(Yet Another) Currently Being Pissed Off By...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

So - i just kickstarted a long overdue discussion with my bandmates which has lead to The Glad Peas splitting up....

However theres no fucking way i am going back to being an ex-drummer. so : on to the next one....on the plus side me and Nogz (little sis, muse and bestie) are on the same side. and she's the real talent so fuck it.. 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm pıssed off that being on strike means I didn't get paid as much. I mean I do understand that I wasn't working, but the cnuts should just pay me anyway. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Tinker
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:I'm pıssed off that being on strike means I didn't get paid as much. I mean I do understand that I wasn't working, but the cnuts should just pay me anyway. :lol:
Yeah, I always think it's a bit weird that my employers insist on my turning up, it's not like I actually do anything useful when I'm there. It would probably work out cheaper for them to pay me to stay away.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

One of my cats has eaten my headphone cable
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

Pista wrote:One of my cats has eaten my headphone cable
time to go wireless Steve?
quality headphones are cheap as chips in the UK atm. B & M have Skull Candy wired for £15 and Goodmans wireless for £20! :notworthy: 8)

Pista
Cureboi

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: time to go wireless Steve?
quality headphones are cheap as chips in the UK atm. B & M have Skull Candy wired for £15 and Goodmans wireless for £20! :notworthy: 8)
Yep. Might have to go wireless finally.
Time to get browsing methinks.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I got a cracking set of bluetooth headphones from Richer Sounds a couple of weeks ago. AKG ones for £65 (currently £80 on their website)
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

The thing that deters me from bluetooth/ wireless is that the cats will prolly lose an earphone behind a book case or, worse, eat the darn thing.
At least, with wires, I know the headphones are on the end.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ah mine are big chunky over-the-ears cans; I can't stand in-ear things, they hurt.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

Agree totally with Fiendy. I recently picked up a boss pair of Sennheiser wireless cans, for a very nice price, at the Argos in the city centre of darkest Leeds.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Tinker
Road Kill

Two old biddies in our customer care department are trying to set me up with a human Peter Griffin and I really don't know what I've done to deserve it.
Monstrous hell bride.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

"human Peter Griffin" :lol:

Charles Campion?
—Bertrand Russell
Tinker
Road Kill

Very similar, but this one is even more Griffiny.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

markfiend wrote:I'm pıssed off that being on strike means I didn't get paid as much. I mean I do understand that I wasn't working, but the cnuts should just pay me anyway. :lol:
Yay for trades unions. The fighting fund has paid me nearly two thirds of what I was cut. Phew, I can afford to eat this month!
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote:
Yay for trades unions. The fighting fund has paid me nearly two thirds of what I was cut. Phew, I can afford to eat this month!
"Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer,
We'll keep the red flag flying here!"
:von:

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Indeed :notworthy:

Back in pissed-off-land: turns out our house isn't quite as stormproof as one might like.

Drip, meet bucket. Bucket: drip.
—Bertrand Russell
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Indeed :notworthy:

Back in pissed-off-land: turns out our house isn't quite as stormproof as one might like.

Oh no, hope it's not too bad?!

Saw clips of the flood warning WW2 air raid sirens going off in Hebden Bridge and Todmorden, so creepy. :(

Absolute nightmare everywhere - look at this:

https://www.facebook.com/BBCYorkshire/v ... 546919206/

:eek: :eek:
eastmidswhizzkid

loose slates; missing slates; roof tarps. pay for a good builder -no cowboys or ummers and ahhers- & get it fixed. probably can claim on buildings insurance for anything to do with roof. pay now save for years.
:von:

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

The Aire redirecting itself through your front door yet Mark? I could see the cinema complex being cleared of humans yesterday and thought 'oops Fiendy's next'. Fair play to it it's a pretty impressive burst of weather, so long as you don't live in a valley (so that's most of West Yorkshire f**ked then).

@ Lee - 'ummers and ahhers' - term of the week Sir! :lol: :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Swinnow
Overbomber

More importantly is the Sheesh Mahal still ok?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The beer garden at Kirkstall Bridge was underwater by lunchtime yesterday, and apparently the railway line into Leeds from Skipton etc. along the river has been "damaged" by flood water.

As Dave says, Cardigan Fields was evacuated yesterday - as was the Kirkstall Bridge shopping park - and the whole stretch of the Aire along Kirkstall Road was under high alert.

At least the Woodsides are steep enough that the flooding is unlikely to get much higher than the ground floor of buildings actually on the main road (Sheesh Mahal included - I've not been there for quite some time; not since a frank exchange of views with Azram the proprietor :innocent:)

It all felt a bit apocalyptic, but leaky roof aside, we'll survive.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

We may be less than 100 metres (or yards if you prefer) from the river horizontally but the street is steep enough that we're about 4 or 5 metres higher than the water level.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

i thought you were all James Herriot atop a bloody gurt 'ill oop north...seems boastful to report no flooding down here in our lil valley...
:|

Swinnow
Overbomber

Ta Mr Fiend, glad to hear all ok at chez nous. Though how anyone can have a fall out with Azram is hard to believe. We frequently make the crusade down the hill from Pudsey and across the valley to the Sheesh (and Cardigan), often slightly off balance too, and we're assured of a warm welcome, except on the night of the phonebook ripping back in them 90s, oooo'errrr the shame!

Younger readers should ask their parents, or grauniads, what a phonebook was :lol: