A summer tour / festivals.... anyone???

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Live, isn't that all they do these days?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Ed Rhombus wrote:If you're local, you call it Pilton.
My mate Pilton comes from Pilton. You'd think they'd let him in for free. Not a chance. That said, he does wear Southampton shirts and swipe Sisters setlists half way through the gig, so it's a wonder he gets anywhere at all.

I love the festival, and it would be corking to see The Cure AND The Pixies, given that the line-up is usually pants and of secondary importance to getting off your tits, but I can't face the thought of that drive back up the M1 on Monday. Call me lazy but the Leeds fest is a mere twenty minute drive away.

Last time I went (2002 I think), Ian Brown, Garbage and The White Stripes were the musical stars. It was either then or maybe 99 when I was woken from a deep slumber by loads of goths marching past on their way to see The Creatures. Cool.
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
James Blast
Banned

White Stripes :eek:
yer losin' it Dave Man :roll:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Red Sunsets wrote:White Stripes :eek:
yer losin' it Dave Man :roll:
Do one. Hippy. :lol:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

s**t, the Cure have been confirmed??

Oh no.........Do I see the Cure (who I've wanted to see for 15 bloody years and never managed it) Missing my ikkle brother's 18th birthday party in the process? Or Do I go to my ikkle brother's 18th birthday party, Missing The cure (who I've wanted to see for 15 bloody years and never managed it) In the process?

My head hurts.........I'm not used to thinking!
Only a paand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Sexygoth wrote:

My head hurts.........I'm not used to thinking!
Go to Glastonbury and you can kiss your thinking worries goodbye for three and a half days.

Never seen 'em? Blimey. I had a birds' eye view at St Georges Hall in Bradford on the Wish tour (literally looking down at Bob's bald spot!), but later that tour at GMex was better, they played for hours and hours, including a fair few belters from Disintegration. Seems so long ago.
James Blast
Banned

I saw them once, Faith tour, Tiffany's Ballroom, Glasgow. Carnage Visors film as the support. It was a grim night, a lot of skinheads (believe it or not) hanging about looking like they wanted some action. What would that have been, 79, 80?
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Red Sunsets wrote:I saw them once, Faith tour, Tiffany's Ballroom, Glasgow. Carnage Visors film as the support. It was a grim night, a lot of skinheads (believe it or not) hanging about looking like they wanted some action. What would that have been, 79, 80?
Crumbs Red, I was 9 or 10 then. :eek:

Exactly how old does one have to be to qualify as EBG, by the way?
James Blast
Banned

eh.... I think at least my age Dave, 46 next bidet :( it comes to us all, sorry :|
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Red Sunsets wrote:eh.... I think at least my age Dave, 46 next bidet :( it comes to us all, sorry :|
That's alright then, twelve years to go. :D
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Bloody hell RS, though you were about 16 or summit, but that's perhaps 'cause I've not seen you!!
Only a paand.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Im off to T in the Park in sunny Scotland :)

If that counts!!!!

Bowie / The Pixies / Muse / The Darkness / Chemical Bros.... so far!

Paddy
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Red Sunsets wrote:eh.... I think at least my age Dave, 46 next bidet :( it comes to us all, sorry :|
My mom's 48, but you're way cooler. :D
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

My mum's is too and she's FAAAAAAAR cooler
Only a paand.
James Blast
Banned

CorpPunk wrote:My mom's 48, but you're way cooler. :D
Thank yew all very kindly Mam :notworthy: :lol: :D
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

I went to see Pink last Monday. The show was not too bad but I wouldn’t go to see it for the music. :wink:

It was fun to see all those freaky fans singing along whit her. I’m wondering if I look as goofy like them when I go to see something I like.
:D
Another Shade of You.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Sexygoth wrote:My mum's is too
that why you and your mum are always being taken for sisters? :lol: ;D :wink: :innocent:

:kiss: :P
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Padstar wrote:Im off to T in the Park in sunny Scotland :)

If that counts!!!!

Bowie / The Pixies / Muse / The Darkness / Chemical Bros.... so far!

Paddy
Nice one Pads, T in the Park is a fine festival. Went in 95 or 96 - Prodigy and Leftfield were the stars of the show, Black Grape were pretty ace, and Keanu Reeve's Dogstar were exactly what you'd expect.

Whatever else you do, DON'T leave the festival site, or you'll be accosted by hundreds of Buckfast snaffling urchins trying to bite your wristband off. All very Lord Of The Rings I suppose.

Enjoy.
Debaser
Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:I saw them once, Faith tour, Tiffany's Ballroom, Glasgow. Carnage Visors film as the support. It was a grim night, a lot of skinheads (believe it or not) hanging about looking like they wanted some action. What would that have been, 79, 80?

EEEEEh...I can play that game....14 years old , snuck into Aj's in Lincoln, had to stand at the back and just gaze at the lovliness wot woz Wobert. 1979
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
James Blast
Banned

Dave Whelan wrote:hundreds of Buckfast snaffling urchins
It's not held in The Buckfastbelt anymore Dave, Balado I believe, somewhere more northern and free from the curse that the Monks visit upon those neds of the Lanarkshire area.

For more info PM Derek R, he's been to everyone :D
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

WHOO HOO

AC/DC playing Leeds
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Unconfirmed as of yet, but May 5 - 9 in NYC

Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Guess you know where I will be in May. :oops: :oops: :oops: