COVID-19 coronavirus

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

It turned out that kid in my daughter schoold and his parents were tested and they passed. But since my lil' one has a little contact with that kid, and even so, he was at schoold sereval days before his mother and him were tested, so there's a risk of tranmission of virus, we decieded to stop worried and love that bomb. Most likely we gonna get it sooner or later.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Understandable.
I hope the infections rates will fully culminate in winter, though with fewer casualties, and after that ... it's either over or a vaccine is found ... *sigh ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I don't believe it's gonna disappear, we may find or vaccine, or any other medication to help fight it. But it's virus, it will mutate, hell, according to scientists it already did. I afraid that we overlook long term consequences of covid, and we're not trying to prevent and ease it. But I might be wrong on this. Anyhow that's what I'm afraid the most.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Don't worry, the idiot Trump now believes he's indestructible, so maybe it's better if the rest of us succumb to the virus.

Seriously, my best wishes and kindest thoughts to all with, or close to people with, Covid.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Pista
Cureboi

Oh terrific!
Govt here is putting the legal order back in place. State of emergency for 90 days (reviewed every 2 weeks).
I am going to have to cut my own hair again aren't I?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

this is not good, steve.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Will be interesting seeing how busy the M1 is tomorrow morning going work , stay safe everyone .
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

am hoping the southern bypass is as quiet as it was
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote: 04 Nov 2020, 21:05 this is not good, steve.
I have clippers. Bought them in May & have got quite used to doing the barnet.
But seriously, no. The situation here is not great. The health service will collapse in a month if nothing's done.
I'm not really too worried. Bit fed up that it has to be done again, but that's just how it is. We have to just accept it. Last time my folks all thought we were under some sort of martial law/ police state. That couldn't be farther from the reality.
The legal order just gives Orban (who is actually a cnut) the power to bypass lengthy debates on what has to be done to get it under control.
It worked in spring.
But with everyone in the world relaxing so they could all have their summer holidays/ super spreader events it was bound to come back with a vengeance.
& the ECDC data is showing the younger age groups are now the most affected at the moment.
The only thing we can do is just be sensible & not panic or freak other people out.
I have a fe elderly neighbours & friends who I'll continue helping out if I can.
Just hope they don't give me another half a tonne of grapes & apples next year :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

There was no difference on the roads going work this morning and coming back , wasn't people on the school run either .
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

this morning was normal, bit quieter on the way home.
Pista
Cureboi

Curfews being imposed here between midnight & 5am & nightclubs will be shut down.
Music & entertainment venues only allowed to open with restrictions but only those that are all seaters. No standing stuff.
Rather oddly, I haven't seen the marked increase in joggers & cyclists that happened during the first "lockdown". Perhaps it's too cold for them now.
Or they got bored.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 11:10 Curfews being imposed here between midnight & 5am & nightclubs will be shut down.
Music & entertainment venues only allowed to open with restrictions but only those that are all seaters. No standing stuff.
Rather oddly, I haven't seen the marked increase in joggers & cyclists that happened during the first "lockdown". Perhaps it's too cold for them now.
Or they got bored.
I think they should have stricter measures. the hospitals wont be able to handle it. I also dont know if I can go home. I have a place to quarantine at Balaton before I would head to my parents but husband has asthma, who knows what happens during travel and I dont think we can risk him ending up at a hospital without speaking the language. I am homesick already so really want to go:(
Pista
Cureboi

sziamiau wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 09:28
Pista wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 11:10 Curfews being imposed here between midnight & 5am & nightclubs will be shut down.
Or they got bored.
I think they should have stricter measures. the hospitals wont be able to handle it. I also dont know if I can go home. I have a place to quarantine at Balaton before I would head to my parents but husband has asthma, who knows what happens during travel and I dont think we can risk him ending up at a hospital without speaking the language. I am homesick already so really want to go:(
I wouldn't come just yet. The hospitals are already farked.
I have a friend who works on an ambulance crew in Zalaegerszeg. He's been transferred to Budapest & he says it's terrible up there at the moment.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Still in hospital, checked some mins ago for covid again and expect to be negative unless staff around has it :urff:
Second wave is around the globe and its bigger and more savage than the one in autumn :bat: :bat:
Take care all :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 10:38
sziamiau wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 09:28
Or they got bored.
I wouldn't come just yet. The hospitals are already farked.
I have a friend who works on an ambulance crew in Zalaegerszeg. He's been transferred to Budapest & he says it's terrible up there at the moment.
ok yes thanks. I am happy Orban made the call now. we will see numbers decreasing in two weeks with the schools closing and restaurants, etc. this until December 9th will help already. curfew is also a good idea. we will stay put for now and will make a decision whether to fly out on the 11th or 12th. my parents are not well so I am terrified of no t seeing them
Pista
Cureboi

sziamiau wrote: 09 Nov 2020, 10:49
ok yes thanks. I am happy Orban made the call now. we will see numbers decreasing in two weeks with the schools closing and restaurants, etc. this until December 9th will help already. curfew is also a good idea. we will stay put for now and will make a decision whether to fly out on the 11th or 12th. my parents are not well so I am terrified of no t seeing them
He's going to pull the curfew in by 4 hours. 8pm- 5am now.
No more pool for a while then.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

:lol: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Swinnow
Overbomber

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Swinnow
Overbomber

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

lol
Swinnow
Overbomber

That film always takes me back to the ultra violence dealt out in second year Latin classes in my high school back home.

Romani ite domum.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Or the St Custards version where molesworth translates "Cotta and Balbus love the sweet voices of the gurls." into Latin as "Attoc dna Sublab evol eht teews seciov fo eht slrug."
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell