic 20 off ebay a year or so back and it wasn't expensive, dunno about C64s but who needs one if you can emulate the puppies anyway? If you want authentic you can't be loading games up off an SD, that'd be sacrilege. Tape, squeaky noises, and that long long wait. Hmm, is there a chance that Sisters fans learned their patience from waiting for their games to load in the early 80s? ;D
I miss the Amiga 1200... :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
Izzy HaveMercy

abridged wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:

IZ.
Ido agree, however, a lot of the C64 are starting to fail. 35 years of abuse in various hands tend to do that to electronic parts. Emulators are even worse in my opinion, this at least does look like a breadbin :)

And there are already some geeks that are modding the feck out of their old 1541 drives to get it working on this new puppy! :notworthy:

IZ.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
abridged wrote:
Planet Dave wrote: 'Now with working keyboard'. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence Iz! I looked into buying an old actual Vic 20 off ebay a year or so back and it wasn't expensive, dunno about C64s but who needs one if you can emulate the puppies anyway? If you want authentic you can't be loading games up off an SD, that'd be sacrilege. Tape, squeaky noises, and that long long wait. Hmm, is there a chance that Sisters fans learned their patience from waiting for their games to load in the early 80s? ;D
Ido agree, however, a lot of the C64 are starting to fail. 35 years of abuse in various hands tend to do that to electronic parts. Emulators are even worse in my opinion, this at least does look like a breadbin :)

And there are already some geeks that are modding the feck out of their old 1541 drives to get it working on this new puppy! :notworthy:

IZ.
:lol: a breadbin :lol: :notworthy: which of course was far more preferable to the doorstopper zx spectrums! Fair enough regarding your opinion of emulators, I'm more than happy enough to simply be able to play Revenge Of The Mutant Camels in 2019, the aesthetics surrounding it don't bother me so much. Modders are amazing, I'm looking forward to Sony turning off the PS3 servers so I can set at that with a screwdriver and a load of software hacks. I'll have it popping out toast in no time ;D
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Those are fab Charlie. You have a real talent 🙃
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Charlie wrote: I'm really not good at selling myself - i always think i'm bothering people!
New motivation to attend the Leeds gig: give Charlie a pep talk.

(They’re unique, you show skill and creativity in producing them, and you’re talking to people who spend 35 pages and many years discussing biscuits, for God’s sake; post them anytime!)
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Thank you Robbie and Chaotician (and yes, please feel free to use me as an excuse to come to Leeds! ;D )

:D :kiss:

Glad to have brought some hype to the humble cross stitch, but i fear it has a long way to go to match the dizzy heights of biscuit worship, after all biscuits are very VERY important! :lol: :lol:
Tinker
Road Kill

Have you considered cross-stitching ginger nuts?
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Tinker wrote:Have you considered cross-stitching ginger nuts?
Somebody else has already done that! :lol: :lol:
ruffers
Overbomber

A Venn diagram with cross stitch on one side, biscuits on the other, and myheartland.com where they cross?
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I love these Charlie - they're ace :notworthy:
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

SmileySister wrote:I love these Charlie - they're ace :notworthy:
Thank you! :kiss:

I'm stitching more at the moment, i'll soon have an Eldritch army! :lol:

Never thought so many people would like them too, it's lovely to share these things with others that don't think you're utterly bonkers! :lol:
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

They are delightful, Charlie.

If only your patterns came with cat and procrastination deterrents
ruffers
Overbomber

I got Charlie to do one of the Eldritch through the ages for me and it arrived to day and I have to say it's brilliant, the detail in reality is great. Will post a pic when I get my act together!

Thanks Charlie
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

ruffers wrote:I got Charlie to do one of the Eldritch through the ages for me and it arrived to day and I have to say it's brilliant, the detail in reality is great. Will post a pic when I get my act together!

Thanks Charlie
And thank you again ruffers for the kind words! :D

Really glad you said that about the detail, it's notoriously difficult to get good photos of cross stitch, a constant frustration to me! :lol:
The colours never look right and the details get lost or the stitches look weird, so it makes me really happy that you get to see it properly!
So pleased you're happy with it! :D
An
Amphetamine Filth

Great Work! I suppose the sunglassespart makes it a bit easier for You;-)
copper
Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote:
That's when he goes,

'We'd like you to stitch us up an album cover' and poor Charlie faints.

Jokes aside, they're lovely. The Head and Star is bang-on. You omitted the Hawaiian shirt Eldritch from '98-ish, but that may be for the better.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

copper wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:
That's when he goes,

'We'd like you to stitch us up an album cover' and poor Charlie faints.
What, faint that he asks me to stitch it, or faint there's a new album! :wink: :lol:

copper wrote:Jokes aside, they're lovely. The Head and Star is bang-on. You omitted the Hawaiian shirt Eldritch from '98-ish, but that may be for the better.

Thank you. :D
Yeah, i could have done more, who knows, maybe one day i'll do the extended remix version! :lol: