goff dinner

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I shall make an appearance at The Angel for a liquid luncheon tomorrow. Unfortunately I have to return to work in the afternoon.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

Honestly. Here I am on me hollibobs & I'm not allowed to drink! In Leeds tomorrow doing scary shopping, so will quite possibly be hanging around the Angel at lunchtime, looking grumpy.
Queen of the mean!
Candover Premiere
Road Kill

Leeds is scary. I visited it once when I had the misfortune to spend a year in York. Cold, industrial, oppressive and humourless with an underlying tone of menace. I can handle that in my muzak, but not in my environment.

What is a hollibob, and why does it preclude you from drinking, Carrie Poppins?
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

A hollibob is a week of luvverly half term!

It actually takes quite a bit to stop me drinking, but being up t'duff has done the trick...I've learnt my lesson since the last Smurphs/Rhombus gig, much of which I spent in the loo talking on the Big White Telephone after 1/2 a bottle of lager...chuff knows where Junior gets his/her abstemious habits from, certainly not MY side of the family... :urff:
Queen of the mean!
Candover Premiere
Road Kill

Carrie wrote: It actually takes quite a bit to stop me drinking, but being up t'duff has done the trick...
You got pregnant to give up drinking? Crikey. Some habit.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Scene won't save you...
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

<smacks Scardy because he's closest>
Queen of the mean!
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Carrie wrote:<smacks Scardy because he's closest>
quite right too.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Candover Premiere
Road Kill

Carrie wrote:<smacks Scardy because he's closest>
Yeah, Scardwel. Don't do it again. Some people. No respect.
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

...you'll keep.

:twisted:
Queen of the mean!
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I like Leeds! :P
Candover Premiere
Road Kill

I will last for a hundred posts. And then I will be off, and all your dreams will turn to dust.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Candover Premiere wrote:I will last for a hundred posts. And then I will be off, and all your dreams will turn to dust.
:wink:

You gave yourself away when you mentioned that Clucking Belle was a dear friend of yours, not to mention....my Belgian Chocolate.....your english grammar improved dramatically in such a short time frame, as Harry so aptly noticed. :D
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

T'will be ace!! Especially since I'm working tonight and won't be going to bed tomorrow, it's going to be quite cheep to get me ratted lol
Only a paand.
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I was aiming to catch up later as I was supposed to be going for a meal first but that's been called off. Which means I guess I'll be there for the start of the drinking which is 8) but also slightly :roll:
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
Candover Premiere
Road Kill

Black Planet wrote:
Candover Premiere wrote:I will last for a hundred posts. And then I will be off, and all your dreams will turn to dust.
:wink:

You gave yourself away when you mentioned that Clucking Belle was a dear friend of yours, not to mention....my Belgian Chocolate.....your english grammar improved dramatically in such a short time frame, as Harry so aptly noticed. :D
Do you know what you are saying? Despite being bitter and having a nasty after taste, Belgian Chocolates usually leave you wanting more.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Candover Premiere wrote: Do you know what you are saying? Despite being bitter and having a nasty after taste, Belgian Chocolates usually leave you wanting more.
Then I anticipate my dreams of chocolate will turn to dust and I'll be left wanting, as Andrew so aptly put it, More.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Drinking then posting eh?
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

So what's new Ed?
Only a paand.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Micro chip technology
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It was very nice to meet everyone after spending 20 minutes wandering up and down Briggate trying to find The Angel :oops: .

I now have a headache ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:It was very nice to meet everyone after spending 20 minutes wandering up and down Briggate trying to find The Angel :oops: .

I now have a headache ;)
Don't worry about it, I've lived in Leeds since 1989 and I'd never heard of it before last April.

My attempts to make the 'dinner' myself were thwarted utterly by very sick patients. B@stards.

Dave
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dave Whelan wrote:
markfiend wrote:It was very nice to meet everyone after spending 20 minutes wandering up and down Briggate trying to find The Angel :oops: .

I now have a headache ;)
Don't worry about it, I've lived in Leeds since 1989 and I'd never heard of it before last April.

My attempts to make the 'dinner' myself were thwarted utterly by very sick patients. B@stards.

Dave
The worst of it is, I've been there before! I just couldn't remember which alley it was down :oops: :oops: :oops:
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Yeah yeah, you're just saying you were lost because you were late!! And Dave is only saying he had to work back 'cause he's a lightweight girl!! Bloody hell, even QUIFFY made it lol
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

No seriously! I even had to ask one of those fake coppers. And when I finally found it, I realised I'd walked past the end of Angel Inn Yard three times :? :lol:
—Bertrand Russell