Today I have been mostly...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
iesus
Overbomber

Thank you for your wishes and positive vibes send :kiss:
A soup with that weather sounds good idea, even if i am not a chicken fan, i imagine someone can use another type of meat for such a soup ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Pista
Cureboi

iesus wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 16:08 Thank you for your wishes and positive vibes send :kiss:
A soup with that weather sounds good idea, even if i am not a chicken fan, i imagine someone can use another type of meat for such a soup ;D
I suppose you could use turkey or duck but I'm sure that would prolly be frowned upon by our McHeartlanders :D
*makes note to try duck a leekie soup*
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

... watching CNN ... and yeah, relief... Had that gone on for another four years,
the whole world could have been thrown back to before WW2 in some places.
With the corona thing spreading, there's clearly enough we have to cope with.
I really foster some hope that there's at least a tendency to return to reason now.
That sort of reason that has sadly been missed out for entire generations ...
... * sigh ... :wink: ...
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Let's hope Johnson just crapped his baggy pants.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

but also

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Tango share prices will take a battering with Trump losing .
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

still watching CNN!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Shadaloo
Road Kill

Local cathedral in my district was ringing bells at 2:00 PM or so. Girlfriend reported seeing a man with a US flag out of his car smiling as he drove, cheering and honking. Lot of smiles in the air today.

There's this palpable sense of relief that just seemed to be everywhere I went today...and I'm just in Canada!
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

They are dancing in the streets in the Bay Area.

I just keep looking at my kids, who really have only been aware of politics under Trump. I’m so glad this shadow won’t extend much further over their youth.

I’m off to go celebrate. Then we have more work to do. We need the senate!
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

What she says. I didn’t realize that my shoulders have been knotted up by my ears until 8:30 AM PST.

Even the weather is happy today!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I still can't figure out how there are Trump fans on the Facebook MyHeartland group.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Really?

Yuk.

Facebookers be facebooking, I guess.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I mean, did they miss the whole point of The Sisters or just most of it?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

Do you know who reported the vid in fb heartland?
Watched that trump defenders, first thought they were trolling then i realize they meant that :eek: :urff:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It was NOT Matt Slowikowski who reported it but I can't remember now who it was. I thought it was a joke or a mistake at first.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Just boot them and block them.

It's a private group, not a public service - there's zero requirement to put up with arseholes.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Must admit I am in no way a fan of "cancel culture". Personally I find the likes of Trump, Farage, "Tommy Robinson" and their ilk to be racist twunts who are wholly unsuited to public positions of power. I do, however, support the right of them and their supporters to have a say. It is a necessary evil of a free society. The political extremes of both right and left only triumph if you stay quiet and let them crush you.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Pista
Cureboi

On a greener note, I hauled the leanders inside for the winter

Fudge me they were heavy!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Karl Popper wrote:Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.—In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be most unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant.
—Bertrand Russell
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote: 09 Nov 2020, 12:53 Must admit I am in no way a fan of "cancel culture". Personally I find the likes of Trump, Farage, "Tommy Robinson" and their ilk to be racist twunts who are wholly unsuited to public positions of power. I do, however, support the right of them and their supporters to have a say. It is a necessary evil of a free society. The political extremes of both right and left only triumph if you stay quiet and let them crush you.
I never judge people by their political views. Well said swinnow
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

I only do that when people’s political views colour the rest of their views.

And unfortunately so many Trump fans are utter c**t, endorsing and supporting the selfish, racist and downright f**king stupid evil s**t Trump has done.

If you align yourself with that man, knowing the atrocities he’s sanctioned, the fraud he’s committed, the absolute lying, self serving hypocrisy he’s guilty of, the hate and division he’s cultivated... well. If you still chose to align yourself with someone capable of all that, knowing full well what he’s done, you’re no friend of mine.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

And if you support someone like Trump, you’re damn right I’m going to f**king judge you.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigr ... r-n1247144

f**k every single Trump supporter for supporting this s**t.
iesus
Overbomber

And a small new joke i just read.

- Why can't Trump go to White House anymore?
- Because it's for Biden

;D :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

@Pista Can we ban him for that “joke”? :urff: