But Genevieve

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Well this is an interesting thread - says a lot about the renewed energy in the band that I wouldn't even be surprised anymore if something surfaced :eek: Whatever might be, it's really really great that they are writing and playing new tunes :notworthy:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

both dylan and ben have as good as give the game away on other social media platforms.

"IT'S TIME..." :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:both dylan and ben have as good as give the game away on other social media platforms.

"IT'S TIME..." :von:
Really? Where? I can't see it.
eastmidswhizzkid

Ben is an insta-blurt! he couldnt even stop hmself giving the ghost game away in that interview with the 2 old guys.
he's already admitted to recording with more bands than he's actually in if one of them ISN'T the Sisters and thats counting the charity single.

also, Dylan says stuff on Aimee-Lara's pages that he doesnt say on his...btw she has 2 insta, 2 pro FB and a private so you maybe aren't following all you could.

eastmidswhizzkid

or ma\ybe its just my wishful thinking...half the fun is in the hunt you know. the catch is rarely better than the chase. :wink: :von:

Todashi

Who is Aimee-Lara? Is that his girlfriend? Am I not stalking as effectively as I could be?

: )

Kidding, obviously. It's great to get an insight into the lives of artists we like, but I draw the line at tracking down their kids/partners/parents etc.
“I don't want people to come and see our gig because of the magnificent things I'm doing with my hips, but it's their evening, you know. They have to have fun. I'm a little bit naive."
Todashi

Okay, I now know who Aimee Lara is.

Holy s**t.

That's all I'll say.
“I don't want people to come and see our gig because of the magnificent things I'm doing with my hips, but it's their evening, you know. They have to have fun. I'm a little bit naive."
Todashi

I want to be Dylan when I grow up.
eastmidswhizzkid

she's incredibly hot no;? and they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in love its really sweet. ;D

i didnt stalk her deliberately! i saw them together on Camden High street last September. They walked past me and as The Dude nodded in recognoition at me i thought " wow-this guy is such a rockstar he's even got a supermodel girlfriend and here he is being the new guy and acting respectful to crusty old me." i loved him for all that. As soon as i got to a pooter and sent im a FB friend request she was in his profile pic and a click on her tagged name took me straight to one of her professional pages. AS I 'collect' alt models i had to have a good look and then -respectfully- message her to say how much i admired her work. :von:

Electrochrome

Tick tock tick tock...any more clues that our locked away heroes may produce something?
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Electrochrome wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 23:11 Tick tock tick tock...any more clues that our locked away heroes may produce something?
I was thinking the same thing. It is July, after all... Any whispers? Anything?
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
GC
Slight Overbomber

TheGoodSon wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 17:39
Electrochrome wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 23:11 Tick tock tick tock...any more clues that our locked away heroes may produce something?
I was thinking the same thing. It is July, after all... Any whispers? Anything?
Made glorious Summer, inter alia etc :(
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'm absolutely on edge. Checking by the hour...
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Todashi

The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. It's not gonna happen.

Zero buzz, zero activity, zero interaction.

I wouldn't release anything now - why do it in the middle of a pandemic?? Not like it can drive gig attendances, which in the real world is why bands release music. At least in normal circumstances.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Todashi wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 09:38 The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. It's not gonna happen.

I wouldn't release anything now - why do it in the middle of a pandemic?? Not like it can drive gig attendances, which in the real world is why bands release music. At least in normal circumstances.
Sadly yes, I’m inclined to agree.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Todashi wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 09:38 The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. It's not gonna happen.

Oh hell, that sounds demotivating ... :lol: ... On the other hand, changing behaviour, once started, often comes as a smooth run. And that exactly is it. There's no point or even frustration in trying to hurry developments thus counteracting that smoothness. And underway, there's always one or other ditch to fill. Insofar, no major worries here ... ;D ...
Todashi

Being645 wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 10:27 Oh hell, that sounds demotivating ... :lol: ... On the other hand, changing behaviour, once started, often comes as a smooth run. And that exactly is it. There's no point or even frustration in trying to hurry developments thus counteracting that smoothness. And underway, there's always one or other ditch to fill. Insofar, no major worries here ... ;D ...
I'm not saying for sure there will be no release, but I think we'd know if there was going to be a release soon. The new songs are great, and the unveiling of so many of them in quick succession is new, so who knows what could happen.

But I can't see anything happening now. Or even in the next six months. Like, why would they?
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Todashi wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 12:31
Being645 wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 10:27 Oh hell, that sounds demotivating ... :lol: ... On the other hand, changing behaviour, once started, often comes as a smooth run. And that exactly is it. There's no point or even frustration in trying to hurry developments thus counteracting that smoothness. And underway, there's always one or other ditch to fill. Insofar, no major worries here ... ;D ...
I'm not saying for sure there will be no release, but I think we'd know if there was going to be a release soon. The new songs are great, and the unveiling of so many of them in quick succession is new, so who knows what could happen.

But I can't see anything happening now. Or even in the next six months. Like, why would they?
Why do any bands release anything? Is it simply a part of a grander scheme to make money (put out records, get people talking, sell more concert tickets)?
I’m in a band myself. We release music when we can. Because of the sheer artistic joy of it. Why couldn’t the same be true for The Sisters?
I’ve never understood the ”why would they?” argument.
Todashi

TheGoodSon wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 13:28
I’ve never understood the ”why would they?” argument.
Yes, normally I'd completely agree with you. Except Von has effectively been saying 'why would I?' since the mid-1990s.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

I’m not sure there’s much artistic joy in recording and promoting records these days. Not for Eldritch anyway.

He’s always said how much he hates the PR machine around new releases, even when the press was actually interested. And even under normal circumstances, which these are not.

Don’t confuse your full enthusiasm for the music industry with his jaded and weary outlook. 😂
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Pista
Cureboi

Maybe that's right, but I think, when Chris was about, Von learnt quite a bit about self promotion for new output. I seem to recall him saying as much in an interview.
With the sheer number of new songs now seemingly written, hasn't it reached a point where it'd be a bit daft not to release something?
& how long will Ben & Dylan hang about if this is all for now't yet again?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Todashi

The most encouraging factor indicating that there MIGHT be releases, to me at least, is that they have written a load of songs. Like lots.

Why do this? Sure they can perform them in concert, but actually they can't perform that many without either making the concerts longer AND including the released songs that most people come for, or releasing the new ones to make it more viable to play more of them.

Like, what percentage of the 'new' songs have made up the setlist over the last 20 years? A quarter? Imagine you're Von -- how many unreleased songs can you justify putting in a setlist before you start to alienate people who don't frequent forums and keep up to date with your illegitimate youtube children. The majority of the people going to see The Sisters want to hear the early iconic stuff and the hits and they'll probably be happy enough with whatever else is played as long as it's pretty good.

Personally, I'd love to see a bigger sense of surprise about what they played when I go see them. A new release would finally do that. The existing setlists just don't change that much.
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

In addition to Pistas point: Whatever the plan is, I doubt Andrew would be keeping the boys in the dark about it.
Or, if he is knowingly leading them on? That's just a dick move.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 14:04 Maybe that's right, but I think, when Chris was about, Von learnt quite a bit about self promotion for new output. I seem to recall him saying as much in an interview.
With the sheer number of new songs now seemingly written, hasn't it reached a point where it'd be a bit daft not to release something?
& how long will Ben & Dylan hang about if this is all for now't yet again?
When I interviewed Ben, Dylan and Dave back in October, they told me that although the decision is ultimately Vons, as far as those three guys are concerned, the goal is to release the new songs. Daves exact quote: ”For us, the natural next step is of course to release the songs. Why else would we be putting so much work into them?”
Pista
Cureboi

Todashi wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 14:21 The most encouraging factor indicating that there MIGHT be releases, to me at least, is that they have written a load of songs. Like lots.

Why do this? Sure they can perform them in concert, but actually they can't perform that many without either making the concerts longer AND including the released songs that most people come for, or releasing the new ones to make it more viable to play more of them.

Like, what percentage of the 'new' songs have made up the setlist over the last 20 years? A quarter? Imagine you're Von -- how many unreleased songs can you justify putting in a setlist before you start to alienate people who don't frequent forums and keep up to date with your illegitimate youtube children. The majority of the people going to see The Sisters want to hear the early iconic stuff and the hits and they'll probably be happy enough with whatever else is played as long as it's pretty good.

Personally, I'd love to see a bigger sense of surprise about what they played when I go see them. A new release would finally do that. The existing setlists just don't change that much.
This happened to The Cure in 2004.
They started their festival tour playing way too many new songs that hadn't yet been released. As a result those shows were really flat as nobody knew the songs outside of the band.. After 4 shows they realised & reverted back to a more familiar set with just a handful of the new tracks.
It was only after the ST was released that they could gradually add more new material in.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity