Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Bauhaus
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #26  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

£67 they are having a laugh.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #27  Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scardwel wrote:
£67 they are having a laugh.

Maybes a good job it's in London as if it were in Leeds, I'd swallow it and go Surprised
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #28  Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Norman Hunter wrote:
Maybes a good job it's in London as if it were in Leeds, I'd swallow it and go Surprised

Be careful what you wish for! (PLYC)
po
Road Kill

PostPost #29  Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

> £67 they are having a laugh.

Well, I'm not holding out for them to play anywhere closer this time or ever, so I got tickets hoping I can make it. Not much crazier than travelling to see the girls, is it? (:
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #30  Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mexico date added

TheCureCommunity
XidiouX
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #31  Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I very much doubt there will be a tour after Peter's heart attack. He'll be taking it much more easily from now on if he knows what's good for him and I'm sure he does. A new album though, if these dates go well and the chemistry is good...who knows?

Anyone know why they split up after Go Away White?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #32  Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

XidiouX wrote:

is it because like all "we are not a rock band we are artists dearhearts! ARTISTS! we simply choose to use the medium of music to express our art ..indeed we are not any sort of musical combo in the limited way your minds understand i we are ART!" outfits* they were basically just a bunch of pretentious twats? dunning-krueger art-school lovies who tried to disown their mediocre dirges** like a dog trying to run away from its own farts?
It wasn't me...

* think the KLF without the groundbreaking techno sensibilities and no ice cream costumes or throbbing gristle with cheekbones instead of broken washing machines.

**exceptions being 'in the flat field'; 'dark entries'; 'passion of lovers'; shes in parties'; (in fact all of the 81-83 12" though i prefer the album version of 'spirit') and 'king volcano' IMHO

Twisted Evil Mr. Green
XidiouX
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #33  Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #34  Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mexico tickets on sale this Saturday
TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #35  Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
Mexico tickets on sale this Saturday

Terror Couple Tequila Colonel?
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #36  Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing
TheCureCommunity
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #37  Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spain

https://www.post-punk.com/primavera-sound-announce-2020-lineup-with-bauhaus-einsturzende-neubauten-jesus-and-mary-chain-and-more/
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #38  Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What an inpressive line-up, I wish I could go there.
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #39  Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

XidiouX wrote:
I very much doubt there will be a tour after Peter's heart attack. He'll be taking it much more easily from now on if he knows what's good for him and I'm sure he does. A new album though, if these dates go well and the chemistry is good...who knows?

It's in David J's book. Which I don't have to hand at the moment, but from what I recall, there were bitter arguments in the studio, culminating in Peter threatening Daniel(?) with extreme violence. After that there was no going back, and (again allowing for my memory), as a result the released version was not the finished album, just what they had at the point that it all fell apart.

This is alluded to on the Wikipedia page: Kevin Haskins said in an interview that they "were getting along really well, but there was an incident that occurred". As a result, "some of us just felt that we didn't want to carry on as a working unit". No details on the incident were given.

Bassist David J later described the incident as "a big fight in the studio. We weren't going to carry on, and we were just going to dump the album. We were waiting for Peter [Murphy] to turn up. Our beef was with him. So he comes in, and he does this shocking and brilliant thing. Pure zen. He comes in, and he just spits rose petals in our faces. It just cut through everything. We couldn't argue with that. So we just went in and continued recording."

In his book David is a lot more explicit about what put an end to it.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #40  Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:
What an inpressive line-up, I wish I could go there.

Indeed. I'm sorely tempted, and this is much more appealing than a wet Wednesday evening at the Ally Crappy Pally.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #41  Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2nd night in Mexico added

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #42  Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Athens, Paris, Dallas, & Chicago added

https://www.bauhausmusik.net/tour/
TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #43  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Denver added
TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #44  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
Athens, Paris, Dallas, & Chicago added

https://www.bauhausmusik.net/tour/

The Bomb Factory in Dallas was a great venue. I didn't know they'd reopened.
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth

Location: At the place where the bars never close (not that soon, at least)

PostPost #45  Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mothra wrote:
It's in David J's book. Which I don't have to hand at the moment, but from what I recall, there were bitter arguments in the studio, culminating in Peter threatening Daniel(?) with extreme violence.

I think the extreme violence was on another occasion, earlier on.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #46  Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bauhaus in Poland, Warsaw, Jun. 30. Progresja, tickets from 179 PLN
po
Road Kill

PostPost #47  Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So, the Alexandra Palace gig will most likely be postponed or cancelled? I can't find any info on this yet. Is it likely to be scheduled for a later date?
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #48  Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Ally Pally show has been moved to August 8th.
po
Road Kill

PostPost #49  Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, got the update from the ticket service also. Not sure if I can make it, even if the world should be back to normal by then. But maybe there is hope for one of the rescheduled Sisters gigs...

Not that it matters much now, hope you're OK over there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: