The great football jersey debate

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

Buttons = YES or NO?

Collars = YES or NO?

Sponsors = YES or NO?

Evertons revolting grellow (green/yellow) away kit = YES or NO?

Alternative ‘third jersey’ kits = YES or NO?

Football kits are a big part of the cultural identity that of a team/city/region and im fervently opinionated in this department to the point of OCD

A bad kit can put a hex on a teams season before they’ve kicked a ball.

What d’y’all think? Fave kit? Worst kit?
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Swinnow
Overbomber

Buttons - pointless (see what I did there) frippery

Collars - no thanks, as a kid the floppy collar was the major point of distinction between my team's home shirt and that of our most disliked rivals. To this day any Liverpool home shirt with a floppy collar is instantly dismissed as being 'too Yernited'.

Sponsors - necessary evil, but all the betting firms we see now are plain wrong and the ever increasing number of them on a shirt is starting to make the game resemble bloody rugby league in all its laughable amateurism.

Everton yellow - if you know your history I am sure they still owe the rent and so cannot be considered a serious topic for discussion.

Alt third kits - yes please. Though our current black/grey/pink chequered affair is a rare example of an awful black kit.

Local identity - agree fully.

Bad kit hex - not really though I have often been irked by liking Everton's kit when it is smarter than ours for a given season.

Fave kit - LFC 1976 Umbro home shirt - white v-neck collar, gold liverbird LFC logo on the chest. Class, end of.

Worst kit - anything with that devil on the club badge.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Pista
Cureboi

Buttons = Deffo not. Just think of all the drag

Collars = & look like this shower? I think not. !! & they have buttons too !! WTF?

Sponsors = Would prefer to see charities on the shirts TBH & I'm with Chris on the betting company stuff. With the advertising hoardings, the half time ads etc. it's too much now.

Evertons revolting grellow (green/yellow) away kit = At least it doesn't look like it's got a chunk of shower curtain stuck on the front. Or like a bar of cheap soap.

Alternative ‘third jersey’ kits = LOL

Local identity. Yep for sure. Remember when Cardiff were made to wear red? Not a popular move at all.

A bad kit can put a hex on a teams season before they’ve kicked a ball? Anyone remember this?

What d’y’all think? Fave kit? Worst kit? Biased I know but the 80's Palace kit with the sash was lovely.
Worst? Mmm. It's a toss up between this delightfully subtle CD Palencia thing and AFC Bedale's sausage obsession. But there has been some stiff competition
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ROBBIE

[/quote]But there has been some stiff competition
[/quote]

Wow there are some bad ones - personally I think number 21 is by far and away the best kit for the England Women’s team next World Cup :eek: :D
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
Swinnow
Overbomber

By Everton away kit, did you mean their current third shirt....

Which is nondescript, a bit like the debt ridden club and it's wooden shack of a ground :lol:

Or did you mean this beast....

Which is a full on abomination from their many years in the shadow of greatness.

Me, biased? Never.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Perhaps more shirts like this is the solution...
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
DJElectricDaddy
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

Must say, despite the dreadful team, West Brom have the best Jersey this season. Really love the thick/thin stripe motif. Too bad we won’t be seeing it very much, or for much longer.

On the other hand the Arsenal third kit wth the weird zebra stripes.....what the living hell were they thinking. Hot tub 80s time machine?
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning