Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
NEW SONGS!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth

Location: stuck inside of holmfirth with the memphis blues again.

PostPost #126  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully they're posting these lyric as they're finalising the recordings! It wasn't me...
doctor_jeep
Road Kill

PostPost #127  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Someome recently pointed out to me that "Barbie" is Australian for barbecue. Do we know any Australian? I love this ambiguity in his lyrics.
Die in dream dissolve and fade
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #128  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
TheGoodSon wrote:
Do you think that the cancelled tour and the corona pandemic makes the possibility of future recordings/releases seem more likely or less likely?

I'd say about equally as likely.

Few artists from here and there have stated that this is good time to go back to drawning board, finish unfinished, the same might happen to TSOM, as they got now free time.

But, it gives chance to polish these in the pipline.

New recording? Record itself is number of new songs. Wink
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #129  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I now have a clearer idea of what the doll in 'show me on the doll' refers to! Not the type you can buy in Tescos...

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
doctor_jeep
Road Kill

PostPost #130  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now for those I didn't catch more than a few words from, I hope. Yes, I mean you, Better Reptile and I Will Call You!
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #131  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MrChris wrote:
Well, I now have a clearer idea of what the doll in 'show me on the doll' refers to! Not the type you can buy in Tescos...

Yes, it's a bit more like Comfortably Numb now ... Smile ...
doctor_jeep
Road Kill

PostPost #132  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn right it is. Good point!
doctor_jeep
Road Kill

PostPost #133  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I said Genevieve sounds short, but there's not very much more in the performances. It's , yeah, well... lovely as it is. Although I would have loved an "I think you love me" because I love the small alterations in the lyrics, and I fell in love with that in the "can't really make it out" phase. Oh well.

Lots of "love" in there, huh.
doctor_jeep
Road Kill

PostPost #134  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't get me wrong here; I absolutely, yeah, love this song!
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #135  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Am excited to read I Will Call You & Better Reptile* too!

*or is that now (Better) Better Reptile? after what Ben posted about improvements... Mr. Green
doctor_jeep
Road Kill

PostPost #136  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All new and improved Reptile ;-P. Seriously, right now, everything is so so possible.
Swinnow
Overbomber

PostPost #137  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the current Covid situation has closed off his remaining income stream and so some form of e-release is probably at it's most likely since Under The Gun. I have to say the revised autumn dates are probably unlikely and The Mish's suggestion of Spring 2021 looks more like a goer. Could the "Peel" session releases be a toe-dipping exercise to test a market? What were the sales figures like, does anyone have a clue? There is no need nowadays to produce a physical disc but I do admit to preferring one, I'm a boy and we collect cr@p like that to line our caves. Like I have suggested before I am sure his local contacts like Messrs Catalyst and Sullivan can suggest economic studio options close to the Heartland to minimise the upfront. Just be confident.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #138  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Swinnow wrote:
I think the current Covid situation has closed off his remaining income stream and so some form of e-release is probably at it's most likely since Under The Gun. I have to say the revised autumn dates are probably unlikely and The Mish's suggestion of Spring 2021 looks more like a goer. Could the "Peel" session releases be a toe-dipping exercise to test a market? What were the sales figures like, does anyone have a clue? There is no need nowadays to produce a physical disc but I do admit to preferring one, I'm a boy and we collect cr@p like that to line our caves. Like I have suggested before I am sure his local contacts like Messrs Catalyst and Sullivan can suggest economic studio options close to the Heartland to minimise the upfront. Just be confident.

I'm happy either way, just having new songs at all and getting to experience that is awesome! We are not worthy!

But of course if there was a new release, i'd buy every format, every bit of merch they could throw at me cos i can't help myself! It wasn't me... Laughing Laughing
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #139  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Black sail" and "But Genevieve" are Excellent and I love them! Not so keen on "I will call you" and "Show me" Sometime back there were a discussion on the lyrics of this song and if correct I find uncomfortable! Hoping this is not true and the lyrics meaning something entirely different? "Better Reptile" Not finished?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #140  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Black Sail, Show Me and But Genevieve are absolute classics to my ears, and hit just as hard as the classics. In different ways they sound exactly how Ben described Von describing the new songs - sensibilities, soundscape and energy of vintage Sisters whilst sounding like a new band.

If they release anything we'd best keep an eye out on Charlie disappearing under a vast range of t-shirts and dog tags etc. Those merchandise lists in 1991 were formidable Charlie, be warned! Mr. Green
Swinnow
Overbomber

PostPost #141  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can Ruffers consult on future merch range expansions?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #142  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Swinnow wrote:

Laughing gets my vote!
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #143  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Planet Dave wrote:
Black Sail, Show Me and But Genevieve are absolute classics to my ears, and hit just as hard as the classics. In different ways they sound exactly how Ben described Von describing the new songs - sensibilities, soundscape and energy of vintage Sisters whilst sounding like a new band.

If they release anything we'd best keep an eye out on Charlie disappearing under a vast range of t-shirts and dog tags etc. Those merchandise lists in 1991 were formidable Charlie, be warned! Mr. Green

I am happy to be smothered in merch Mr. Green

Would just need to find a way to pay for it, if there happens to be an increase in bank robbery round Yorkshire, nowt to do with me! It wasn't me... Laughing
Swinnow
Overbomber

PostPost #144  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh for the days of the Yellow tee shirts or even the tie dye Mish shirts. Looked far better beneath a paisley shirt Laughing
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #145  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TheGoodSon wrote:
Do you think that the cancelled tour and the corona pandemic makes the possibility of future recordings/releases seem more likely or less likely?

I can't see how it could be less likely, unless Our fearless leader! himself catches Corona and it turns bad..

Otherwise it should be far easier to get the boys into a studio these times, or at least work on a product from home. Because the main advantage now must be that the other guys simply have much less to do than otherwise.
Income, now that tours are not possible, could be another reason, but I think the time and unique availability of band members are more important advantages speaking for a product release of some kind.
ruffers
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #146  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Planet Dave wrote:
Swinnow wrote:

Laughing gets my vote!

On it.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #147  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Opinions differ, but I like the current line up. The best I have seen the Sisters for a number of year's. Say what you mean! lol They all seem to work well together as a group. Even Dylan's fan for his hair!! Very Happy Just one more thing. Our fearless leader! Trim your claws, but hey you can't have everything?! Laughing
Swinnow
Overbomber

PostPost #148  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"But I want more..."

Laughing
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #149  Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Show Me lyrics now on the official site:

SHOW ME (2020)

Show me isolation
Show me disintegration
Show me reality
Show me stupid on tv
Show me pop music
Barbie rock and roll
Show me in translation
Show me on the doll

We have love
Like love
We have love like love
We have it simulated

Show me isolation
Show me disintegration
Show me your reality
Show me stupid on tv
Show me your pop music
Barbie rock and roll
Show me in translation
Show me on the doll
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: