Book: Waiting For Another War

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
maggieloveshopey
Road Kill

Ordered, but ooof that non-US postage is a killer, isn't it? (I know it's beyond Trevor's control)
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Me too!
NickB
Road Kill

Ordered mine, postage is a killer though!
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Also ordered mine and annoyed about postage. Seems like we are supprting the US mail now, so the election can take place even though Trump withheld the support to the US Mail to stop people from voting by letter. :) :?
Swinnow
Overbomber

Jeez, that postage is a bit rich isn't it. Well if it helps rid us of Trump on the world stage. Does it encourage gun control too?
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Jeez Louise, you're not wrong. I guess since P&P is the same for either 1 or 2 copies, the clever thing to do would be to order one for your friend at the same time, and charge them the £5 or so it would cost to repost within the UK. $24 is eye-watering.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
CamilleDeville
Road Kill

I once worked at the USPS, they pay too much overtime expecting workers to work 10 hour shifts 6 days a week rather than just hire more people. Yes it’s expensive, that’s why I don’t buy much from the UK, it’s about the same to have something shipped here to the US. But I gotta have this book, then I think I need to take a break from the Sisters of Mercy collecting addiction I’ve caught lol, I’ve got summer electric bills to pay :cry:
Is you is or is you a’int, an LSU Tigers fan?
Geaux Tigahs!
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I am excited to announce that pre-ordering the second printing is now available for all newsletter subscribers and Heartland members.

The link for the pre-ordering page is here: https://www.gkwfilmworks.com/newsletter-sales

The password is "romance".

Thank you all for your interest.

The actual books will arrive in about a month and ship thereafter. This is a pre-ordering option so no one within the Sisters community misses out this time.

The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
bismarck

MrChris wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 20:40 Jeez Louise, you're not wrong. I guess since P&P is the same for either 1 or 2 copies, the clever thing to do would be to order one for your friend at the same time, and charge them the £5 or so it would cost to repost within the UK. $24 is eye-watering.
Yes, great idea. Sadly there is no cheaper postage option.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
LyanvisAberrant

Ordered! Shame about the postage but I'm so exited! Gonna be worth it xx
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Got so excited, I ordered it with the right street but wrong city/state...so ordered it again! Thank you Trevor for the refund on the first!

This will be a highlight of 2020...we need some.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Gothicbiff

I was lucky enough to get the harback edition.... but obviously had to order paperback too
:lol: :lol:
iesus
Overbomber

Ordered 1 copy just now!
Trevor if you see an order from Athens, GR it's me ;D :notworthy:
:hl:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Can't recommend this highly enough. Order one - you won't be disappointed and will thank yourself (and Trevor) for years to come.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Oh, I ordered it (Trevor, I'm the guy in DC. But hopefully not the only guy in DC).
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
DJElectricDaddy
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

I am very thankful for the second printing, and the improvements made for that edition. Can’t wait for delivery. Waiting ....Black N Gold too. Overdose or spread it out?
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

OD.

It’s what Andrew would want.

😂
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Swinnow
Overbomber

Salad Daze II might add a few paragraphs regarding the Sisterhood squabbling.

Fun, fun, fun.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

someone told me once that i couldn't do subtle. they were wrong. i do subtle very well indeed ...so well it is tantamount to pointless.

however i do shameless like an enthusiastic amateur.
to wit:

on tuesday i will be halfway to 100. the big 5-0. a half century. best part of dead. wow.
probably now you are all panicking thinking oh no! what can i get EMWK for this HUGE ocasioon. and i say "worry not" as a copy of trevors lovely book from the whole of Heartland (which would be so few scheckles each its not worth haggling) would mean the world to me. because its not about the value of a gift is it? its about the love. :innocent: :kiss: :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
DJElectricDaddy
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 18 Sep 2020, 22:21 someone told me once that i couldn't do subtle. they were wrong. i do subtle very well indeed ...so well it is tantamount to pointless.

Nice effort. Will it work? Time will tell.

Happy Birthday. Welcome to the old farquers club. Yep it really is this sh!t
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Big Si
School Bully

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 18 Sep 2020, 22:21 someone told me once that i couldn't do subtle. they were wrong. i do subtle very well indeed ...so well it is tantamount to pointless.

to wit:

on tuesday i will be halfway to 100. the big 5-0. a half century. best part of dead. wow.
probably now you are all panicking thinking oh no! what can i get EMWK for this HUGE ocasioon. and i say "worry not" as a copy of trevors lovely book from the whole of Heartland (which would be so few scheckles each its not worth haggling) would mean the world to me. because its not about the value of a gift is it? its about the love. :innocent: :kiss: :von:
Birthday Presents are supposed to be a surprise :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Electrochrome

Trevor sent an update yesterday...getting closer!
Hello Sisters fans,

Well, this is exciting news.

The paperbacks have arrived and they look great. Shipping will begin next week.

In case you haven't ordered a copy yet, the order page can be reached by clicking this link.

You won't receive a confirmation directly from the WFAW website but the email from PayPal notifying you of your completed payment is your confirmation of purchase. If you get a payment confirmation from PayPal, your book is paid and you will receive it in the mail.

Thank you for your patience and continued interest.

Trevor
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
sultan2075
Overbomber

Just finished it. It's fantastic. Trevor, I hope you've got a volume II and a volume III in you...
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
ruffers
Overbomber

Got my paperback today. There's a lot of content here...
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
iesus
Overbomber

Got a note from postoffice today to go there and get it :D
Mode Excited On ;D :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."