Today I have been mostly...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

😂😂😂
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
DJElectricDaddy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

iesus wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 12:41 I am in hospital from Saturday early morning with pneumonia and a small group of throbbing blood in them :urff: :urff: :urff:
I am getting step by step better docs are from yesterday positive. :wink: :bat:
I ll comeback when better :kiss:
God that sounds dreadful. How are you doing? On the road to recovery I hope. I can’t imagine how stressful having a serious respiratory illness must be in times like these
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
iesus
Overbomber

DJElectricDaddy wrote: 12 Nov 2020, 18:38
iesus wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 12:41 I am in hospital from Saturday early morning with pneumonia and a small group of throbbing blood in them :urff: :urff: :urff:
I am getting step by step better docs are from yesterday positive. :wink: :bat:
I ll comeback when better :kiss:
God that sounds dreadful. How are you doing? On the road to recovery I hope. I can’t imagine how stressful having a serious respiratory illness must be in times like these
Tuesday evening i took exit papers and from that time i came home and i am doing lockdown activities like making jello for the family, browsing around, having reading i9n various books etc. I am doin much better hope will recover full in a 1-2 week period. No throb remains at this time in lungs, all clear, taking according medicines. :) :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Pista
Cureboi

iesus wrote: 12 Nov 2020, 21:48 Tuesday evening i took exit papers and from that time i came home and i am doing lockdown activities like making jello for the family, browsing around, having reading i9n various books etc. I am doin much better hope will recover full in a 1-2 week period. No throb remains at this time in lungs, all clear, taking according medicines. :) :bat:
That's great news.
Take it easy mister. Get better.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

I will try to do my best steve :)
Thank you all for the positive vibes and thoughts :notworthy: :notworthy:
Gives me strength :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Hope you’re getting a chance to listen to lots of good music. Good news that you are back home & getting well.
Being645
Above the Chemist

:cool: Good to hear you're back home, iesus, and with your health improved. Now fully recover nicely ... :) :) :) ...
...sending lots of good energies to Greece .... :bat: :von: :bat: :von: :bat: :von: :bat: ...
Pista
Cureboi

Baking this
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

Sitting outdoors on a working vacation in the mountains of West Virginia, and wondering why the hell I would ever want to go back to DC.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
iesus
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 13 Nov 2020, 17:22 Baking this
watched it, liked it and suppose that if you liked that combination you should know about this --> https://www.amazon.com/Halva-Makedoniko ... B0040HD0KG
This is the ultimate flavour in that combination of those 2 ingrediants for hudreds of years around ;D :wink:

Edit- @sultan2075 That sounds like a don't go back if you feel it's wrongt to go back :)
'Are we the Baddies?'...
sultan2075
Overbomber

Don’t tempt me! My wife loves DC though, and we have a cat waiting for us. But I think for what we pay to live in the city we could get a beautiful old farmhouse on 11 acres out here, where it’s clean and quiet and beautiful.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Above the Chemist

sultan2075 wrote: 13 Nov 2020, 19:02 Don’t tempt me! My wife loves DC though, and we have a cat waiting for us. But I think for what we pay to live in the city we could get a beautiful old farmhouse on 11 acres out here, where it’s clean and quiet and beautiful.
... and where your cat could stroll around in the countryside ... :twisted: ;D :wink: ... depends on how far away the city is, I'd say.
DJElectricDaddy

sultan2075 wrote: 13 Nov 2020, 19:02 Don’t tempt me! My wife loves DC though, and we have a cat waiting for us. But I think for what we pay to live in the city we could get a beautiful old farmhouse on 11 acres out here, where it’s clean and quiet and beautiful.
We went to DC on our Epic East Coast vacation last summer (when that sort of thing was still possible). Didn’t have much interest in going there but out of the 4 cities we stayed in (NYC, Philly, Boston) I loved DC the most. Totally surprised me. I wanted to rent a car and drive out to Shenandoah but just didn’t have the days in the itinerary. The whole trip was a pleasant juxtaposition to California

With my wife and I working from home we are weighing options to live elsewhere now the post-covid work landscape looks like it will/can be fully remote. So I totally hear where you are coming from regarding getting out of the city. So sick of sirens and helicopters and fart-can-ricers and traffic.
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
sultan2075
Overbomber

My wife laughs at me because everywhere we go, I want to find a way to move there. Overall, I am pretty happy with living in DC (we are about 20 minutes east of SCOTUS on foot), but getting out into the clean mountain air was absolutely wonderful, and so was the quiet. Here, the sirens are pretty regular, and the helicopters are constant. I can't stop thinking of the farmhouse though - it's actually two separate homes and two outbuildings, and if they throw in the sheep and the chickens, I'd be overjoyed. But no way that my wife will go for that!
--
DJElectricDaddy

sultan2075 wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 17:51 My wife laughs at me because everywhere we go, I want to find a way to move there.
Man I can TOTALLY relate to that. Always stop to look in realtor windows :)
Overall, I am pretty happy with living in DC (we are about 20 minutes east of SCOTUS on foot), but getting out into the clean mountain air was absolutely wonderful, and so was the quiet. Here, the sirens are pretty regular, and the helicopters are constant. I can't stop thinking of the farmhouse though - it's actually two separate homes and two outbuildings, and if they throw in the sheep and the chickens, I'd be overjoyed. But no way that my wife will go for that!
Yeah same again. There are many worse places to live than Fullerton. Heck it’s the home of Fender guitars so it’s instantly cool. But I keep saying it’s had it’s finest hour and is in a steady decline. I’d love to move back to London, or Britain in general. Or up Pacific Northwest. But my California wife cannot be without the sun, which severely limits our options
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Big Si
School Bully

Day 9 and i'm now completely addicted and obsessed with this Game :kiss:

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Back to the dentist after extraction. Infection. To my surprise a private prescription worked out a hell of a lot cheaper than a NHS prescription! £6.45 . I thought I would pay at least double!
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Having my yearly MRI at Kettering general , it was bloody eerie not seeing many people around .
DJElectricDaddy

Hanging sparkle balls on the trees in our street (for those neighbors that opted in). Steady feeling of the motion wobbles like you get after bing on a ferry crossing (from being up in the wobbly lift all day)
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Pista
Cureboi

...surrendering my British driving license for a Hungarian one.
Should have done it years ago really
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Doing my christmas presents. Where's 'Christmas Claire the Wrap Goddess' when you need her? If anyone sees her please point her towards LS28.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Thinking about what the UK will look like after 11pm GMT on Friday next. Oddly, the thing that has only just hit home is that, with free movement and the right to work in Europe (or in the UK for EU citizens) being done away with, touring bands are going to be deeply effed. Let's say you were into a band whose lead singer lived in the EU (and presumably by this time has citizenship of the country he lives in) but other band members lived in the UK. So assuming the lead singer maintained his UK citizenship he could come to the UK to tour, but the rest of the band would have to get visas to tour in Europe. And European bands will have to get visas to tour in the UK.

I knew that Brexit was going to suck on multiple levels, but this new realisation just hammers it home.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
DJElectricDaddy

Pista just retweeted a petition that addresses this very issue
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Swinnow
Overbomber

Thanks for the pointer, petition duly signed. Brexit truly is a huge step backwards. As Zappa said, 'a mind is like a parachute, works best when it is open.'
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
DJElectricDaddy

Listening to the thunder and watching the rain

One thing about California, we won’t get rain for a couple of years, then get it all at once in one day
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning