Cock ups (lack of)

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
ruffers
Overbomber

A thing just aooured to me; having been at 75% of the tour dates :? and listened to Bristol a couple of times, I can’t seem to find any cock ups, forgotten lyrics, or songs starting wrong.

Have I missed something?

Sure the voice was low in the mix sometimes but as far as basic togetherness goes this appeared spot on. Has Dylan made that much difference?
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
majorsixth
Road Kill

to be honest I think most of the mistakes were due to Von, who seems as rehearsed and fired up as the rest of the band this time around. Maybe the new songs sparked a renewed enthusiasm in him for the band, or Sisters Creative Time doubled as rehearsals. He did bungle the words a bit on the 2019 tour.

The quibble aside that the words to But Genevieve either seem to slip Von's mind or not exist, they really are playing together great. Maybe the music's been polished as well, with a touch more quiet-loud dynamics and the live keyboards.
Last edited by majorsixth on 13 Mar 2020, 11:12, edited 2 times in total.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Just don't tempt fate, best to ignore it and let the happy times continue.to wind their way down life's road.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

I seem to remember there being a couple of instances in Manchester where Von missed his queues (Marian and Dr Jeep iirc?), but that's been a thing for a couple of years.

Some of the newer ones seemed to have less stable lyrics, but musically they've always felt pretty tight, with Chris or post-Chris.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

But yeah, as Swinnow says, let's not tempt fate :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
DomConway
Filth

Definitely a few cases of forgotten / missed lyrics by Von in Bristol, not that I’m complaining
the only thing to fear is fear itself
mh
Above the Chemist

I do remember Von slightly messing up the second verse of NTTC at one of the shows, but don't remember which. Otherwise you're right, this was a bunch of tight, clean performances!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
DomConway
Filth

mh wrote:I do remember Von slightly messing up the second verse of NTTC at one of the shows, but don't remember which. Otherwise you're right, this was a bunch of tight, clean performances!
Yes... Reminded me of a radio season I heard somewhere from before the lyrics to NTTC were fully formed... but yeah, all good in my book. Still buzzing from Bristol.
the only thing to fear is fear itself
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

That's a shame - there's not much to complain about. :lol: