2020-03-07. Albert Hall, Manchester UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
abridged
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:
Pista wrote:
mh wrote:The other thing is that it's a match evening, so we might want to avoid places that'll be rammed with footie fans.
The Manc derby is the following evening, so you might be okay in that respect
Ah, my mixup. :notworthy:
I didn't know any football fans lived in Manchester! :wink: Gets his coat and runs! The Peterloo pub sounds interesting!
The Chancer Corporation
Swinnow
Overbomber

This season it's probably wise to avoid the topic of football entirely in Manca :lol:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Pista
Cureboi

Swinnow wrote:This season it's probably wise to avoid the topic of football entirely in Manca :lol:
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

:lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
exxile
Road Kill

I have a spare ticket for sale. Please contact me via PM if you are interested.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Some friends who run an alternative club night in Manchester are hoping to move their regular monthly date a forward so they can be the same night as the Sisters gig.

This means there could well be an afterparty :)

It's Sin City (regular viewers will know I used to be a resident DJ there many moons ago), and is at Zombie shack, which is the nightclub, above the Thirsty Scholar, at the top of a crazy big fire escape just next to Oxford Rd train station.

It's not 100% confirmed they will be able to more their date to coincide with the gig yet, but as soon as I know I'll post it here.

And if they do manage to sort the date out, I'll probably be doing a guest slot ;)

But that don't let that put you off. :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

for those of you on Facearse, this is their page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sincitymanc/

Pretty sure they'll confirm either way on there too.

Also, if you're umming and ahhing, they have previous nights' setlists on there. Have a nosey and see if that takes your fancy.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Anybody still waiting for their ticket to arrive? Got the Bristol one some time ago so hoping they just haven't sent them out just yet...
The Chancer Corporation
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

abridged wrote:Anybody still waiting for their ticket to arrive? Got the Bristol one some time ago so hoping they just haven't sent them out just yet...
Mine is still to arrive. I ordered it from Seetickets so that's maybe why. Non printed tickets for other dates (bought elsewhere) arrived ages ago.
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
mh
Above the Chemist

Mine arrived ages ago but I bought from TicketWeb.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I booked with Ticketmaster the day they were released and got them a few days later.
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

See Tickets have emailed me to let me know my ticket has finally been despatched.
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

My tickets arrived this morning....was getting slightly worried.....now just excited...!! :D
trying to be the person my dog already thinks i am......
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Anyone got a spare for manchester? Some friends have a couple but need one more.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Quiff Boy wrote:Some friends who run an alternative club night in Manchester are hoping to move their regular monthly date a forward so they can be the same night as the Sisters gig.

This means there could well be an afterparty :)

It's Sin City (regular viewers will know I used to be a resident DJ there many moons ago), and is at Zombie shack, which is the nightclub, above the Thirsty Scholar, at the top of a crazy big fire escape just next to Oxford Rd train station.

It's not 100% confirmed they will be able to more their date to coincide with the gig yet, but as soon as I know I'll post it here.

And if they do manage to sort the date out, I'll probably be doing a guest slot ;)

But that don't let that put you off. :lol:
Just been told by the folks running this club night that unfortunately there won’t be an after party at sin city.

Their venue wasn’t able to switch nights for them, so they’re having their usual club night the following weekend.

If I hear about anything else going on in manchester afterwards I’ll post here.
mh
Above the Chemist

Quiff Boy wrote:Anyone got a spare for manchester? Some friends have a couple but need one more.
I think Matt Drenchrom might have one, check with him.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Not long now :D any concrete plans for before and after will be welcomed, and cheers to Fiendy for the exceptional project management, nice one Sir <insert saluting emoji> I'm proper looking forward to a night out in my hometown, been too long.

Is The Salisbury too far from the venue to be a sensible idea for pre-gig? I've a feeling yes but as I can't pinpoint exactly where The Albert Hall is, well who knows?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The Salisbury is half a mile from the Albert Hall, and en route from the Ibis...

Edit to add: The Peveril of the Peak is also close to the Albert Hall.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:The Salisbury is half a mile from the Albert Hall, and en route from the Ibis...

You're on it bro, I'll follow you. Assuming this latest biohazard hasn't shut down the entire planet by then, of course.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Planet Dave wrote:
markfiend wrote:The Salisbury is half a mile from the Albert Hall, and en route from the Ibis...

You're on it bro, I'll follow you. Assuming this latest biohazard hasn't shut down the entire planet by then, of course.
The pervert on the pull is always a favourite post gig. Beforehand there is a huge Wetherspoons on the way which has always been popular pre pre gig
Goths have feelings too
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:

The pervert on the pull is always a favourite post gig. Beforehand there is a huge Wetherspoons on the way which has always been popular pre pre gig
Pre pre gig? Early start means early end these days, shame though that the derby is the day after, that would've justified being in the pub too soon.
Pista
Cureboi

paint it black wrote: Beforehand there is a huge Wetherspoons on the way which has always been popular pre pre gig
Not going myself, but would never set foot in a whetherspoons
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

mh wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:Anyone got a spare for manchester? Some friends have a couple but need one more.
anyone know how an IRL way to get in touch with him? he's not picking up his heartland DMs.

still looking for 1 more Manc ticket.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Quiff Boy wrote:
mh wrote:
anyone know how an IRL way to get in touch with him? he's not picking up his heartland DMs.

still looking for 1 more Manc ticket.
It's gone he says
Goths have feelings too
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Yeah I'm looking for one now as well :?

Keep me in your thoughts friends