GW3 Deadline Saturday 26th September 11 AM

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Wooo! GW3 has arrived rather quickly. Last week was a bit interesting, do see the noticeboard in the Shed for further info and a plea for people to disinfect the toilet seat if you're going to leave that sort of thing, thanks. Onwards!

Saturday 26 September 2020

Brighton 12:30 Man Utd Goals all over the place. Van Der Beek looked useful. Second game in for Utd but Brighton already settled in.
UK - BT Sport

Crystal Palace 15:00 Everton I'm expecting a battle and a few Dammits, but who knows what team they'll be directed at?
UK - Amazon Prime Video
West Brom 17:30 Chelsea The Baggies may be on the recieving end of a Havertz honeymoon potshot
UK - Sky Sports
Burnley 20:00 Southampton Looking at a draw?
UK - Sky Sports

Sunday 27 September 2020

Sheffield Utd 12:00 Leeds This one will be quite physical, with several contusions involved. :eek:
UK - BT Sport
Spurs 14:00 Newcastle Bale's first game may not be this one. Given the starts to each team's season, anything could happen
UK - Sky Sports
Man City 16:30 Leicester Oh go on, Vardy, spoil things. City did look good the other night though.
UK - Sky Sports
West Ham 19:00 Wolves Not sure this be thrilling, but will prob end up 8-11 or summat now.
UK - BT Sport

Monday 28 September 2020

Fulham 17:45 Aston Villa Yawn. Come on Fulham, I suppose.
UK - Sky Sports
Liverpool 20:00 Arsenal Best one on paper this GW. Hoping for a hard fought excellent display of football with goals and VAR staying at home. That goes for all the games.
UK - Sky Sports

Buckle up for the rollercoaster! Check your injuries, transfers, fixtures, rotation possibilities and whether Man U are wearing that away kit again. :urff:

Good luck (if you're in IGM) :kiss:
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Pista
Cureboi

After a check of the pitch-side monitors, I have summarised last weekend's events :)

I see Amazon have got rights to a match. Prepare for a 3 minute lag.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

I just found myself rooting for Man U against the south coast scum.
I feel dirty now
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Ewwww
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

There’s no winners there
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Pista
Cureboi

Quiff Boy wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 12:45 There’s no winners there
#oleout

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

UTD's man of the match
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

Pista wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 14:13 UTD's man of the match
:lol:

Closely followed by VAR
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Pista
Cureboi

I think the refs all need to stand up to FIFA en masse.
The new handball rule is absurd
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Go Leicester! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: #mancsnothanks #WeOnlyHateMancs :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 17:02 I think the refs all need to stand up to FIFA en masse.
If they don't, then there will be club revolts. Managers, players and supporters need to put their feet down
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 19:37
Pista wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 17:02 I think the refs all need to stand up to FIFA en masse.
If they don't, then there will be club revolts. Managers, players and supporters need to put their feet down
They won't though. FIFA will just ban the clubs from international competitions.
Same for the refs I fear. They'll get excluded from officiating internationals too if they make a stand.
FIFA seem to be okay with corruption & racism but accidental handballs & offside armpits are a big no no apparently
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

it needs everyone to do it
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

The game is truly dead after today. Except the Hammers got a much needed win in commanding fashion. Other than that though....
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

A thoroughly Thrilling Thursday to you! (Just hyping. Nowt happened. A man fixed my water pump in the basement so that it doesn't flood when I do my washing, so that's a win.)

How DID we get on this GW?

Brighton 2-3 Man Utd HOW much Fergie time? Dunk's own goal not helping at all.
Crystal Palace 1-2 Everton Kouyate creating Palace's endorphins, but they got Dammitted by Richarlison and my new fave Calvert-Lewin. Picked for his England debut today.
West Brom 3-3 Chelsea We didn't see that coming! Chelsea didn't deserve the draw. Robinson one to watch, Chelsea's young uns all making a diff.
Burnley 0-1 Southampton Ings earning his money again. Do you get paid bonuses for FPL bonus points?
Sheffield Utd 0-1 Leeds Leeds/Bamford stealing the show, but the Blades rather faded this year. That'll teach them to stay up. :lol:
Spurs 1-1 Newcastle The first time I've ever walked out on a game. VAR/handball/offside flagging is killing things.
Man City 2-5 Leicester Goals for Mahrez and Ake saved a few blushes but the game belonged to Vardy, as it so often has. It was quite pleasing. The penalties were apparently ones that were reasonable.
West Ham 4-0 Wolves That wasn't supposed to happen! Jiminez did score, but not against the opposition.
Fulham 0-3 Aston Villa I'm finding it hard to have any liking for Villa, but they are looking lively at the minute.
Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal Lovely debut for Jota! Mane and Salah in on the act, but Robertson ruled. Lacazette started it all off but that was it. They're playing again right now in the Cowabunga Cup, 0-0 at HT.

So, red tape and bureaucrats have taken over football faster than the money men did. No one's happy. There was talk of refs being allowed to relax summat. I feel that it's rather lucky that crowds aren't allowed because the atmosphere would not be pleasant.
Still, there were a lot of chances

Please do keep an eye on the transfer market - there's a week to go for domestic ones and there's always a chance of surprises and FPL disasters.

The important bit! IGM stormed back into action, winning the week and the top spot back

The much sought after Yellow Jersey is being worn after sanitising by Shadow Moses FC

And the Big Shout Out to Genevieve with 72

Over in the H2H, Team WMS is wondering if it can be melted down before he has to give it back

But IGM have that league sewn up for the week too

GW4 is almost upon us.

Is there quarantine to worry about between the Shed and the BatCave?
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 20:50
GW4 is almost upon us.

Is there quarantine to worry about between the Shed and the BatCave?
No quarantine. But please bring your masks & other protective gear.
Here's the current guidelines (I think)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Perfect camoflage in the BatCave