GW9 Deadline Saturday 21st November 11.00AM

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Wooo! Back from the Internationals at long bloody last. Well done Scotland, and Wales. England, you are boring me to tears.
Now that Sky Box Office is kicked into touch, this is what we can look forward to this weekend:

Saturday 21 November 2020

Newcastle 12:30 Chelsea Go Toon!
UK - BT Sport
Aston Villa 15:00 Brighton Quite a large Villa international contingent hshould be on quite a high.
UK - BT Sport
Spurs 17:30 Man City I'm prepared for a defeat.
UK - Sky Sports
Man Utd 20:00 West Brom Utd need to shine here or there's big trouble. Rashford for PM!
UK - BT Sport

Sunday 22 November 2020

Fulham 12:00 Everton I fancy an upset. Not sure who exactly will get upset, but am looking forward to it.
UK - BBC
Sheffield Utd 14:00 West Ham ......
UK - Sky Sports
Leeds 16:30 Arsenal BAMFORD! SAKA! Thanks in advance
UK - Sky Sports
Liverpool 19:15Leicester Salah's + test a bit of a mystery, apparently. We will see.
UK - Sky Sports

Monday 23 November 2020

Burnley 17:30 Crystal Palace Whose happy place will it be?
UK - Sky Sports
Wolves 20:00 Southampton About time Wolves won, but Southampton a bit more dangerous than usual.
UK - Sky Sports

Make sure you check your injury lists after the break if you're in IGM. The rest of you may rest easy. Good luck all!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Pista
Cureboi

Palace on a bit of a high. So Burnley will prolly whip them knowing my luck
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Seems the FPL have a touch of S.c.u.n.thorpe syndrome of late.
They are taking exception to numerous team names suddenly.
First they made us change the league name to remove the word "nazis" & now Covid Casuals is a no no after 3 months.
They also pulled Draped In Red (after 3 seasons) but have since admitted that was in error.
There were a few people using Fuchs in various combinations. Those all got blammo'd too as did, for reasons nobody can fathom, Wrighty Almighty FC.
:roll:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Pista wrote: 21 Nov 2020, 10:31 Seems the FPL have a touch of S.c.u.n.thorpe syndrome of late.
They are taking exception to numerous team names suddenly.
First they made us change the league name to remove the word "nazis" & now Covid Casuals is a no no after 3 months.
They also pulled Draped In Red (after 3 seasons) but have since admitted that was in error.
There were a few people using Fuchs in various combinations. Those all got blammo'd too as did, for reasons nobody can fathom, Wrighty Almighty FC.
:roll:
Are there any alternative leagues run by normal people instead of this corporate Orwell Fan Club s**t? What a sorry shower, you'd expect some effwit in the street to not understand 'gegen' but a corporation? f**k em and their retarded ways. In no way is this rant inspired by the fact I forgot to check my team, and thus have at least one lad laid low with the rona.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Pista
Cureboi

They seem to have a new profanity filter & set it to *beast mode*
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

people who love footy enough to play FPL can't take a Fuchs ref... sheesh
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 21:28 people who love footy enough to play FPL can't take a Fuchs ref... sheesh
Fuchsing snowflakes
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

:lol:
Pista
Cureboi

No Wilf tonight
He's got the rona :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Oh heck
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Bleugh. Where did this week go? Why is it not tomorrow yet? Or holiday?
What happened in the footy?

Newcastle 0-2 Chelsea Chelsea's young guns on target. So was Férnandez, at the wrong end. All abit scrappy.
Aston Villa 1-2 Brighton Not quite what was on the cards, but a few yellows and a red for Lamptey. Brighton's stars all rising, Villa's had the dimmer switch on.
Spurs 2-0 Man City WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE! Lo Celso with an instant impact after coming on. Lloris had to make 5 saves though, so not all easy peasy. A good way to go top, beating one of the main title contenders.
Man Utd 1-0 West Brom Johnstone in the WBA goal played a blinder, but Utd and Fernandes took it. Fernandes let Rashford take it, later in the week, because he promised. Good lad.
Fulham 2-3 Everton Was very nearly an upset! Everton stumbling a bit. Digne and Calvert-Lewin starring, but this Decordova-Reid looks a bit useful.
Sheffield Utd 0-1 West Ham The Blades lost, but forced a good many saves. Second Season Blues.
Leeds 0-0 Arsenal Not what was expected! Except for Leeds' booking total, maybe. Pepe's red card a surprise.
Liverpool 3-0 Leicester Tense moment. A Leicester win would have taken them above Spurs on points. Liverpool win - Spurs stay top on GD. Liverpool managed a fairly easy win without the backbone of the team, so kudos to their squad. Wasn't so good against Atalanta last night.
Burnley 1-0 Crystal Palace Burnley off the bottom at Palace's expense. Zaha positive.
Wolves 1-1 Southampton Quite a lively game with the result about right. Walcott scoring for the Saints again after 15 years.

We have the tables:

IGM still winning! WOOOOO!

The Yellow Jersey adorns The Clash Athletic

And ringing in thier ears, the Big Shout Out also goes to The Clash Athletic with 85 of the whoppers.

In the H2H, my Crown has been stolen by Dynamo Salah,

but IGM still winning so my tantrum is less lively than it could have been.

Last but not least - Goodnight, Maradona.
Boca Junior's stadium left only one light on last night - Maradona's box.

Napoli are considering renaming the San Paolo in honour of their maestro.
Pista
Cureboi

Nice summary. Thank you :notworthy:
Was bitterly disappointed with the Palace result. It was flipping Burnley FFS! :evil:
Still, Newcastle tonight so maybe...just maybe..... :)

New GW is up & running :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity