(Yet Another) Currently Being Pissed Off By...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
sultan2075
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Indeed :notworthy:

Back in pissed-off-land: turns out our house isn't quite as stormproof as one might like.

Drip, meet bucket. Bucket: drip.
I feel for you. It turns out our place was supposed to be repointed about a decade back, and the condo association just didn't bother with it. So our roof is waterproof, but one of our exterior walls is not. We've been fighting with them for close to two years (we've only been in this place for two-and-a-half). We're told the work will be started in April. :roll:
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

sultan2075 wrote:

Back in pissed-off-land: turns out our house isn't quite as stormproof as one might like.

I feel for you. It turns out our place was supposed to be repointed about a decade back, and the condo association just didn't bother with it. So our roof is waterproof, but one of our exterior walls is not. We've been fighting with them for close to two years (we've only been in this place for two-and-a-half). We're told the work will be started in April. :roll:
Well the lazy-arsed building owners that have been slack with the maintenance of our house are... me and mrs fiend :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Swinnow wrote:... Though how anyone can have a fall out with Azram is hard to believe...
We had a difference of opinion as to whether it was acceptable to leave regular customers (as we were then) waiting for over an hour between starter and main course. Not been back since.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Swinnow wrote:More importantly is the Sheesh Mahal still ok?
Priorities! Is it good in there then, for reasons unknown I've never been? Used to go to the Corner Cafe on Burley Rd when the pub next door to it was a pub and not a tesco, but The Sheesh was always 'on the radar' but never visited. Academic these days as I never go anywhere but it's always good to know your local curry house :)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Swinnow
Overbomber

We used to frequent the Corner Cafe (and Queens pub) when we lived on Kelsall Rd in our student and immediate post student days. That arrangement between the licence-free Corner Cafe and the pub over the road was a wondrous thing.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Swinnow
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:We had a difference of opinion as to whether it was acceptable to leave regular customers (as we were then) waiting for over an hour between starter and main course. Not been back since.
Got ya, we've been going there for yonks and yonks and would have been similarly hacked off too.

@Dave, certainly worth popping in, that period of months when it was shut after the last mega floodage on Kirkstall Rd was a right bummer.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Swinnow wrote:We used to frequent the Corner Cafe (and Queens pub) when we lived on Kelsall Rd in our student and immediate post student days. That arrangement between the licence-free Corner Cafe and the pub over the road was a wondrous thing.
Indeed it was :notworthy: not to mention the bleeper system they introduced so they could buzz you from over the road when the curry was ready. I hope whoever had that idea is the President of somewhere now :notworthy:

Must visit the Sheesh then. Ha I've been saying that for around 30 years now.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
sultan2075
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:

Well the lazy-arsed building owners that have been slack with the maintenance of our house are... me and mrs fiend :lol:
I’ll hope that spares you the inarticulate rage that I feel toward these swine :innocent:

The worst thing (for them) is that their slowness to act will make the interior repairs much more costly than they’d have otherwise been.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It actually looks like it's just some of the flashing on the side of a dormer window has come loose. Not a big job (he hopes).
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:It actually looks like it's just some of the flashing on the side of a dormer window has come loose. Not a big job (he hopes).
Oh, good - glad to hear it. When they finally do our repointing, they've also agreed that they'll repair the ceiling inside, which will involve removing/replacing a giant 10 foot by 15 foot chunk that's been damaged by the leaks. Suffice it to say, rain - which we get a lot of in DC - is really stressful for us.
--
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pissed off that my principles are costing me money. Turns out I can't cross a picket line even if I want to.

Is this a bit of a humblebrag? :lol: But genuinely I rocked up fully intending to go to work, saw people picketing, and just couldn't do it. I ain't no scab.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Is this a bit of a humblebrag? :lol: But genuinely I rocked up fully intending to go to work, saw people picketing, and just couldn't do it. I ain't no scab.
Top man! Someone once told me that if you don't stand for something then you'll fall for anything - principles are worth having. True, they won't fill your belly, but they will keep you warm. Principles cost money - you pay a bit more because you refuse to shop at Amazon, or you opt for the eco-friendly products in the biodegradable packaging - or you get a kicking because you stood up for someone getting harassed on the bus, but they're worth having.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Being645
Above the Chemist

Well done, Markfiend ... :notworthy: :lol: ...

and Amazon ... is not as favourable as it wants to suggest. Many prices are up to 10% higher than elsewhere ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Thanks for the support ;D
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

You are not alone in this Markfiend :notworthy: :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Tinker
Road Kill

Ah, well. That's me redundant then. Always suspected I was!
Monstrous hell bride.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Tinker wrote:Ah, well. That's me redundant then. Always suspected I was!
Oh hell. Best of luck to you to find something better soon ... :wink: ....
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Pissed off doesn't quite do it justice, but my dad died last week.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote:Pissed off doesn't quite do it justice, but my dad died last week.
:(

*hugs*
Lots of them
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

fanks. coping ok. i think. you're never too sure, are you?
Pista
Cureboi

Coping's better than not coping though.
I know that.
You want to borrow my cats for a bit? They'll snuggle you good. They may fcuk up your furniture, but it's worth it.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

er... i'm good thanks :D got two furballs on standby. whether they like it or not.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

More {{{hugs}}} from me x
—Bertrand Russell
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

So very sorry to hear this :(

Sending love and hugs your way xx
Swinnow
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:Pissed off doesn't quite do it justice, but my dad died last week.
We're saddened by your awful news. All best hugs and condolences from the grim north x