But Genevieve

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I believe it's sarcasm. It can't be serious.
Being645
Above the Chemist

alanm wrote: 17 Jul 2020, 09:00 I mean come to think of it this is what Black Sail is all about:
A top notch troll all round.

Code: Select all

And in a gap between the stars.            >  stars = released albums
There is no captain till you do.           >  Von will do whatever the f$ck he pleases
We threw a line; we did not deep it.       >  he promised a release but didn't mean it
They were many, we are few.                >  there are lots of new songs! but studio recording is tedious

I keep my fireworks on the bridge.         >  Von keeps his recordings to himself
Hurl the crew from side to side.           >  he likes to f$ck around with his band members
Unfurl the sail, the world is wide.        >  he has other important stuff to do
They were many, we are few.                >  there are lots of new songs!! but releasing records is hard work

Heave away, heave away, boys.              >  the band members helped him write new songs
That's what you do.                        >  that's what they're for
Heave away, heave away, boys.              >  yup they fell for it
They were many, we are few.                >  lots of songs!!! but not for you
... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Well this thread was a bit of a rollercoaster from someone out of the loop for a few years.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Todashi wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 09:38 The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. It's not gonna happen.

Zero buzz, zero activity, zero interaction.

I wouldn't release anything now - why do it in the middle of a pandemic?? Not like it can drive gig attendances, which in the real world is why bands release music. At least in normal circumstances.
no, i doubt it would have been released before the 4x anyway. Davey said summer but if the pandemic hadn't happened the band were touring & fezzie-ing it until summers end. i predict the single (if at all) would have been a birthday present from the band. i mean, fairy cakes and postcards handed out by sexy firebreathing alt models has been done already. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 15:07
Todashi wrote: 15 Jul 2020, 09:38 The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. It's not gonna happen.

I wouldn't release anything now - why do it in the middle of a pandemic?? Not like it can drive gig attendances, which in the real world is why bands release music. At least in normal circumstances.
no, i doubt it would have been released before the 4x anyway. Davey said summer but if the pandemic hadn't happened the band were touring & fezzie-ing it until summers end. i predict the single (if at all) would have been a birthday present from the band. i mean, fairy cakes and postcards handed out by sexy firebreathing alt models has been done already. :von:
That sounds plausible to me.
Electrochrome

Todashi wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 15:08
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 15:07

That sounds plausible to me.
Definitely a sane explanation of sorts. With a 12 year gap since they played the USA (their longest since...1985--1998?) I don't think they're coming anywhere near the States for a long, long time so I can only hope some kind of product appears one day...
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

50:50 I guess now
Goths have feelings too
Being645
Above the Chemist

Looking at corona developments and that second surge spreading all over Europe with the holiday season, I think
there's reason enough to be careful about any gigs early next year ... :| ... insofar, I'd say 51% pro at the minimum ... :wink: ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

Well if they are ever going to commit anything to tape, or hard drive, or whatever nowadays then this is the time. There is no longer the same need for a WEA, or an EMI, or even a Virgin, just the willingness and the motivation. Breath not being held on the western edge of Leeds.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

It would be a lovely gesture to everyone who was intending seeing them but couldn't because of the virus.
But then The Sisters don't do lovely gestures, and why should they?
sultan2075
Overbomber

sam donut wrote: 26 Jul 2020, 22:59 It would be a lovely gesture to everyone who was intending seeing them but couldn't because of the virus.
Yeah, it would.

We had flights booked to the Netherlands, hotels booked in Amsterdam and the Hague. Our flight was scheduled to leave maybe 3 hours before the US travel ban went into effect. In addition to concerns about COVID-19, we were worried about my wife, who is not a US citizen, being able to get back into the country. So we cancelled. The airline kept our money (wouldn't even convert the fare to airline credit!), as did the hotels. Can't really blame the hotels.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Above the Chemist

sam donut wrote: 26 Jul 2020, 22:59 It would be a lovely gesture to everyone who was intending seeing them but couldn't because of the virus.
Well the actions and decisions of airlines and hotels is not within the responsibility of The Sisters of Mercy or any other band.
The entire world is suffering under that zombie apocalypse and I've also got my share in gigs that didn't take place when they should have
and accomodation that can't be cancelled ... *sigh, I'm still undecided whether I'll go there to get a short time off at least or just leave it unused
to avoid unpleasant surprises... :urff: ...

As to lovely gestures, though ... I thought that very lovely ... :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: ...

https://sisterswiki.org/Wed,_16-Feb-2011
https://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_17-Feb-2011

... not to mention the unceasing effort of the band to satisfy whatever fanbase complaints - except demands for a new release, of course ... :lol: ...
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

No, I don't really think they bear any responsibility to recompense anyone for what happened... I'm sure they were more disappointed then anyone with what happened. Or some of them were anyway 😉
I was just drunken waffling and watching a lot of Sisters gigs on youtube and hoping I haven't already seen them live for the last time.

And yeah, you're right about the birthdays! They *do* do lovely gestures. 🎂
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

sultan2075 wrote: 26 Jul 2020, 23:29
Yeah, it would.

We had flights booked to the Netherlands, hotels booked in Amsterdam and the Hague. Our flight was scheduled to leave maybe 3 hours before the US travel ban went into effect. In addition to concerns about COVID-19, we were worried about my wife, who is not a US citizen, being able to get back into the country. So we cancelled. The airline kept our money (wouldn't even convert the fare to airline credit!), as did the hotels. Can't really blame the hotels.
Ah, really sorry to hear that. We had tickets for The Hague and Maastricht too. As far as hotels are concerned we were lucky as we booked fixed rate, rather than flexible and that way they allow you to cancel right up to 24 hours before, so we only ended up paying for the two nights we spent in Maastricht. Had to book a really expensive flight back though, compared to what we'd paid in advance.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Being645 wrote: 26 Jul 2020, 20:12 Looking at corona developments and that second surge spreading all over Europe with the holiday season, I think
there's reason enough to be careful about any gigs early next year ... :| ... insofar, I'd say 51% pro at the minimum ... :wink: ...
I got bad feeling when it comes to Autumn gig. But health first.

As for single - show me then I 'll believe. But no expectation.
Nice they're writing and performing new songs.
Spiggy Sage
Road Kill

Bartek wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 07:53
Being645 wrote: 26 Jul 2020, 20:12 Looking at corona developments and that second surge spreading all over Europe with the holiday season, I think
I got bad feeling when it comes to Autumn gig. But health first.

As for single - show me then I 'll believe. But no expectation.
Nice they're writing and performing new songs.
Dont ask me, where I've read that, but somewhere I found a website (or anthing, a comment somewhere, dunno) where they already talk about moving the autum gig to 2021.
Have a look, no idea where the link was.

And yes, its quite a fact that this gig wont happen, if you ask me..
I don't know if you were wrong, but I fail to see the point of being right.
Electrochrome

Tick tock...zzzzzzzzzzz
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Spiggy Sage
Road Kill

Electrochrome wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 16:47 Tick tock...zzzzzzzzzzz
Exactly.
I don't know if you were wrong, but I fail to see the point of being right.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Sorry, but to me it still sounds like a chorus looking for the rest of the song. Hope they finish it soon though.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Boy, am I glad I came to this thread a month late!

Sissies, the Nephs, or The Cure first for long awaited new product? :lol:
Depprocksfarfar

hellboy69 wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 12:47 Boy, am I glad I came to this thread a month late!

Probably Joy Division.
Wilkstein
Road Kill

The Cure album is pretty much finished and ready for release.
GC
Slight Overbomber

hellboy69 wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 12:47 Boy, am I glad I came to this thread a month late!

Still wondering about the new Nephs.... I loved Prophecy.

......but is n't that the problem with prophecies they rarely come to pass.
Pista
Cureboi

Wilkstein wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 20:29 The Cure album is pretty much finished and ready for release.
Depending on who you're listening to.
Roger seems to have dialled that back, presumably on Robert's orders.
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 10:48
Wilkstein wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 20:29 The Cure album is pretty much finished and ready for release.
Depending on who you're listening to.
Roger seems to have dialled that back, presumably on Robert's orders.
:lol:
Hee, i PMSL at that "patience" quote from Roger.....