NEW SONGS!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

Hopefully they're posting these lyric as they're finalising the recordings! :innocent:
doctor_jeep
Amphetamine Filth

Someome recently pointed out to me that "Barbie" is Australian for barbecue. Do we know any Australian? I love this ambiguity in his lyrics.
Clearly now the past mistakes
The giant steps we had to take
The path that ever promise made to
Die in dream dissolve and fade
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

mh wrote:
TheGoodSon wrote:Do you think that the cancelled tour and the corona pandemic makes the possibility of future recordings/releases seem more likely or less likely?
I'd say about equally as likely.
Few artists from here and there have stated that this is good time to go back to drawning board, finish unfinished, the same might happen to TSOM, as they got now free time.

But, it gives chance to polish these in the pipline.

New recording? Record itself is number of new songs. :wink:
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Well, I now have a clearer idea of what the doll in 'show me on the doll' refers to! Not the type you can buy in Tescos...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
doctor_jeep
Amphetamine Filth

Now for those I didn't catch more than a few words from, I hope. Yes, I mean you, Better Reptile and I Will Call You!
Being645
Above the Chemist

MrChris wrote:Well, I now have a clearer idea of what the doll in 'show me on the doll' refers to! Not the type you can buy in Tescos...
Yes, it's a bit more like Comfortably Numb now ... :) ...
doctor_jeep
Amphetamine Filth

Damn right it is. Good point!
doctor_jeep
Amphetamine Filth

Ok, I said Genevieve sounds short, but there's not very much more in the performances. It's , yeah, well... lovely as it is. Although I would have loved an "I think you love me" because I love the small alterations in the lyrics, and I fell in love with that in the "can't really make it out" phase. Oh well.

Lots of "love" in there, huh.
doctor_jeep
Amphetamine Filth

Don't get me wrong here; I absolutely, yeah, love this song!
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Am excited to read I Will Call You & Better Reptile* too!

*or is that now (Better) Better Reptile? after what Ben posted about improvements... ;D
doctor_jeep
Amphetamine Filth

All new and improved Reptile ;-P. Seriously, right now, everything is so so possible.
Swinnow
Overbomber

I think the current Covid situation has closed off his remaining income stream and so some form of e-release is probably at it's most likely since Under The Gun. I have to say the revised autumn dates are probably unlikely and The Mish's suggestion of Spring 2021 looks more like a goer. Could the "Peel" session releases be a toe-dipping exercise to test a market? What were the sales figures like, does anyone have a clue? There is no need nowadays to produce a physical disc but I do admit to preferring one, I'm a boy and we collect cr@p like that to line our caves. Like I have suggested before I am sure his local contacts like Messrs Catalyst and Sullivan can suggest economic studio options close to the Heartland to minimise the upfront. Just be confident.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:I think the current Covid situation has closed off his remaining income stream and so some form of e-release is probably at it's most likely since Under The Gun. I have to say the revised autumn dates are probably unlikely and The Mish's suggestion of Spring 2021 looks more like a goer. Could the "Peel" session releases be a toe-dipping exercise to test a market? What were the sales figures like, does anyone have a clue? There is no need nowadays to produce a physical disc but I do admit to preferring one, I'm a boy and we collect cr@p like that to line our caves. Like I have suggested before I am sure his local contacts like Messrs Catalyst and Sullivan can suggest economic studio options close to the Heartland to minimise the upfront. Just be confident.
I'm happy either way, just having new songs at all and getting to experience that is awesome! :notworthy:

But of course if there was a new release, i'd buy every format, every bit of merch they could throw at me cos i can't help myself! :innocent: :lol: :lol:
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

"Black sail" and "But Genevieve" are Excellent and I love them! Not so keen on "I will call you" and "Show me" Sometime back there were a discussion on the lyrics of this song and if correct I find uncomfortable! Hoping this is not true and the lyrics meaning something entirely different? "Better Reptile" Not finished?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Black Sail, Show Me and But Genevieve are absolute classics to my ears, and hit just as hard as the classics. In different ways they sound exactly how Ben described Von describing the new songs - sensibilities, soundscape and energy of vintage Sisters whilst sounding like a new band.

If they release anything we'd best keep an eye out on Charlie disappearing under a vast range of t-shirts and dog tags etc. Those merchandise lists in 1991 were formidable Charlie, be warned! ;D
Swinnow
Overbomber

Can Ruffers consult on future merch range expansions?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Swinnow wrote:Can Ruffers consult on future merch range expansions?
:lol: gets my vote!
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:Black Sail, Show Me and But Genevieve are absolute classics to my ears, and hit just as hard as the classics. In different ways they sound exactly how Ben described Von describing the new songs - sensibilities, soundscape and energy of vintage Sisters whilst sounding like a new band.

If they release anything we'd best keep an eye out on Charlie disappearing under a vast range of t-shirts and dog tags etc. Those merchandise lists in 1991 were formidable Charlie, be warned! ;D
I am happy to be smothered in merch ;D

Would just need to find a way to pay for it, if there happens to be an increase in bank robbery round Yorkshire, nowt to do with me! :innocent: :lol:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Oh for the days of the Yellow tee shirts or even the tie dye Mish shirts. Looked far better beneath a paisley shirt :lol:
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

TheGoodSon wrote:Do you think that the cancelled tour and the corona pandemic makes the possibility of future recordings/releases seem more likely or less likely?
I can't see how it could be less likely, unless :von: himself catches Corona and it turns bad..

Otherwise it should be far easier to get the boys into a studio these times, or at least work on a product from home. Because the main advantage now must be that the other guys simply have much less to do than otherwise.
Income, now that tours are not possible, could be another reason, but I think the time and unique availability of band members are more important advantages speaking for a product release of some kind.
ruffers
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:
Swinnow wrote:Can Ruffers consult on future merch range expansions?
:lol: gets my vote!
On it.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Opinions differ, but I like the current line up. The best I have seen the Sisters for a number of year's. Say what you mean! lol They all seem to work well together as a group. Even Dylan's fan for his hair!! :D Just one more thing. :von: Trim your claws, but hey you can't have everything?! :lol:
Swinnow
Overbomber

"But I want more..."

:lol:
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Show Me lyrics now on the official site:

SHOW ME (2020)

Show me isolation
Show me disintegration
Show me reality
Show me stupid on tv
Show me pop music
Barbie rock and roll
Show me in translation
Show me on the doll

We have love
Like love
We have love like love
We have it simulated

Show me isolation
Show me disintegration
Show me your reality
Show me stupid on tv
Show me your pop music
Barbie rock and roll
Show me in translation
Show me on the doll
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just dawned on me that this was the first year in ages that I didn't do a new Sissies album April Fools prank. Maybe i'm feeling quietly, even secretly, hopeful.....?