New Model Army 40th anniversary gig

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
streamline
Slight Overbomber

I suppose I’ll have to beat myself up with my face pressed against the tv!
I am loving this.

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Lol
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
GC
Slight Overbomber

Have fun... I will watch the repeat....which hopefully will be on NMA website soon. (Have they played Vengence??... I do love it live)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Not played that yet, though they have delved through the archives for a couple of very old tunes.

They’ve just restarted after the break with Better Than Them.
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

It's belting stuff despite the odd technical hitch (not sure if that's "up my end" or theirs), but can't complain. As a wise man suggested it would be superb if Mr Eldritch could follow suit.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Had a couple of moments of buffering during the second half but nothing a couple of seconds waiting didn’t resolve.

Been very reliable so far.

Set has been very eclectic this second half - not as much energy as the first half tbh, but I sense that’s going to change shortly.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

They’ve clearly invested some money in this though. Whoever they have used for the live recording and streaming tech knows their stuff.

It’s not a cheap operation so kudos to the band for investing in it. Hope they made a f**k tonne or cash for it. Id love to know just how many people they have streaming it simultaneously.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Ah yes, and so it has. 😎

(Picked up the pace, that is)
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Hhhhhyup! 😎
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Swinnow
Overbomber

Enjoyed that.

Lovely to see No Pain return to the set and we had to turn it up to eleven for Vengeance.

Thanks to all for putting it on. Maybe Leeds can copy Bradford come February.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
GC
Slight Overbomber

That looks good.... poison street is always a perfect encore. Just a shame they did nt play burn the castle. My second wish after vengence.
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

Swinnow wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 23:10 Maybe Leeds can copy Bradford come February.
:von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von: :von:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 22:18 They’ve clearly invested some money in this though. Whoever they have used for the live recording and streaming tech knows their stuff.

It’s not a cheap operation so kudos to the band for investing in it. Hope they made a f**k tonne or cash for it. Id love to know just how many people they have streaming it simultaneously.
I gather 6000+ tickets were sold for last night's show and themill.tv in Bradford assisted with the streaming side.
Pista
Cureboi

BTW. If you still need an NMA fix
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Was a brilliant night and made you realise how much you miss gigs , superb band :notworthy:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Swinnow wrote: 25 Oct 2020, 18:32
Quiff Boy wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 22:18 They’ve clearly invested some money in this though. Whoever they have used for the live recording and streaming tech knows their stuff.

I gather 6000+ tickets were sold for last night's show and themill.tv in Bradford assisted with the streaming side.
top info! thanks :)
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

You can still see it if you didn't last night, so have a look - there is a charge but rightly so
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth

Swinnow wrote: 25 Oct 2020, 18:32

Thanks for the info. They also sold merch, so hopefully made a healthy profit.
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote: 25 Oct 2020, 19:28 BTW. If you still need an NMA fix
You've got to love German TV, broadcasting an afternoon of NMA to celebrate their 40th anniversary.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Bill Hicks wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 12:37 You've got to love German TV, broadcasting an afternoon of NMA to celebrate their 40th anniversary.
And no mention whatsoever on BBC Look North or YTV Calendar. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
Pista
Cureboi

Looks like the 40th anniversary gig will be available to watch for a bit longer

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

Bit disappointed with this. Actually a lot disappointed. Was looking forward to purchasing the VOD, about to click the pay button when I noticed in the small print you only have 6 hours to watch the show. I emailed the Mill asking for clarification if that was from time of purchase or from time of playback. Been two weeks and no reply. That’s weak. Seen NMA more than any other band so would have been lovely to see the old chaps again. Ho hum.
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

DJElectricDaddy wrote: 13 Nov 2020, 23:49 Bit disappointed with this. Actually a lot disappointed. Was looking forward to purchasing the VOD, about to click the pay button when I noticed in the small print you only have 6 hours to watch the show. I emailed the Mill asking for clarification if that was from time of purchase or from time of playback. Been two weeks and no reply. That’s weak. Seen NMA more than any other band so would have been lovely to see the old chaps again. Ho hum.
It was great, though. I think the point was that it was originally offered as a live performance, so you watched it on the night as it happened. Then there were some people who couldn't log on on the night, plus it was more popular than they anticipated so they gave it a couple of weeks VOD (with a free night to those who paid for it live). I think there is (from what I understood from the initial PR) an intention to make it available again, but you couldn't go far wrong to pick a spare evening, open a bottle of your preferred tipple and give it a goggle.
(All facts as interpreted and remembered through a wine-affected brain... )
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Oh yeah, I can understand your frustration at not having a reply, though. I would guess from time of commencement of viewing, but yes you'd need clarification of that. I see your point!